New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tiger build so far,
furryeggs

posted on 9/10/17 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mk7matt
Looking awesome buddy.
Nice quality build.

I look forward to it being on the road so we can go for a run out.

cheers dude, not long to go. Just started to finish off the little bits now, theres just sh*t loads of them.

furryeggs

posted on 20/10/17 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
I've had a few more hours in the garage this last few weeks, not as many as I need but I'm almost there...

I've managed to get some carpet on the rear bulkhead...#
[img][/img]

Finally got round to shortening the handbrake cables and sealing the ends...
[img][/img]

I've got the seats back in and belts fitted...
[img][/img]

Fitting nut covers in place where required as i go round tightening down bolts...
[img][/img]

[img][/img]

The filters back on now the TB's are as close to balanced as i can get them. Along with the drivers side footwell plate offered up, this just needs drilling and screwing down...
[img][/img]

I've carpeted the boot and covered the lid. This just needs the fuel cap bolting down and its done...
[img][/img]

This is as close to finished as I've had it and it's looking good
[img][/img]

Although the list of jobs doesn't make it seem being close to finished...
[img][/img]

furryeggs

posted on 19/11/17 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
I've managed to sort out my thermostate housing this week, it has been one of the unexpected jobs I've had added to the list along with trimming my engine mount plate as it was knocking on my raceline sump.

Some how during modifying my original thermostate one of the screw holes cracked and i didn't notice. I had a little leak on reassembly so gunked it up with some rubber gasket. I probably over did it and it cracked...
[img][/img]

The old thermostate nose and thermostat along with the new (92 degree)...
[img][/img]

As I'm not running a heater there's a few blocked up outlets. I'm not running a bypass pipe back to the bottom radiator hose so tiger advise to drill a hole in the thermostate to act as a bypass for water to flow. I decided to run with 3 to keep it circulating...
[img][/img]

All done, re installed and topped up...
[img][/img]

Next job will be the rear lights.

CosKev3

posted on 19/11/17 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Just be aware there is a good chance you will have to remove all the nut covers on the suspension mounting bolts as the tester will want to check the bolts are long enough to pass through the nylock nuts
furryeggs

posted on 21/1/18 at 12:05 AM Reply With Quote
There's not been alot going on with the build over xmas but it's now time to get ready for IVA.

I've been putting drilling big holes for the rear lights off for long enough, I've masked everything up and started to take measurements. The Tiger body is nowhere near square at any point across the rear tub. This has pretty much made a tape measure and level usless.

I have managed to get everything pretty well lined up...
[img][/img]

I've started to add the vinyls aswell, so far I've got my bonnet patch and race numbers cut and applied...
[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Once the lights are finished I need to get the maps sorted and tuning done.

Daf

posted on 21/1/18 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Looking good, if you get your IVA done soon you should be able to make stonleigh this year
furryeggs

posted on 21/1/18 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Thats the plan... hopefully i can get IVA done by the end of march.
Daf

posted on 21/1/18 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by furryeggs
Thats the plan... hopefully i can get IVA done by the end of march.

Is all the paperwork filled in and sent? Get it done ASAP then you can book the test when you're getting closer, I made the mistake of "finishing" the car then sorting the paperwork. Ended up waiting for ages with a car that was ready to be presented.

furryeggs

posted on 21/1/18 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Most of it is. I just need to print off and photo copy reciepts/invoices to send with it.
furryeggs

posted on 28/1/18 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Frustrating week this week, fuel regulator issues and a coolant temp sensor faulty means the engine won’t start, see this thread

( https://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=211522 )

I’ve ordered a 3 bar bosche regulator and housing from pure motosport along with a new temp sensor. Hopefully that’ll sort the engine issues?
I have managed to get my rear lights drilled and fitted, then it’s tiding up ready for IVA... The paperwork will be sent as soon as I’ve sorted the engine issues.

Fingers crossed

furryeggs

posted on 6/2/18 at 02:49 AM Reply With Quote
So I'm finally there, roughly 4-5 hours left of jobs and she's finished IVA paper work and armature build forms are all printed off and signed, along with photo's of the build and invoices, I'm just waiting for a invoice from Tiger for the chassis...

-fit the under dash panels and secure foot plates.
-finish wiring in a switch to the fuel pump and tidy under das wiring.
-Set front tracking and torque the suspension bolts.
-Fit new battery leads.
-Bleed brakes.
-Cut the tail pipe of my exhaust. I inadvertently made a trumpet by welding on a wider bore tip to the tail pipe.
-Exhaust heat shield

My new 3 bar bosch FPR and Pure motorsport housing are now fitted and plumbed in, it's holding good pressure, unlike the adjustable one it replaces...
[img][/img]

One thing I do need to sort is make a heat shield for in between the exhaust and water pipes. They are very close.
[img][/img]

She drives under her own steam again...
[img][/img]

Daf

posted on 6/2/18 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
Looks good, have you had it at an MOT centre to check the emissions? That was the one thing that caught me out on my IVA as it's one of the only things you can't check at home - if you haven't already got one fitted a wideband lambda is a good call.

Get loads of pics up and I'm sure everyone will give you some IVA thoughts and opinions - you will be on the road for summer

furryeggs

posted on 6/2/18 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
Wideband fitted, and running.

I’m getting it down to a mates asap for an emissions check, the light’s aligned and the tracking/ride hieght. I’m hoping the emissions are ok, Prior to my running issues it was running rich, even with your (Daf) IVA Map. You could put your hand over the tail pipe and it’d come away covered in thick black soot. Now with new FPR and plugs it’s clean as a whistle, and smells of exhaust, not petrol.

furryeggs

posted on 13/2/18 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
I've started a new IVA thread

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/29/viewthread.php?tid=211698&page=1?#pid1767979

I'll try and keep them both updated

furryeggs

posted on 17/2/18 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
I've had a few hours in the garage today trying to sort out my mirror mounts... I think I've got it sussed.

Took some brackets I've had lying around that I wasn't sure about using (to bulky)
[img][/img]

This is the mounting on my side mirrors I've been trying to sort out without drilling the cage...
[img][/img]

Split both down to their component parts...
[img][/img]

[img][/img]

A little drilling and a few modifications and 2 become 1, Just need to get them fitted tomorrow.
[img][/img]

I used another bracket and process to get the rear view mirror attached...
[img][/img]

[img][/img]

And i managed to get 2 new Tiger badges made up for my seats.
[img][/img]

furryeggs

posted on 2/3/18 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Getting closer to my IVA, just finishing off little bits...

Machined and fitted some spacers for my seat belts.
[img][/img]

I now have clearence to the seat when I'm sat in the seat so I should be ok.
[img][/img]

I've made the boot lid a little to tigt so I've made a paracord pull to get it open...
[img][/img]

Made up some bonnet catch covers, again, hopefully now IVA ok...
[img][/img]

Mocked up some under dash carpet panels...
[img][/img]

I've rubber covered my exposed ignition barel and wrapped the top column in cloth.
[img][/img]

Just a few bolts to sort out and finish tidying under the dash and thats me done

Mikael nordin

posted on 11/7/18 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by furryeggs

And i managed to get 2 new Tiger badges made up for my seats.
[img][/img]

Hi
Nice Tiger!!!
I have a Tiger b6 with Gsxr 1000 engine here in Sweden and would love to have the Tiger stickers. Are those custom made or bought some place?
Thanks
Mikael

furryeggs

posted on 27/8/18 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
2 Month update

Since passing IVA a few months ago I've managed to get 300 miles on the clock, there's been a few niggly bits to sort but all in all It seems to be holding together... EXCEPT... when I'm a knob and forget to clip the bonnet down :-( I got lucky and it didn't hit anything or anyone as the roads were empty. It was all In slow motion, up and over, and hiting the grass verge and across the kurbing. If it had hit the road it would of been alot worse...

The main damage was to the front corner and scuffing along the top edge...
[img][/img]

[img][/img]

There were several cracks through the gell coat In more than one place which I had to drill out and re resin...
[img][/img]

I also had to rebuild and strengthen the front corner. This was then trimmed and reshaped...
[img][/img]

I added a front bonnet pin to keep that front edge lifting, This has been one of the issue I've noticed so now was the time to do it.
[img][/img]

All done and re painted... Just need to re do the vinyls.
[img][/img]

Another issue I have had is with my exhaust, It's been blowing through the collector and I am on my 2nd better flowing silencer. I bit the bullet and had laura at tiger send me their collector and got rid of the ill fitting ebay special. it's all sealed up nicely now but my 2nd hand rear box is loud, I think I need to redo the wadding. It's not a massive can 5" diameter and about 20" body with 2.25" pipe. but with the wadding cloged it may as well be a straight through pipe, I don't think it's doing much silencing...

[img][/img]

Also fitted my extinguisher to stop it knocking around the boot...
[img][/img]

I have also got a leak from the tail seal on my gear box which i need to get round to doing, but I think that will be a winter job. along with side bars on my cage and possibly a screen?

mk7matt

posted on 27/8/18 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
I’ve got a screen for mine. No wipers or demister though so I had to remove come MOT time.
Been caught out in the rain with it on and I couldn’t see a thing. Had to pull over and wait.

That’s why I now use the aeroscreen.

If you do go for a screen, think about fitting wipers too.

2.0 Pinto powered Mk Indy.
10 years in the making.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.