Board logo

Rover V8
johncarman - 3/4/03 at 11:52 AM

Does anybody know if the Tiger Avon will take a Rover V8 without to much modification ???

Simon - 4/4/03 at 08:35 AM

John,

I'm sure that in his book on the Avon, Jim Dudley said people have built them with the R V8.

Could be worth a quick email to the man himself - he's quite good at replying (well he was last time I emailed him:-)

I've just pulled this off their website:

"Written by Tiger MD Jim Dudley, this book is a step-by-step guide to building YOUR dream Sportscar on a budget. The Tiger Avon is a high-quality, high-performance roadster based on readily available Ford Sierra mechanical components with a choice of independent or live axle rear suspension. Enginewise, you can use a straight 4 or V8 of your choice, including Ford Pinto, Ford Zetec, Rover K-Series and motorcycle units"

Alternatively:

info@tiger-sportscars.demon.co.uk

Hope this helps

ATB

Simon

Viper - 4/4/03 at 05:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
John,

I'm sure that in his book on the Avon, Jim Dudley said people have built them with the R V8.

Could be worth a quick email to the man himself - he's quite good at replying (well he was last time I emailed him:-)

I've just pulled this off their website:

"Written by Tiger MD Jim Dudley, this book is a step-by-step guide to building YOUR dream Sportscar on a budget. The Tiger Avon is a high-quality, high-performance roadster based on readily available Ford Sierra mechanical components with a choice of independent or live axle rear suspension. Enginewise, you can use a straight 4 or V8 of your choice, including Ford Pinto, Ford Zetec, Rover K-Series and motorcycle units"

Alternatively:

info@tiger-sportscars.demon.co.uk

Hope this helps

ATB

Simon

And you believe that do you??