Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GTS W7DE project for sale
Charlie_Zetec

posted on 13/8/20 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
GTS W7DE project for sale

FS - GTS W7DE (McSorely +442)

Listed a while back, but got put "on the back burner" whilst life progressed - unfortunately attention to the car didn't! Due to continually ongoing house renovations and ill family member, I have zero time to devote to this project. I have listed below all details of what I have, along with what's missing/required to finish her off.

What's included?

GTS Tuning W7DE model (based on McSorely +442 plans) with rear roll bar and diagonal struts
Full GRP bodywork in orange and black (orange sides & tub, black nosecone, bonnet & scuttle)
Caterham wind deflectors fitted to scuttle
Carbon fibre rear arches
Carbon fibre dash (CSM reinforced, but mould available if you wanted to re-make) and Savage billet switches fitted
Interior transmission tunnel panels powder coated orange to match bodywork
Black GRP seats and runners included
Rear light pods and NAS spec Land Rover lamps

Sierra running gear, and matching front cycle wing brackets
Front upper fully-adjustable wishbones (made by Wozsher on here)
Rear De-dion axle and panhard rod setup
Fitted with Sierra 7" 3.62 LSD with 100mm Lobro joints (bolt-on shafts, all new joints)
New AVO coilers fitted
Front vented disks, solid rears, all new disks, pads and callipers (bit of surface grime from the workshop) all fitted with handbrake; brake lines in situ, but no M/C so new owner can decide
Sierra adjustable steering column with IVA steering boss
Upper steering column bearing
Lower column jointed for IVA approval, and fitted
Steering rack (fitted)
New radiator and fan (Burton power), with orange powder coated brackets
Wing mirrors
IVA bonnet catches

Stainless Zetec Westfield exhaust manifold
Zetec engine mounts
Alloy racing fabrications fuel tank and straps
Bailey Morris propshaft (to suit Type 9 & Sierra diff)

Premier Looms new loom
New ignition switch
NAS-spec light units, plus reflectors
Misc. front/side indicators lamps
Horn
Misc. fuses and relays

Selection of (new) spare mushroom inserts, ball joints & track rod ends, camber adjusters, wheel bearings, Sierra uprights and hubs.

What's missing/needed?

Front wings
Brake M/C & pedal box
Engine and gearbox (car was setup to take Zetec & Type 9, but will accept most things due to size!)
Engine management for the above (Zetec can be run on OE management if you see big_wasa's posts on here)
Instruments for dash
Wheels & tyres (currently sat on build wheels - included in sale)
Steering wheel (think I've still got a Sierra wheel somewhere I could include)
Exhaust backbox (I've got a bike can that I can include, but don't think it'll pass IVA)

I've tried to be as accurate as possible with the description, but as always, I'm sure there's bits I've missed off somewhere along the lines - that said, I'm sure there's additional bits that I've not included as well. For the right person, it probably wouldn't take much to get it all together and on the road, with the assistance of a donor vehicle or engine/gearbox. If it helps, I can assist buyer with sourcing suitable items.

I have kept all receipts for all parts, and will pass them on to new owner for IVA/registration purposes or just their own records. There's all the usual suppliers; Kitcardirect, Burton Power, Rally Design etc..

I have pictures of everything, which can be sent to interested parties via e-mail - save trying to upload them on here.

I'm looking for £1,650 ovno for everything, which I think is reasonable (although if I'm well off the mark, please let me know).

I will not be splitting any parts at this stage, nor taking requests - I'd rather sell all to one person to build the car, or at least let them have the opportunity. If this changes, I will update the listing accordingly with prices for individual items.

Car is in storage near Chelmsford, Essex, should interested parties wish to view.

[Edited on 14/8/20 by Charlie_Zetec]

[Edited on 15/8/20 by Charlie_Zetec]

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 19/8/20 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
Had a number of people message about this, but nothing seems to come to fruition!

Am I asking too much for it? If so, I will consider offers below what I listed it for....

If no takers by this Friday eve, it’ll get listed on (the dreaded) eBay and Facebook marketplace.

big_wasa

posted on 19/8/20 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
It doesn’t sound outrageous to me but they are funny times. Pictures would help if you can find away of getting them up.

I put an engine on Facebook and didn’t get a snif, not even a snide comment.

BigDawgV8

posted on 19/8/20 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
U2u’ed!
Charlie_Zetec

posted on 27/10/20 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
BUMP.

Not been to the unit in over a month, due to family caring duties. Really want to see this go to a good home rather than sit there, so best offer over £1,400 takes the lot.

I put it on eBay but had so many messers and stupid questions, I begrudge putting it back up unless there's zero interest on here.

If no takers by mid/latter part of November, will break for parts and sell separately - but will list items individually on here if it gets to that stage (probably get more £ for bits that way).

cfc999

posted on 27/10/20 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
U2U sent

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.