Board logo

ST1100 bec
davebic - 20/9/11 at 04:36 PM

Hi ....Ive spent the last months getting my pan euro engined phoenix to run properly.
Its now done 3 sprints and is running great- fast but not frightningly so....however I've decided that for competition it needs to get a bit more edgy....so I am going to pull the engine out over the next month or so.
the reason for the post is I recall that there was an enquiry a few months back about such an install.
If anyone is interested the engine complete and running - itg air filter and exhaust manifolds etc will be sitting in the garage waiting for a new home- might make life easier for someone thinking of such a choice?
contact me if I can help...thanks
Dave

BenB - 20/9/11 at 07:00 PM

Nice choice in motor Personally I kept the Pan carbs and used a cut-down airbox. Trouble is the springs are way too weak and it goes all rich when you floor it.....
What are you planning on putting in it instead? I quite fancy a ZR14....

davebic - 21/9/11 at 01:35 PM

Hi Ben, thanks foryour help when I was struggling last year... It really does run nicely now.....however for sprinting I am running against cars with 70 - 80 bhp more and losing out over the finish line. If it was on the road it would be fine..it really does behave like a car engine just much lighter...
So it looks like a late model Honda CBR1000 is on the cards....joining the ranks of the screamers!!
cheers dave

matt_gsxr - 23/9/11 at 07:48 PM

why not the twin turbo route.
These engines are fairly detuned, so surely a bit of boost is what is needed!

coyoteboy - 2/10/11 at 01:46 AM

Thatsa route I'd been considering- it's a low comp motor, begging for forced induction but gearbox/clutch....?