Board logo

Stevenage area meet, any interest ??
Andybarbet - 12/6/15 at 06:20 PM

The SG7 meets seem to have finished for now so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in meeting up ?

I used to enjoy the odd Sunday lunchtime chat/beer & look at some nice kitcars.

If anyone would be up for it, post your interest here & maybe we could sort something out until the SG7's starts up again ?

Maybe just meet up in the same place on 1st Sunday of the month as per the SG7 meets.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers - Andy

scudderfish - 12/6/15 at 06:22 PM

Let me get my MOT sorted.....

Cubby - 12/6/15 at 06:33 PM

+1

Andybarbet - 12/6/15 at 06:40 PM

I'm in, unfortunately needing more than an MOT though :-)

Maybe I should host a meeting at my house & call it the 'Andys useless at building his car meet'

rusty nuts - 12/6/15 at 07:06 PM

Car building party?

qwerty_100 - 12/6/15 at 07:37 PM

Count me in just need to sort carbs out, used to enjoy that meeting what happened to John andd Jane nice couple

scudderfish - 12/6/15 at 08:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Car building party?

What needs doing Andy?

Andybarbet - 13/6/15 at 06:12 PM

Pretty much everything mate.

I have most of the parts I need to get a long way with the build, just a few bits to refurbish & make here in the Barbet workshop.

Today I've been helping my eldest (15) remove the engine & transaxle from his 1970 hillman imp. He is learning a lot & loves the imp, im happy to put my things off at the moment as I'm getting quality time with my family, my build was always going to be a long term plan, that's fine by me :-)

p2ccolo - 16/6/15 at 02:06 PM

I could be up for this, though I'm a little far away (high Wycombe) so would prob depend on the route

Harrodbear86 - 22/6/15 at 07:58 PM

Hi,
I would be up for a meet, I'm based in Gidea Park so not too far.

Andybarbet - 22/6/15 at 09:23 PM

Shall we try for Sunday 5th July ?

The meets used to be 1st Sunday of the month.

I'm up for it, 'The George & Dragon' at Graveley Herts SG4 7LE

http://www.georgeanddragon-graveley.co.uk/

I will give them a call to see what time they open.

Andybarbet - 22/6/15 at 09:33 PM

I've tried the SG7 kitcar website but it doesn't seem to exist anymore, I texted john a few months back & he said he might start the meets again later in the year, at least if we meet in the same place at the same time, it might eventually tie in.

Xtreme Kermit - 24/6/15 at 06:32 PM

A couple of die yards usually still turn out on the first Sunday. Having said that I can't make July 5th due to my daughters birthday.

Andybarbet - 24/6/15 at 09:16 PM

That's why I thought if we keep the same place & date, we might meet the odd person that still pops in :-)

I can make 1st Sunday of July & August so I will pop down with my eldest boy anyway.

We will be on our bikes as im in training for the London to Brighton night ride in September.

AndyW - 25/6/15 at 07:06 AM

I might just pop along too!! Depending on the wife work shifts. will let you know

Andy

Cubby - 25/6/15 at 08:06 AM

Andy ,

Can't make it this time as I have a track day at Snetterton but my son and I will make it next month.

Johneturbo - 25/6/15 at 11:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by p2ccolo
I could be up for this, though I'm a little far away (high Wycombe) so would prob depend on the route

Same here as i'm Aylesbury some good roads around here p2ccolo

Xtreme Kermit - 26/6/15 at 08:58 PM

Good idea Andy!

quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
I might just pop along too!! Depending on the wife work shifts. will let you know

Andy

scudderfish - 5/7/15 at 08:20 AM

Passed my MOT o/

Family commitments

Andybarbet - 5/7/15 at 09:14 AM

Im Going to aim for Midday.

Will head down in the tin top.

If anyone is coming down, I will try & get a seat under the oupside seating bit if it's still there.

Robsparky99 - 30/8/15 at 10:09 PM

I've just bought a Formula 27 and am near Biggleswade. So will be looking for a local meet up.

Andybarbet - 30/8/15 at 10:27 PM

I think the next meet is next Sunday, I will pop along on my bike anyway as I'm in training for London to brighton in 4 weeks time.

rusty nuts - 31/8/15 at 07:26 AM

Weather permitting I'll try to get ther

AndyW - 31/8/15 at 09:05 AM

I will try and get there too, although the wife has to be at work for 2pm so it might only be a short visit.

Andybarbet - 6/9/15 at 10:21 AM

I'm heading down in s minute, weather is good here

rusty nuts - 6/9/15 at 12:01 PM

Sorry I didn't make it , been helping my brother in law

AndyW - 6/9/15 at 12:03 PM

Sorry I could not make it either, wife had to go away with work last night so left me babysitting

We will have to arrange a regular meet for next year, I love to meet up and chat cars with like minded peeps.

Cheers

Andy

Andybarbet - 6/9/15 at 01:35 PM

2 cars & 4 people, weather was lovely & I got a training ride in for my London to brighton in 3 weeks time, took my 3 year old with me in the bike trailer :-)