Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ford Pinto 1.6 & 4 carbs from Honda CBR1000
xico_ze54

posted on 24/5/18 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Ford Pinto 1.6 & 4 carbs from Honda CBR1000

hi all

what is expected if we put a 4-carb set from a 1990 Honda CBR 1000 F into an old Pinto 1.6 from 1983 came from a Sierra?

this will work? not work? works with some modifications? expect what?

did someone tryed before?

please don't say it don't worth the work, or could be better if use a 2.0 Pinto. that mentioned above are the material I have in my garage and want to know if the "cocktail" would result in something good without spend any money other than a new intake manyfold.

aprectiate some suggestions.

thank you.
Amadeu

http://www.viseudesign.com/Sevenesque-36.htm

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
SJ

posted on 24/5/18 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
Plenty of people have put bike carbs on Pintos to good effect.

What size are the venuris? My guess would be 34mm+ which will be fine for a 1.6.

You'll need to change jet sizes and maybe change needle height [if possible on that carb] to get it running well but not insurmountable.

The hardest bit is making or buying manifold - I guess you'll need a vacuum take off for the distributor.

Stu

Nickp

posted on 25/5/18 at 05:07 AM Reply With Quote
Personally I think the effort will probably outweigh the performance benefit on a std 1.6 Pinto.
Any decent twin choke weber will supply it with plenty of air and fuel.
They will look and sound good though

stuff

posted on 25/5/18 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
Go for it! Make/buy manifold and carbs and fit them to the 1.6 and get it running. If not in power, you will at least gain i knowledge. Later on you car always buy a 2.0 engine and use the manifold and carbs on the new engine.

(I am preparing a yummy 2.0 pinto. Will complete the car build with a stock 2.0 pinto and swap as soon as i have got the plates. Naughty me
Got hold of "newly" built pinto engine done by a professional rally tuner: Slightliy bored block. New bearings, gaskets and pistons. Schrick 274 cam. Ported head. Adjusted and balanced and then just sat in a shed for a couple of years. Price? 200£ :O

Started to complete it with 42mm carbs from cbr1100xx. Custom manifold from danstengineering. Ignition system still to be decided)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.