Board logo

New MK owner
Blackcab - 17/7/09 at 10:52 PM

I have recently bought an unfinished project MK Indy and am looking forward to finishing it off ... first job strip everything off and start again. I will post up some pics when I get chance.
Engine is a 1.6 (165 block) - im not sure if it even runs as there is no distributor on it at the mo.
Quite a bit of work to do to get it how I want it. I have built before (spyder silverstone) and must have done a half deent job the car was at newark show the other week.
I am in wakefield so any locals feel free to say hello, call for coffee, get hands dirty etc

mangogrooveworkshop - 17/7/09 at 10:55 PM

Welcome to the madhose

eccsmk - 17/7/09 at 11:01 PM

sounds like your going to have fun

and as above welcome to the madhouse

Fozzie - 17/7/09 at 11:32 PM

Yes..a big welcome to you!
Nice to see you eventually got here!

Looking forward to seeing the pics......

There is a stickie in 'Clubs and Events' called Locost Builders Locations...have a squizz there to see if there is anyone who has listed their location, is near to you.....

Fozzie

Blackcab - 17/7/09 at 11:32 PM

A few pics - I am stripping it fully this weekend so I can re paint the chassis - I am using underseal for the lower section to the floor and then hammerite to the rest coated with 2 pck lacqour to give a really strong finish to the chassis.
Body panels are gel coat white but they are heading for the bodyshop when I pick a colour - possibly vandal green or the new focus rs shade of green .. still un decided

CraigJ - 18/7/09 at 07:33 AM

Just out side Wakefield here. Nice project, You wont be short of help on here.

Stuart_B - 18/7/09 at 08:57 AM

welcome, hope you have a great build

stuart

RichardK - 18/7/09 at 09:20 AM

Welcome to the mad house, I'm not that far away either for help/opinions.

Enjoy, looks nice btw, I'm running a 1.6 pinto too on megajolt for ignition.

Cheers

Rich

Blackcab - 18/7/09 at 09:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RichardK
Welcome to the mad house, I'm not that far away either for help/opinions.

Enjoy, looks nice btw, I'm running a 1.6 pinto too on megajolt for ignition.

Cheers

Tell me about this mega jolt - is it easy to fit and is it as good as they say? - I like the idea of not having to faff about once its installed

Rich

Marlon - 18/7/09 at 02:12 PM

Hey,
Where abouts in the town are ya? Any questions you have, just ask away on here, It's a fantastic site and you'll nearly always get the right answer. I did! Also megajolt is the dog's danglies if your motor is modded in any way, I wouldn't see much point if it's stock.
Oh and welcome!
john.

Blackcab - 18/7/09 at 05:06 PM

5 mins away from you by the look of it - down in Stanley.
Car has been totally stripped to chassis today - ready for blasting and coating - if you know any where local that will do a good job let me know . chassis plus afew other bits to do
Cheers

Blackcab - 20/7/09 at 08:53 PM

Car now fully stripped and going in for blasting then powder coating this wednesday. Gelcoat panels have all gone chalky so have got a guy coming to try and sort them about using a rubbing compound - he is a pro and a mate so fish and chips and a few beer tokens as payment.

Struggling to find the wheels I want without dropping to 13" and concerned they will be 2 small for the discs and the standard sierra drums that will be staying on for now.

Cant wait to start putting it all back togethor