Board logo

driving postion
brookie - 6/2/11 at 06:34 PM

what the best one, when im driving in my mk indy i have a problems seeing the front left side wheel so can not gudge if im to close to the corner when going round it if u get my drift

[Edited on 6/2/11 by brookie]

[Edited on 7/2/11 by brookie]

JoelP - 6/2/11 at 06:43 PM

well, in a normal tintop you definately cant see the front left wheel, so most kitcars are a big improvement over that. Myself id go as low as possible, both for centre of mass and keeping your head under the rollbar. As for judging corners, you can usually position within a few inches without seeing the wheel directly once you are familiar with your dimensions. On a road you wouldnt be pressing to such tolerances anyway - if theres a kerb to hit, you'd want to give it a foot clearance to avoid any crap in the gutter. On a track, theres usually nowt to hit anyway!

adithorp - 6/2/11 at 06:43 PM

Translation anybody?

pekwah1 - 6/2/11 at 06:47 PM

no idea.....
i usually go behind the steering wheel myself....

bitsilly - 6/2/11 at 06:50 PM

I am lazy and like to sit down.

designer - 6/2/11 at 07:03 PM

Can't we ban text speak and use proper English?

Ben_Copeland - 6/2/11 at 07:04 PM

I'm lost

pekwah1 - 6/2/11 at 07:05 PM

the only txt spk i can c is "gr8", i don't fink 1 word iz 2 bad

ReMan - 6/2/11 at 07:30 PM

Where is the Hend when you need him

JoelP - 6/2/11 at 07:33 PM

its not text speak, just crap granma. However, theres no need to point it out really! You'd understand just fine if your life depended on it

brookie - 6/2/11 at 07:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
well, in a normal tintop you definately cant see the front left wheel, so most kitcars are a big improvement over that. Myself id go as low as possible, both for centre of mass and keeping your head under the rollbar. As for judging corners, you can usually position within a few inches without seeing the wheel directly once you are familiar with your dimensions. On a road you wouldnt be pressing to such tolerances anyway - if theres a kerb to hit, you'd want to give it a foot
clearance to avoid any crap in the gutter. On a track, theres usually nowt to hit anyway!

thank u

RAYLEE29 - 6/2/11 at 07:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
Where is the Hend when you need him

LOL