Board logo

Convoy to Stoneleigh from Yorkshire on Sunday
Hellfire - 29/4/07 at 09:28 AM

After the success of last years turnout, who's up for a convoy down to Stoneleigh on the Sunday?

There will be quite a few people travelling south down the M1, so how about meeting up at Woodall services just like last year, between Junctions 30 & 31.

Maybe even Darren will turn up, if he's fixed his car

Phil

rayward - 29/4/07 at 09:39 AM

sounds good what time??.

Ray

Hellfire - 29/4/07 at 10:07 AM

Suggest about 9:30 unless any more northern members need a bit longer to get there.

Phil

chrisg - 29/4/07 at 10:13 AM

I'd have been up for it but I'm going down saturday.

see you there!

Cheers

Chris

Hellfire - 29/4/07 at 10:17 AM

You'll be camping though Chris won't you? You could always get up early on Sunday, come and meet up at Woodall and then drive back down in convoy

Phil

[Edited on 29-4-07 by Hellfire]

car builder - 29/4/07 at 11:28 AM

hi i would love to join the convoy, iam in leicester, any idea what time you will be coming past?

i know i havent got far to go but still be good to be part of it.

James.

[Edited on 29/4/07 by car builder]

mandbsheldon - 29/4/07 at 11:30 AM

chrisg - 29/4/07 at 02:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
You'll be camping though Chris won't you? You could always get up early on Sunday, come and meet up at Woodall and then drive back down in convoy

Phil

I hadn't thought of that Phil.

I'm still not thinking of it.

Cheers

Chris

BTW - not camping this year I'll be staying in the Locost Hilton - a caravan, but not mine as I'm not old enough to own a caravan yet!

Hellfire - 29/4/07 at 04:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by car builder
hi i would love to join the convoy, iam in leicester, any idea what time you will be coming past?

i know i havent got far to go but still be good to be part of it.

James.

[Edited on 29/4/07 by car builder]

Is Trowell Services between Jct 26 and 25 any good for you about 10:30 ish?

Phil

Hellfire - 29/4/07 at 04:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mandbsheldon

Should be a good place to advertise your car Leigh, unless of course you've already sold it.

Phil

Marlon - 29/4/07 at 05:51 PM

If I've got my reg no for then i'll make one in, should have a cob in tow as well (if this is allowed)

john

roadrunner - 29/4/07 at 06:06 PM

I might be able to come, but it will be in the tin top, i still have no exhaust manifold.

car builder - 29/4/07 at 07:52 PM

hi phil how about leicester forest east services, if not i will wait there and follow when u come past.

james.

Hellfire - 29/4/07 at 08:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by car builder
hi phil how about leicester forest east services, if not i will wait there and follow when u come past.

james.

Leicester Forest East it is then about 10:45ish

Phil

Hellfire - 29/4/07 at 09:06 PM

Chris, I've allowed half an hour at Woodall to wait for Darren (He's not even said if he'll be coming yet!)

Still hopeful for about 6 plus though. (Not including tintops) Trouble is though, some seven owners have sold up, some are still building and others are building 'trackday only' weapons

Phil

TangoMan - 29/4/07 at 10:09 PM

I'm up for it. Not the best drive down using Motorway but I guess it's the quickest. I usually go A1/A614/A46 as it's more fun.
There is a nice little shortcut to finish, from the Baginton island, which goes through the lanes and cuts a fair bit out. It is also nice to finish with a pleasant drive before hitting the queues.
I am hoping to make it there and back with no problems as the head gasket looks to be on it's way out.

I have a new gasket set but am planning on sorting the head and fitting new cams once Stoneleigh has been and gone.

9.30 at Woodhall sounds OK to me, and I won't be in the tintop

Darren??? It's a challenge to get down and back without a hiccup this year.

[Edited on 29/4/07 by TangoMan]

car builder - 30/4/07 at 07:57 PM

cheers phil, c u lot on sunday.

Wadders - 30/4/07 at 08:30 PM

Wish i could make one in but i'm off to York to play at drag racing instead
Have fun ya all. Oh and watch out for those sneaky bobbies on bridges with the speed guns

Al.

P.S post loads of pics when you get back.

PAUL FISHER - 30/4/07 at 10:16 PM

Sneaky that AL,getting some pratice in for the MK drag day on the 15th of July

Wadders - 30/4/07 at 11:29 PM

bugger, got me!

quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
Sneaky that AL,getting some pratice in for the MK drag day on the 15th of July

Guinness - 2/5/07 at 09:03 PM

Aye up Yprkshire folk!

Due to a change in shifts, it looks like I can come to Stoneleigh!!! Will be leaving the North East on my own (Darren ain't coming out to play). Should get down to Woodall by 9.30am.

Cheers

Mike

Hellfire - 2/5/07 at 09:19 PM

Woohoo, another one for the convoy!! See you at Woodall Mike.

Phil

Hellfire - 3/5/07 at 11:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chris mason
i'll not be at woodall, but i'll be at stoneleigh, change of plans

Chris

So which stand will your Sprint R be displayed on?

Phil

DarrenW - 4/5/07 at 09:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Chris, I've allowed half an hour at Woodall to wait for Darren (He's not even said if he'll be coming yet!)

Still hopeful for about 6 plus though. (Not including tintops) Trouble is though, some seven owners have sold up, some are still building and others are building 'trackday only' weapons

Phil

Ive just wet myself reading this thread and spat tea all over my keyboard Brilliant - thanks guys!!
Im a legend in my own lifetime - or should that be leg end????

Unfortunately i cant make it this year through choice. Ive just started House development project no.2 and need to get on. Plasterer is coming out next week and ive loads to do to prepare.

All being well i will get to Newark. Im hoping to drive down Sat evening and camp over.

Marlon - 4/5/07 at 09:22 AM

I've had the dvla inspection at 7.30 this morning, getting a phone call at about 2 to go pick up the tax disc and then the plates. Just need to convince the inlaw in the cob to join the fun! I'll confirm my place tonight.
john.

DarrenW - 4/5/07 at 09:02 PM

Bloody hell!!!!! cough..spit.. Another keyboard knacked

If i ask nicely Chris will you leave me a van and trailer at Scotch Corner just in case????? The good news this year is that the dizzy cap cant fail this time.

Ive had to plan ahead just to try and get the passout (not yet approved!). Oh poo - tent!!! Need to get one of those. Thanks for reminder?

Marlon - 5/5/07 at 08:08 AM

2 definates here! 1 indy 1 cob.
Got my plates,
Racked up a few hundred miles,
All seems ok with the car,
got my aa cover so sod it just go for it!

john

Peteff - 5/5/07 at 08:35 AM

Festival tent offer should be good for an overnighter.

car builder - 5/5/07 at 09:45 AM

hi phil, been a change of plane cant meet at the leicester forest east services sorry,

hope u all have a goodrun down,

drive safe, have fun.

James.

stevebubs - 5/5/07 at 10:53 AM

If there's a couple of spare seats in your convoy, I'm sure flak would appreciate picking up...

See Here

kipper - 5/5/07 at 08:44 PM

another one for your convoy see you at Woodhall 09-30
Kipper ,,, Red Stuart Taylor.