Board logo

oops its a bit low
imp paul - 7/5/07 at 03:26 PM

put all the frame in and engine with the diff and put the car back on the deck .and o sh** it very low to the floor. its sump is 3 inc from the deck

[Edited on 7/5/07 by imp paul]

imp paul - 7/5/07 at 03:30 PM

o poo

imp paul - 7/5/07 at 03:42 PM

millemg - 7/5/07 at 03:53 PM

No probs, 22" wheels will sort that !!!!!

Minicooper - 7/5/07 at 03:59 PM

Can you move the whole frame/engine up, I can't see your driveshaft angles from the pictures

Failing that one of those billet sumps, quite a bit of money but will help with clearance and any possible oil surge issues

Cheers
David

arrybradbury - 7/5/07 at 04:00 PM

What diff/suspension are you using?

imp paul - 7/5/07 at 04:12 PM

hi i have looked at moving the frame up but then i will have probs with the ram pipes hitting the back of the car as for the diff and suspension its a cossy diff and spax wide body rally spec dampers with 550lb rear springs and it has a chopped and modded baffled sump

[Edited on 7/5/07 by imp paul]

arrybradbury - 7/5/07 at 04:25 PM

I guess a sump skid plate and a VERY careful driver are needed then......:

dano - 7/5/07 at 04:34 PM

my zx12r is less than 2inchs from the floor, im just going to make a thick stainless sump guard

jambojeef - 7/5/07 at 05:48 PM

I think you might get away with it?

Its not significantly lower than some BEC sevenesques - the only problem with your setup is that its behind the rear axle so any upwards movement at the front translates as downward movement of the cradle.

But then again you're quite unlikely to try attempting speed bumps in it - I know Im turning around if I see any in mine!

Maybe try it on the road and see if its ok? Have you got much more fabrication of stuff to make before you could try it?

Geoff

BenB - 7/5/07 at 06:05 PM

Looks better than some BECs cos in your setup the sump is right between the wheels.... Having the lowest point 20cm behind the front wheels makes things interesting when you've got 75mm ground clearance....

RazMan - 7/5/07 at 08:06 PM

I've got 120mm clearance and I keep hitting speedbumps - I dread to think what will happen with half that!

imp paul - 7/5/07 at 08:23 PM

not near to try it out still needs drive shafts and a fuel tank also wireing lots to do

hillbillyracer - 7/5/07 at 08:53 PM

Have a look at how low some modern production stuff is, a VW Passat is only about 3 1/2- 4" of the deck. But mabye that's why the only two that I see both have had their undertrays ripped off! Then again both belong to farmers & have to travel up some rough tracks from time to time.