Board logo

paddle shift
ruskino80 - 28/8/06 at 08:27 AM

paddle shift complete and working-system from pathfinder ,works a treat and excellent service from thom.note cable rather than rods. Rescued attachment r1 paddles.jpg
Rescued attachment r1 paddles.jpg

StevieB - 28/8/06 at 09:14 AM

That looks really good!

I'm going for a paddle shift from MK on my own car - was it easy to fit?

ruskino80 - 28/8/06 at 09:35 AM

does give issues with clearance on steering wheel-and had to have back of paddles strenghthened to eliminate flex.but otherwise its simple enough.

StevieB - 28/8/06 at 09:42 AM

I can see it's a bit tight for space behind the wheel.

I was planning to have the paddle shifts, with the R1 switchgear mounted behind the wheel and the R1 clocks on the dash behind the wheel too - that way I only need a small dash binnacle and just need to put a bit of edging trim around the rest of the scuttle (I'm afraid I'm from the 'if it doesn't do something essential, it's just extra weight' school of thought!)

Looks like I might have to have a bit of a rethink though!

ruskino80 - 28/8/06 at 09:48 AM

mounting the clocks behind the wheel i am sure would hamper your vision of it mainly the neutral light which you do need to see.also the switch gear in this area would be to crowded and i dont think you would be able to operate the switches well.

StevieB - 28/8/06 at 10:18 AM

Just had a look around some photo's on the site and can see what you mean.

Back to the ideas board then - there must be a way...

OX - 28/8/06 at 10:51 AM

on my r1 i put the clock behind the steering wheel just on top of the paddle shift and the switches on the centre panel but tha dash looked silly with nothing on it.

StevieB - 28/8/06 at 10:56 AM

The plan was not to have a dash at all, but just a piece of carbon just big enough for the clocks and switches. It's all part of a 'less is more' theme.

alfasudsprint - 29/8/06 at 07:10 PM

Got a link or tel no for pathfinder? how much?

thanks

Crazy Jay - 29/8/06 at 08:17 PM

Click here

This should help

alfasudsprint - 19/9/06 at 09:21 PM

Ruskin,

where did you get cable for gear change from? is it push/pull type or two pull/pulls?

tim