Board logo

MK BEWARE
shorts - 9/4/11 at 05:27 PM

ITS ALMOST 8 MONTHS NOW STILL NO EXHAUST MANIFOLD, YOU PAY THEM 8 GRAND AND THEN THEY P*SS YOU AROUND, PROMISES ALL THE TIME. 45 EMAILS SENT OVER A DOZEN PHONE CALLS, EVEN LAST WEEK I WAS TOLD THAT IT HAD BEEN SENT ASK FOR A COMPANY NAME AND TRACKING NUMBER AND TO NO SUPPRISE THEY IGNORE YOU, LAST WEEK I WAS ABOUT TO GET ZORSTECH TO MAKE ONE BUT AGAIN WAS LIED TO SO THATS ANOTHER WEEK LOST. THEY MAYBE BUSY BUT HEY FOR HOW MUCH LONGER IF THEY DONT LOOK AFTER THERE EXISTING CUSTOMERS.

ALSO MISSED OUT ON OUR FIRST HILLCLIMB EVENT SO NOT LOOKING GOOD FOR THE NEXT EITHER. MNR WILL HAVE THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEWN UP THIS YEAR.

Mark Allanson - 9/4/11 at 05:28 PM

Has Darren George bought MK?

shorts - 9/4/11 at 05:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
Has Darren George bought MK?

WISH SOMEONE WOULD

Mr Whippy - 9/4/11 at 05:35 PM

first person I seen on here do such a complaint about MK

45 emails, they must think your a cyberstalker

[Edited on 9/4/11 by Mr Whippy]

chicade - 9/4/11 at 05:49 PM

i must say everytime i have ever delt with MK its been a pleasure and more than helpfull and a swift service no complaints from me what so ever.great bunch of guys down there nothing seems to much trouble in my opinion

I am not being funny but if the exhaust is such a problem why not jump in the car and go see them........

mistergrumpy - 9/4/11 at 05:53 PM

I too had a massive wait when I ordered my exhaust back in 2008. I was being fobbed off by "Baz" and when it came the headers where different lengths. I don't see why the o/p should have to make his way over from Guernsey at his expense to get the parts that have been paid for in good faith and with an agreed delivery timescale.

designer - 9/4/11 at 05:54 PM

quote:

jump in the car and go see them........

Long way from Guernsey, and wet too.

slingshot2000 - 9/4/11 at 06:05 PM

quote:

I am not being funny but if the exhaust is such a problem why not jump in the car and go see them........

Maybe thats a bit of someone not reading everything, the OP is in Gurnsey, so it isnt as simple as

'jump in the car and go see them'

If they had taken 8k off me, I'd be annoyed, to say the least!

Regards
Jon

Greenie - 9/4/11 at 06:27 PM

I ordered my exhaust on a Monday about 3 weeks ago and it was on my door step by the next week, I found Danny a pleasure to deal with, ordered other bits which they had in stock and they were here within a week...... no complaints at all......

noc231073 - 9/4/11 at 06:35 PM

I SECOND EVERYTHING ABOVE
I was in exactly the same boat. I was lied to week after week ...until i got in my jeep booked a ferry and drove to get my parts that i had already paid for and been promised for weeks they were going to be shipped it cost me 600 euros for the trip.....

As for mr whippy you havent been reading the thread on here lately, there has been nothing bout complaints about MK treatment of their customers.

shorts - 9/4/11 at 06:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Greenie
I ordered my exhaust on a Monday about 3 weeks ago and it was on my door step by the next week, I found Danny a pleasure to deal with, ordered other bits which they had in stock and they were here within a week...... no complaints at all......

i had one with the kit but it was miles out the silencer would have been higher that the side of the car and was sticking out around 500mm from the body, i sent it back as asked and have not seen any thing since. i admit they were a pleasure to deal with but after 8 months thing get a bit heated.

shorts - 9/4/11 at 06:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by noc231073
I SECOND EVERYTHING ABOVE
I was in exactly the same boat. I was lied to week after week ...until i got in my jeep booked a ferry and drove to get my parts that i had already paid for and been promised for weeks they were going to be shipped it cost me 600 euros for the trip.....

As for mr whippy you havent been reading the thread on here lately, there has been nothing bout complaints about MK treatment of their customers.

it costs me around 700quid to get up there as i did when i needed the bodywork replaced which is when i took the old exhaust with me, if i would of known it would come to this i would have kept it and had it modified, anyway ifs a big word.

marcjagman - 9/4/11 at 07:14 PM

Didn't they used to have a good reputation? It amazes me hoe they can take so much money of someone and then lie or give stupid excuses as to where the parts are, I would have thought it would do more good to be honest and admit to not having stock, forgotten about it or maybe offer a refund. Using being busy as an excuse is no good, not too busy to take your money though so it seems. I have sympathy for anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation with any company.

shorts - 9/4/11 at 07:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by marcjagman
Didn't they used to have a good reputation? It amazes me hoe they can take so much money of someone and then lie or give stupid excuses as to where the parts are, I would have thought it would do more good to be honest and admit to not having stock, forgotten about it or maybe offer a refund. Using being busy as an excuse is no good, not too busy to take your money though so it seems. I have sympathy for anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation with any company.

i think the next step is trading standards but its a bit difficult when you live overseas.

indykid - 9/4/11 at 07:29 PM

I too had a hell of a job getting a manifold from MK.

Both Baz and Phil told me they'd have it in next week for about.....3 months.

When they finally got it in, I went down to get it to find the price had gone up £30 since I ordered it. I argued, they said take it or leave it.

Now that's what I call service....

Sounds like Danny's playing the game right at least

ETA - for reference, this was in 2006

[Edited on 9/4/11 by indykid]

noc231073 - 9/4/11 at 07:37 PM

i think the next step is trading standards but its a bit difficult when you live overseas.

Yes and I think they know that also !!!!!. It seems the further you are away from them the less they want to sort any issues out..
This all happens after they take your money ofcourse .
I paid them for brand new wheels and tyres ...all I got was wheels never got the tyres...they tried to fob me off with a second hand wheels and f**ked slicks off Dannys race car ....
Still never got my tyres and theres nothing I can do because I live in Ireland

BUT THERE IS OTHER WAYS TO SKIN A CAT

Davegtst - 9/4/11 at 07:51 PM

I thought i had it bad waiting a month for a scuttle panel and then receiving it to find out it was bent out of shape. After countless calls and emails i was told to 'make it fit' and the phone was hung up. I also had to drive 130 miles to MK to collect a new manifold as mine was completly wrong and didn't fit only to get a secondhand one from danny's race car that still isn't right. This along with loads of other things wrong with the car that had to be sorted out at my expense. This is after i gave them over 8K! Where's Austinman? He usually likes to stick up for MK all the time.

[Edited on 9/4/11 by Davegtst]

shorts - 9/4/11 at 07:51 PM

quote:

Yes and I think they know that also !!!!!. It seems the further you are away from them the less they want to sort any issues out..
I paid them for brand new wheels and tyres ...all I got was wheels never got the tyres...they tried to fob me off with a second hand wheels and f**ked slicks off Dannys race car ....

a freind of mine had new wheels from them they got here and he found they had been sprayed because they were a different colour under the paint so maybe second hand also. skin a cat???

no wonder danny can afford to go racing with a new car, paid for by customers money.

yours is looking good when will you be finished?

shorts - 9/4/11 at 07:52 PM

quote:

a freind of mine had new wheels from them they got here and he found they had been sprayed because they were a different colour under the paint so maybe second hand also. skin a cat???

no wonder danny can afford to go racing with a new car, paid for by customers money.

yours is looking good when will you be finished?

shorts - 9/4/11 at 08:00 PM

quote:

austin man - 9/4/11 at 08:17 PM

I dont stick up for MK when its a service issue I have stepped in to the arguments around the roll cage and steering, I dont condone poor service at all. I understand that service can be affected due to a lot of things ie really busy, staff shortages, etc etc. Attitude can also cause poor service as well.

I am aware that MK do read the forums and I have even advised people via u2u that bringing issues online without allowing reasonable time to resolve will eneviatably cause a kick back from MK. I am not saying that this applies here in this instance nor in all the others but it has happened and is still happening. I would always recommend the be polite approach it would appear that everyone who has contacted Danny appears to have had the issues addressed. Danny would be my first port of call.

Unfortunately airing the problems on here only appears to drive the rift between supplier and customer further especially when others who have had no dealings with MK start to use this for their gain.

If I can do any thing to try and help please U2U me and I will pass it on

quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst
I thought i had it bad waiting a month for a scuttle panel and then receiving it to find out it was bent out of shape. After countless calls and emails i was told to 'make it fit' and the phone was hung up. I also had to drive 130 miles to MK to collect a new manifold as mine was completly wrong and didn't fit only to get a secondhand one from danny's race car that still isn't right. This along with loads of other things wrong with the car that had to be sorted out at my expense. This is after i gave them over 8K! Where's Austinman? He usually likes to stick up for MK all the time.

Davegtst - 9/4/11 at 08:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by austin man
I would always recommend the be polite approach it would appear that everyone who has contacted Danny appears to have had the issues addressed. Danny would be my first port of call.

You are joking right? The whole point of this thread is shorts has been waiting for 8 months and nothing has been done. Same story with me, NOC231073 and quite a few others i have spoken too. The polite approach doesn't work with MK, there wern't exactly polite back to me either.

austin man - 9/4/11 at 09:06 PM

If you read my thread Im not saying it doesnt or hasnt happened, my main point is that airing on the forum is really achieving anything and that most people who have dealt with Danny have had the problem resolved .

I wouldn't think that any company would like the amount of negative press that this forum is generating at the minute, this in itself must have cost MK a few cars in the past few weeks.

I for one havent had poor service from MK along with many more, so I cannot see why there has been such a breakdown between a few parties. From the forum it would appear 3 disgruntled people, Yourself, Noc and Shorts oh and then the others who dont own or have never built an MK.

noc231073 - 9/4/11 at 09:09 PM

Well personally I have lost quite a lot of money dealing with MK and I mean LOST..... I paid for parts I never recieved and had to replace them..
Trying to resolve issues is a waste of time with them , they just dont care...
You can see from above anyone who is do a home build at the moment is having nothing but trouble with them....and to quote BAZ on the phone to me "everyone building our cars seem to have problems but us..."
so what can you say to that...
At the moment i do not want anything to do with MK and I hope I never have to see or speak with them ever again..
I still own an uncompleted Mk which should be finished shortly ....once finished i dont really have any other option but to put the car up for sale..
Its a shame really..
Maybe then i might buy something from a company that values their customers.

noc231073 - 9/4/11 at 09:27 PM

I wouldn't think that any company would like the amount of negative press that this forum is generating at the minute, this in itself must have cost MK a few cars in the past few weeks.

GREAT.....
Thats the whole point of airing this on a public forum...if it stops just one person buying a kit from MK then its done its job..and I am happy .And it might help in stopping another person to be ripped off
I know if I knew what i know now I wouldnt go near them with a barge pole...

so how many people on this forum at the minute are building an mks at home ?

loggyboy - 9/4/11 at 09:31 PM

<--------------- Awaits Dannys reply on this thread with a keen interest.

Confused but excited. - 9/4/11 at 09:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst

If he's told me to "make it fit", I'd have done just that, but not in the car.

designer - 9/4/11 at 10:17 PM

quote:

I have even advised people via u2u that bringing issues online without allowing reasonable time to resolve will eneviatably cause a kick back from MK.

Do you work for them?

What's a 'reasonable time'.

Bad service is bad service and should be mentioned. How can you defend people that take others money, literally under false pretences.

You, personally, could have had the best service in the world, but you have to defend those that didn't!

austin man - 9/4/11 at 10:29 PM

Nope dont work for MK, however I have seen people slag them off on this forum then expect a favour off them to get their motor through IVA all in the same posting.

Let me get this straight I dont condone poor service, I do work in a customer service environment daily and see it from both sides. In disputes all is not always as it seems unless you have. I do hope that MK can get this resolved for both their customers and their reputation.

They do build and supply a good product and from my experience give a good level of customer support

Mr Whippy - 9/4/11 at 11:15 PM

At least they will deliver these days, they didn't when I started my indi and had to drive down to york from Aberdeen just to pick up a skuttle and some rear wings

It does sound like MK have taken on more than they can chew causing long delays for some people, far longer than really should ever happen. It was better when they first started and were just doing the basic kit, though I think they were subcontracting the GRP stuff at that time, mine stank on the way home as though it had just been layed. Chances are that was also Darren’s problem as if you went on the GTS site they seemed to have their finger in everything.

My first point about your 45 emails is, truth be told if it was me your email would have been blocked at about 20 and I doubt sending more would accomplish any good at all. My patience would have run out the first couple of ignored emails and I'd be going down to see what the score was even if it took a day’s worth of driving, after telling them I was coming down tomorrow...

I'd send them a letter, recorded delivery asking them to call (your mobile and make sure it’s with you) to give you a delivery date (a realistic one), stating that if it is not ready by that date then you want a full refund or will take it up with the small claims court. Also state that if they don't get back within the week then it's in the hands of the court.

There are heaps of other companies that have good reputations that make parts for 7's so not wanting to deal with MK any further is hardly a problem apart from the money you have already spent. If you have problems with your kit then you should be posting on here a lot more for advice on how to correct them, feel sorry for all the poor bu%%ers who are making theirs from scratch.

I do however like some others here think posting threads like this will not help resolve things but just rub MK up the wrong way, but that's your choice to do so. I’m all for people posting whatever they like on here so long as it’s not vulgar or lowers the very high standard of the site.

Wicksim - 10/4/11 at 11:12 AM

Really disappointed to see yet another thread on here slamming MK.

The guys at MK are currently building an Indy R for me. The progress has been good and have found them to be very helpful. Travelled up to Rotherham three times now to see the build in various stages, each time there has been loads going on up there, kits being shipped out, cars being built, visitors being shown round and more recently race preparation. Perhaps they may struggle to keep everyone happy all of the time. But what company can.

There are always two sides to every story and on here I am only reading the thoughts of the purchaser so i cant really comment on the problems. However i to feel this may not be the best place for such negative comments. It is all to easy to write faceless negative comments behind the safety of a forum, rather than sort things out face to face.

designer - 10/4/11 at 11:25 AM

quote:

Perhaps they may struggle to keep everyone happy all of the time. But what company can.

It's a companies job to satisfy customers in the order they take them on. You cannot defend any company that does not do it!!

AndyW - 10/4/11 at 12:57 PM

I think this is the very place to talk about this. There are numerous threads about people that have purchased parts from another supplier and they never get them, and this is exactly the place to post about good and bad customer service. Just look how many people on here still have bad things to say about Robin Hood's service, and they don't even exist any more.

So this is right to let people know what kind of service a company gives, good or bad.

Wicksim - 10/4/11 at 01:29 PM

I agree, these type of forums are great for fact finding before making decisions such as which manufacturer to buy from. I decided to ask MK to build my car after reading a lot about many of the manufacturers and yes they all have their pro and cons. As on all forums some go a little too far in their unhelpful comments though.

I am not trying to defend anyone, just adding my views on my dealings with MK so far and also my views on forums in general.

mistergrumpy - 10/4/11 at 01:42 PM

I have to agree also. I feel that forums like this ARE the place to discuss good and bad service received, if this upsets the manufacturer or supplier then maybe it's a reminder to them that advertisment by word of mouth is still going strong.
On two occasions by one manufacturer and one major supplier I've had them telephone me up at home and instantly start shouting the odds at me though because of simple factual comments (not bitching) written on this forum. The first caught me by surprise as I was working nights and woke up to get the phone, the second got put straight. That is what I call taking things too far.

Wicksim - 10/4/11 at 01:44 PM

Blimey that is taking it too far......

mads - 10/4/11 at 02:22 PM

I agree with some of the remarks that this forum IS an appropriate place to air concerns of poor service. Though my experience of MK has not been as bad as some of the others, I have had to wait for parts for MK that were missing from my kit which has delayed my build. This is particularly frustrating when I had booked time off work to work on the build but couldn't as was awaiting for parts to arrive from MK!

There has also been the issue that they sent me a steering rack which was not fit for purpose and appeared to have been taken straight off the donor vehicle, shortened and then sent to me. The steering arms were rusted to the TREs so I couldn't add on the trackrod extensions (which were missing from my kit) and when I did return it to MK, the guy who took it back said it should not have been sent out in that condition in the first place! I have also had an issue with regards to the bolting of my rollbar on to my chassis and when me and Alex spoke to Baz he was not very helpful.

I have dealt with Danny Keenan on here, and yes he did eventually help me out but I was waiting for about 7 weeks from me talking to them before I got the parts I needed, though track rod ends for my steering rack are still missing - Danny, any chance of these please?

I agree that if you are fairly local to MK then you are likely to have fewer problems as you can just pop over to pick up parts and ask about things. For those who do live a bit further away or who can't just pop over to MK on a saturday morning, they do need to make sure that they provide good customer service and are meeting their promises of getting parts out to us in a timely manner.

Danny is trying to build bridges with some of the disgruntled customers on here but there are a few of them and I did see he had said to shorts that his manifold was to be posted out to him about 2-3 weeks ago and the fact he still hasn't received it does not leave MK in very good light. On a slightly positive note, Danny did send some ally straps FOC for my fuel tank as not keen on bonding it top the chassis as was Baz's suggestion.

I think they could definitely do with employing someone specifically to handle the customer service side of things i.e. dealing with orders, complaints, arranging prompt delivery of items etc and allow the others to continue with the building aspect. This would certainly help prevent threads like this one.

[Edited on 10/4/11 by mads]

designer - 10/4/11 at 04:15 PM

quote:

On two occasions by one manufacturer and one major supplier I've had them telephone me up at home and instantly start shouting the odds at me though because of simple factual comments (not bitching) written on this forum

I think these people should be named. In fact they must be!!

They have no right to harass anybody, they should not be in a business, and others should know who they are.

mistergrumpy - 10/4/11 at 04:55 PM

Luego and Rally Design. TBH I was really shocked at RD as I'd always had excellent service from them before, I only asked on here if anyone else had received any orders made at a show because I was still waiting. Less said about Luego then the better, though it looks like they're changing hands anyway.
It's a shame really because I feel like I can't order anything from these companies now, both threatened not to do business with me and keep hold of the parts.
My experience with MK on the other hand wasn't a big argument just constant excuses and then told by Baz if I didn't like it then to go elsewhere.

A1 - 10/4/11 at 05:22 PM

im not taking anyones side here... but, there are two sides to every story. someone can decide to badmouth a company for no real reason, some people are just like that. However, sometimes companies treat people very badly.
Thats why this isnt really the place to be putting topics like this, cause youll never hear both sides of the story.

one way or another, hope you get your manifold sorted, trust me, its worth the wait when youre hammering down a country road on a sunny day...

Davegtst - 10/4/11 at 09:25 PM

Why isn't this the right place? Where would the right place be? MK are on here so they can quite easily clear this up if they wanted to. Or maybe they can't. I really don't understand why people continue to defend companies that give shocking service just because they have bought their product and didn't have any problems themselves. It's also funny how there are quite a few complaints about MK recently from real cusomers who have spent alot of money with them, they can't all be just complainers.

austin man - 10/4/11 at 09:40 PM

MK arent on locostbuilders, Danny is nut he isn't MK he works for them and as you probably appreceiate it appears he has done a lot to assist.

I think the decision not to register as a company on LCB was taken a long time ago due to sh1t slinging that went on back in the day.

if you count the complaints there are possibly 3 or 4 people who appear to have had a bad service and a boatload of people that are jumping on the bandwagon which tends to heighten the problem

noc231073 - 10/4/11 at 09:53 PM

Yeah You might be right that there is only 1/2 dozen or so complaining but it looks like were the only one building cars at the moment??
I pose this question,who here on this forum that is currently building an Mk at home is happy with the service they are getting from Mk????
Simple question it should be a simple answer

austin man - 10/4/11 at 10:32 PM

Could it be that a lot are building and having no problems and dont wish to get embroiled in this thread and with other that have gone from a positive to negative

A1 - 10/4/11 at 11:06 PM

I wasnt defending, i was taking no side as i said at the start. Its very easy to jump on the bandwagon without knowing all sides is what im saying...

Steve Hignett - 10/4/11 at 11:28 PM

Not that I wish to get (too) involved myself, but I feel that being a maunfacturer and getting involved with "discussions" on here is almost definitely not going to imprve most situations...

I feel that there will always be people complaining regarding one company or another, whether the complaint be regarding:-

customer service//satisfaction of full order//quality of components//roll cages that are proved compliant even though people refuse to accept it//whether they built it or the owner did!//and so on, and so on etc etc...

And these complaints can be directed toward anyone and these complaints may well be aired here as it's a public forum etc, however as someone else that's a long serving member of the forum commented earlier on tonight said, when you've been around for a while, then you start to realise whether a certain company is worth a complaint or whether a certain company has privided a good service over a period of years that has been more than sufficient for a substantial number of people...

I've had a fair bit to do with most of the kitcar companies out there, from Caterham/Westfield, through MK/MNR and down to the few cars a year Procomp and I've had both good and bad service from one or the other, but in my personal opinion, you get what you pay for with MK. ie If you put in a bit of effort, then you get a a lot of respect back. Is this a good thing? Is this a perfect example of customer service, well maybe not, but as someone who has spent a good deal of time in Cust?Serv I can say that what is lacking in Cust/Serv is made up for in reality and dealing with Baz, Steve and Danny has been very rewarding, which is worth a fair bit in my eyes.

Dealing with Martin Keenan (who set up MK Engineering a long time before he set up MK Sportscars, and is now trading again under his original name) has been identical, if not even better... Very personal, high quality and speedy delivery...

Kind regards, and hope you all get sorted asap...

Steve

noc231073 - 11/4/11 at 12:40 AM

To be honest i am finished dealing with Mk and cut my losses and move on.... There's very little satisfaction airing anything on the forum about them..
As it still doent solve any of my problems .. I have solved them myself with replacing very poor, missing and even dangerous parts with properly made parts purchased at extra expense from worthwhile company's .
And as for the comment " you get what you paid for" well thats defiantly true ...or more to the point with Mk " you'll never got what you paid for " because it's on the way or I sent it yesterday or I will send it at the end of the week ,Or we are waiting for it to be made, or many of their good excuses from their "Mk top ten excuse book". It's been an experience to say the least and one I do not want to through again in a hurry .
6 months of constantly being in foul mood expecting parts each day to arrive and they never turning up..
The car is almost complete and once finished it will be up FOR SALE ... CHEERS MK WHAT A GREAT BUNCH OF LADS

DRC INDY 7 - 11/4/11 at 06:09 AM

quote:
To be honest i am finished dealing with Mk and cut my losses and move on.... There's very little satisfaction airing anything on the forum about them..
As it still doent solve any of my problems .. I have solved them myself with replacing very poor, missing and even dangerous parts with properly made parts purchased at extra expense from worthwhile company's .
And as for the comment " you get what you paid for" well thats defiantly true ...or more to the point with Mk " you'll never got what you paid for " because it's on the way or I sent it yesterday or I will send it at the end of the week ,Or we are waiting for it to be made, or many of their good excuses from their "Mk top ten excuse book". It's been an experience to say the least and one I do not want to through again in a hurry .
6 months of constantly being in foul mood expecting parts each day to arrive and they never turning up..
The car is almost complete and once finished it will be up FOR SALE ... CHEERS MK WHAT A GREAT BUNCH OF LADS

whem you say very poor and dangerous.. what parts were they? and how did you come the that conclusion, because they are very strong words that you need to have good proof

snoopy - 11/4/11 at 07:31 AM

mmmm well i dont think poor servicefor parts and poor customer service should get this far out of hand
when i worked for mk this was part of my job and i would go the extra mile for everone to sort it out
and always did i think but i also had an office manager who was good at his job too
sadley mk dont have these two now but do think they need replacements as baz and danny are just not up to the job
when dealing with the public and do need to get it sorted asap in my opinion

omega 24 v6 - 11/4/11 at 08:01 AM

Not really got much to say other than I've never been an MK fan ( the car not the firm). It seems to me that there are as many people defending MK as there are slagging off GTS (when there is a thread like this).
BUT both companies IMHO are having the same problem. Taking orders and payment and not coming up with the goods which is of course wrong and unacceptable.
A recorded delivery letter giving a final date to comply with what has already been a long drawn out process would be next line of attack. You then MUST be prepared to go to trading standards/small claims court AND see it through ( empty threats are useless).

It will never get sorted out on an open forum for reasons already discussed.
Yes you will have caused some poor PR for MK but folk will make up their own mind on them ( I did a while back at a show).

Finally good luck it's your money untill you recieve the goods.
I suspect that if you were one of the fraternity who frequent the factory on a Saturday then the part would be with you now. Perhaps its time for MK to have a Flak Monkey or an Eddie99 ( all credit to them) to help out others.

ReMan - 11/4/11 at 08:47 AM

As a satisfied (albeit 5 years ago) MK customer, but empathetic to the complainant of the service they have received, I really hope that a Flak or Eddie type does not get involved.

Personally I found that, as in the case of GTS, this approach to be more embarrassing and evidential of really serious customer service issues than the airing of the first party complaints, and only adds further weight to the evidence that the company, whilst having good practical/product offreing, is sadly lacking in administration or management rescourse
I hope that makse sense

MikeFellows - 11/4/11 at 10:25 AM

quote:
Yeah You might be right that there is only 1/2 dozen or so complaining but it looks like were the only one building cars at the moment??
I pose this question,who here on this forum that is currently building an Mk at home is happy with the service they are getting from Mk????
Simple question it should be a simple answer

Currently Building a Indy-R - everything ive ordered has been pretty much on time (my kit was a week late). no issues with them at all, infact the exact opposite, they have been more than helpful.

bi22le - 11/4/11 at 11:49 AM

I really was not going to post or add anything to this as I have had no dealing with MK, but .. ..

My only thought is that I wonder if this is similar to how my company was when it first started out. I work in a manufacturing design company that makes rehabilitation equipment. The company is lead, directed and shapped by engineers. We love the tech side and only do the customer facing becasue its good company business. If you get a couple of dedicated non tech people to deal with the customer service and facing roles it makes a great balanced team. Engineers that can concentrate on the company and the products, customer service with little tech interest but great with people. Maybe this balance is missing.

I wish all the best of luck with this situation. MK are big players in this industry and they have the scope to give the locost part of the industry a bad name. Be professional with your company name and be proud of your produce from your company.

Roll on the summer,

Biz

mad-butcher - 11/4/11 at 11:59 AM

I've always had great service off MK once under Martin and once under phil & baz, Whoops think I've phrased that wrong.
I don't know the reason Charlie left but he built some great cars and was always on here with help and IF anyone had a problem it would be sorted there and then. Good luck to Danny with his racing but t he one thing I don't like is a company (any) bragging about their racing cars/bikes when customer services are shite, just proves to me that proffits are being allocated to the wrong area.
I am and will always be a big fan of the MK as a trackday car it handled as if it was on rails it was only when I decided to register it that self centering became an issue . A lot of the crittics of MK may not be aware that THEIR chosen manufacturer actualy got into the game by purchasing an MK off Martin and then blatantly copying the whole thing. the longer serving members of this forum know this for a fact.

tony

and before mr punctuation starts I really couldn't give a fcuk

A1 - 11/4/11 at 12:25 PM

and before mr punctuation starts I really couldn't give a fcuk

ace!

jossey - 11/4/11 at 01:23 PM

well this is fun.

I have just shown this to my mate who is saving up for his turnkey from them.

Its a shame they get such bad feedback as the indy does look lovely and is such a nice car....

anywho least i might be able to pursade my mate to buy a lambo replica now instead.. lol

MikeFellows - 11/4/11 at 01:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mad-butcher Good luck to Danny with his racing but t he one thing I don't like is a company (any) bragging about their racing cars/bikes when customer services are shite, just proves to me that proffits are being allocated to the wrong area.

these cars are sold on the back of their racing performance. without those race cars they probably wouldnt have a business.

[Edited on 11/4/11 by MikeFellows]

omega 24 v6 - 11/4/11 at 01:56 PM

quote:

THEIR chosen manufacturer actualy got into the game by purchasing an MK off Martin and then blatantly copying the whole thing

Lets be honest they are all copies of chapmans albieit changed to some degree. MK did not have the monopoly on this many copied them to a degree.

quote:

these cars are sold on the back of their racing performance. without those race cars they probably wouldnt have a business

Maybe so, BUT its should only be done using time and money to go racing AFTER all your customers are happy.
IMHO of course.
I feel for the original poster because for him to come to the mainland and sort this out would cost him I'd say £500 plus in time/flighjts hotels etc. most of the loical guys would do this face to face in the workshop and to be fair it'd probably be sorted out PDQ. the telephone and email is a great way of fobbing folk off. I see it at work everyday from many companies.

shorts - 11/4/11 at 02:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
quote:

THEIR chosen manufacturer actualy got into the game by purchasing an MK off Martin and then blatantly copying the whole thing

Lets be honest they are all copies of chapmans albieit changed to some degree. MK did not have the monopoly on this many copied them to a degree.

quote:

these cars are sold on the back of their racing performance. without those race cars they probably wouldnt have a business

Maybe so, BUT its should only be done using time and money to go racing AFTER all your customers are happy.
IMHO of course.
I feel for the original poster because for him to come to the mainland and sort this out would cost him I'd say £500 plus in time/flighjts hotels etc. most of the loical guys would do this face to face in the workshop and to be fair it'd probably be sorted out PDQ. the telephone and email is a great way of fobbing folk off. I see it at work everyday from many companies.

Just been talking to a freind of mine he ordered a complete exhaust system for a 1942 gmc 353 american ww2 truck it arrived in guersey in 9 days, makes you wonder.

snoopy - 12/4/11 at 07:40 AM

quote:

quote:

well the first one is 100% true
and would agree with the second
the third one isnt as under martin we only had a demo car and never raced it and we sold alot more then than mk sports do now
personally i think tony is right it needs much more focus on customers and shows and service and less on racing
as no customers no racing .as to the about just being engineers bit its not true they have been in business long enough to get this sorted it was when i was there
and if they cant then they should hire someone who can

mistergrumpy - 12/4/11 at 09:45 AM

I don't understand that first bit. Are you saying that there was Chapmans Lotus and then MK and every other manufacturer just bought an MK and copied it all from them?

omega 24 v6 - 12/4/11 at 09:55 AM

I think what he means is MK built a modified locost by uncle Ron who copied lotus and then everyone else copied the altered MK.

Well thats my take on what happened with ALL sevenesque motors. ( they are all derivied from the original lotus by chapman )

Triton - 12/4/11 at 10:02 AM

I would say the reason there are so many 7's available is more to do with Uncle Ron's book. The Locost shares some Westy bits, which shared some Caterham bits so at the end of the day they are all copies in some form or other.

mistergrumpy - 12/4/11 at 11:04 AM

Yeah they're all copies. It's a pretty bold thing to say that basically every 7 except Caterham and Westfield maybe has derived from an MK.

A1 - 12/4/11 at 11:49 AM

just my 2p, but I THINK this threads gone slightly off topic and gone on slightly too long to be of any good to the guy who started it...

omega 24 v6 - 12/4/11 at 12:04 PM

Ooops so it has.
Apologies to original poster and good luck sorting things out.

ReMan - 12/4/11 at 12:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by A1
just my 2p, but I THINK this threads gone slightly off topic and gone on slightly too long to be of any good to the guy who started it...

I don't really care.

To my mind too many threads get closed/truncated because they go off topic a bit.

I'm still interested in what's being said, right or wrong, that why this is a discussion forum.

And you cant just start a new thread, in the "right" forum, whichever that is? to discuss the differences or similarities of MK - Westerham etc, it would'nt happen

My 3p

shorts - 12/4/11 at 12:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
quote:
Originally posted by A1

I don't really care.

To my mind too many threads get closed/truncated because they go off topic a bit.

I'm still interested in what's being said, right or wrong, that why this is a discussion forum.

And you cant just start a new thread, in the "right" forum, whichever that is? to discuss the differences or similarities of MK - Westerham etc, it would'nt happen

My 3p

Just an update still not getting any answers from M K i think i'm going to have to cut my losses and get somone else to make one, my problem is could any one make one without having the car there, as you are talking around 2k to get it over there on a trailer etc. and if i have to pay that then i will just put it up for sale as is and lose a sh*t load of more money, the ironic thing is that i sold my perfectly good indy blade to have the experience of building one for myself something i have always wanted to do. !!!!

40inches - 12/4/11 at 01:51 PM

Just an update still not getting any answers from M K i think i'm going to have to cut my losses and get somone else to make one, my problem is could any one make one without having the car there, as you are talking around 2k to get it over there on a trailer etc. and if i have to pay that then i will just put it up for sale as is and lose a sh*t load of more money, the ironic thing is that i sold my perfectly good indy blade to have the experience of building one for myself something i have always wanted to do. !!!!

OK! Did you post to just bad mouth MK or to ask for advise?
If it's the latter then I can't give you advise, but I can tell you what I would/have done.

If I order parts that are in stock, then I expect them to arrive within 10 days, if they do not, I send the company a maximum of TWO emails and give them two days to respond, I then phone, if I am told a delivery time and the parts still havent arrived I phone back asking why!
Depending on the answer I will either wait until the next delivery date has past or proceed straight to the next phase.

I go to the local county court and pick up a pack of small claim papers,(you can now do this online, and download and print the papers) fill them in and send them to the company who are p***ing me about, with a covering letter giving them 7 days from the date on the letter(recorded delivery) to make a positive response or the papers WILL be served in the County Court.
The important thing is not to bluff, but to be prepared to carry it through AND carry it through.

In reality you would not have to make the last step, but you must be prepared to do so.
Of course you must be absolutely certain about the facts, if you are, I am afraid it is simply a case of put up or shut up.

In your position I would make Guernsey County court my first port of call ASAP.
You may or may not be able to instigate proceedings on line, from Guernsey, against someone in England, but I would think that you could.
I should just say that I have had good service from MK and don't have an axe to grind, I have always dealt with them face to face though, and only live 30 minutes away.

[Edited on 12-4-11 by 40inches]

carpmart - 12/4/11 at 02:57 PM

I think 40 inches offers good advice. IF you have explored all other avenues, then the small claims court process is there to provide you with a (relatively) easy resolution.

However - I'm amazed that MK have not tried to go the extra mile and solve this customers problems.

My perception of MK has changed significantly for the worse, based on their lack of response.

TBH - businesses fail every day, even when they have a great product, through not caring about their customers. If you apply logic to this, its easy to view it as high risk buying from MK. Would one really get involved in buying anything from a company who treats its customers in this way and is therefore 'at risk' else your 'hard earned' could easily disappear as the company goes down. Your half way through building your kit and BINGO, no more supplier

I find the whole situation amazing!

shorts - 26/4/11 at 10:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by shorts
ITS ALMOST 8 MONTHS NOW STILL NO EXHAUST MANIFOLD, YOU PAY THEM 8 GRAND AND THEN THEY P*SS YOU AROUND, PROMISES ALL THE TIME. 45 EMAILS SENT OVER A DOZEN PHONE CALLS, EVEN LAST WEEK I WAS TOLD THAT IT HAD BEEN SENT ASK FOR A COMPANY NAME AND TRACKING NUMBER AND TO NO SUPPRISE THEY IGNORE YOU, LAST WEEK I WAS ABOUT TO GET ZORSTECH TO MAKE ONE BUT AGAIN WAS LIED TO SO THATS ANOTHER WEEK LOST. THEY MAYBE BUSY BUT HEY FOR HOW MUCH LONGER IF THEY DONT LOOK AFTER THERE EXISTING CUSTOMERS.

ALSO MISSED OUT ON OUR FIRST HILLCLIMB EVENT SO NOT LOOKING GOOD FOR THE NEXT EITHER. MNR WILL HAVE THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEWN UP THIS YEAR.

Got a result
MK Have sent the original manifold back to me with a full refund, so at least i have something to work with, thanks to everyone for your support in this matter Great help.

Dave

mads - 26/4/11 at 12:38 PM

glad to hear you got it sorted. hopefully you can get it made somewhere else. I am also building a Indy R with a 07-08 R1 engine but not any where near needing a manifold else I would have offered to help.

shorts - 27/4/11 at 10:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mads
glad to hear you got it sorted. hopefully you can get it made somewhere else. I am also building a Indy R with a 07-08 R1 engine but not any where near needing a manifold else I would have offered to help.

thanks anyway, if i can be of any help in your build you only need ask, 08 r1 is quite abit different to the earlier ones.

Dave

designer - 27/4/11 at 10:47 AM

See, this forum does work.

BUT, it's still a huge failing by MK and I would not consider using them now.