Board logo

Iva application form questions
Davegtst - 11/7/12 at 08:24 PM

Most of my iva application is done but I have a few questions before I submit them.

1. Max power for my hayabusa is at 9500 revs, can I lower it a bit for the noise test and how far can I go without taking the mick?

2. Can I send a cd with scanned copies of my receipts and photos of the build instead of photocopies?

3. Do I need evidence for the immobiliser? I have a sterling excel transponder immobiliser but it didn't come with a certificate.

Jaybeee - 11/7/12 at 11:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst
Most of my iva application is done but I have a few questions before I submit them.

1. Max power for my hayabusa is at 9500 revs, can I lower it a bit for the noise test and how far can I go without taking the mick?

2. Can I send a cd with scanned copies of my receipts and photos of the build instead of photocopies?

3. Do I need evidence for the immobiliser? I have a sterling excel transponder immobiliser but it didn't come with a certificate.

Don't know about the others but when I sent my photos on a CD for IVA I was told they could not read CD on their PC's. Can't say I'm surprised as I work for a Gov Dept but at least we can use CD-Rom's well we could last time I tryed!!

BobM - 12/7/12 at 05:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst1. Max power for my hayabusa is at 9500 revs, can I lower it a bit for the noise test and how far can I go without taking the mick?
I'd be careful. 9.5k is already pretty low for a bike engine. Important to try to keep the tester onside and if he thinks you're taking the mick it's likely to have a pretty negative effect. Do you anticipate a problem with the noise level? 9.5k means they'll test you at 7125k.
quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst2. Can I send a cd with scanned copies of my receipts and photos of the build instead of photocopies?
No, they'll want hard copy.
quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst3. Do I need evidence for the immobiliser? I have a sterling excel transponder immobiliser but it didn't come with a certificate.
No certificate needed, my tester just needed to see it working.

Davegtst - 12/7/12 at 09:58 PM

Thanks for the replies. Paperwork all done now, i guess i just have to wait for the call to clear out my account.