Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Arranging collection of engine on a pallet
pmc_3

posted on 13/12/20 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
Arranging collection of engine on a pallet

Hi guys,

I need to get an engine collected soon. The seller has a pallet and is happy to secure it down and drain fluids etc

Any suggestions on a company to use to deliver it?

Cheers

macc man

posted on 13/12/20 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
A pal of mine sends motorbike engines & parts by Hermes. I have used UPS a few times they both seem ok.
belgian2b

posted on 13/12/20 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Hello,

my engine was shipped from UK to Belgium throught National Pallets.

Quite happy with the tracking and delivery

Gerardo

steve m

posted on 13/12/20 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
I used the following link to send an Engine that i had sold on ebay with insurance and all the liitle add ons , it cost around £100

The driver, did check there was no oil in the engine, but it was laying on its side, but i had drained it, and had the engine on a large piece of carpet, just in case, tying it down with rope was a pain,

https://www.nationalpallets.co.uk/?msclkid=e299cc4740531a7e7c3093910978813a&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Domestic%20%7C%20E ngine%20%7C%20Exact%20%7BNEW%7D&utm_term=engine%20courier&utm_content=%5Bengine%20courier%5D

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

joneh

posted on 14/12/20 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
I used sendapallet when sourcing an engine from another member on here a few years back.

https://www.sendapallet.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Shipping-engines3.pdf

Arrived with no issues.

wylliezx9r

posted on 14/12/20 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
I used Paisley freight in the past very good service and cheap.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

pmc_3

posted on 16/12/20 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, used National Pallets worked out about £70 being collected Monday for delivery to me Tuesday
pmc_3

posted on 21/12/20 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Well today was a fail. Engine was all packaged up and on a pallet, seller had sent me photos to make sure I was happy. Collection window of between 9.00 and 17.30. Seller messaged me at 16.00 to say no sign so far so I thought I would check everything was ok and got 'Very sorry your order didn't get sent to the depot, we can collect tomorrow instead'.

It was arranged for today because the seller was home all day and was to be delivered to my work because I would be there tomorrow. I've got to call again tomorrow so they can send some instructions to the depot for the driver and it's now being delivered to my home on Wednesday (they wanted to charge for the change of address! needless to say they are doing that free of charge).

Right royal pain in the ass! Just for good measure a xmas present for the wife that was on a 48 hour tracked received by Royal mail on the 14th is missing somewhere in the system!

steve m

posted on 21/12/20 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
I am in the same boat,, Wifes xmas present of a new ipad, was due yesterday, and nothing came, and the email i received says 02 Jan now,

My first order with Amazan,, and im not happy !

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

lsdweb

posted on 22/12/20 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
Well I've got this being collected today so let's hope National Pallets turn up!

pmc_3

posted on 24/12/20 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
Well it arrived yesterday but they delivered to the original address and not the updated one! Went and picked it up from work today as I wasn't in yesterday.

The radiator didn't survive the trip

https://flic.kr/p/2kk1WWa

And the end can took a bit of a battering. I'm hoping I can get the dents out.

https://flic.kr/p/2kk1q3L

Fortunately the engine, manifold, clocks etc all look ok.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.