Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: scratch build exoskeleton thread
drt

posted on 4/12/17 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
I'd love to put it on the road, but it seems mine is the worst country in the world for such a thing.
So euhm I have a little route around the leg.

Thanks I always loved the roverK, it should bring me to -500kg now... that will allow me to trailer it (750kg)

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   drt 's Aim
drt

posted on 14/1/18 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
So
Finally started on extracting the K-series...
And doing other stuff in the lid workshop during the long evenings.
For the sake of honesty ... when I designed the car I never had never seen the uprights but had parametric kinematic designs for the placements of pick up points... in my stupidity I guesstimated the location of the steering arm.
And that bit me in the ass as later appeared that the only bumpsteerless route was through the chassis member
FFS

[img]
[img]

Because of the top A arm interfering I can only reinforce the bottom and cross brace above... a bodge... But I can see no other way

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   drt 's Aim
drt

posted on 14/1/18 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
Why so little progress ?
In 2017 me and my daily where taken of the road by a hit and run.
With no funds I set out to get a cheap daily, had to restore one in the end.
Finished I was faced by sudden a 10 fold road tax increase and was priced out.
Sold it at the original price despite the resto because the market had caught on to the tax regime.

With only commercial vehicles exempt from the tax man (yeey capitalism) I had to try for a van...
A T4 was the only thing reliable and in budget... well in this state

So on top of that new brakes, turbo, suspension, bumper beam, back garden respray, fuel pump and other weld work ... we're mobile once again.
2017, I won't miss thee

<<  2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.