Board logo

Sportcycle
joolsmi16 - 7/11/05 at 12:33 AM

Hi all, would anyone like guess why the interesting www.sportcycle.co.uk has gone under?

Although not the best looking having it hooked up with an R1, busa ect must have been huge fun.

Having just read that the Malone skunk has just got a US agent has the 3 wheeler had it day in the UK?

Looking at that mad chap Micke with his T42 www.mride.se surely something along that line would sell in the UK two seats and big power (although perhaps not 280bhp).

Cheers Rescued attachment sportcycle.jpg
Rescued attachment sportcycle.jpg

Hellfire - 7/11/05 at 10:25 AM

Personally I think it's gone under cos it's f-ugly!!!

IMHO!

ayoungman - 7/11/05 at 12:06 PM

If I can put my design hat on for a minute.
Yep, its definately ****ing ugly.

Oh, this is my fourhundredth post

emsfactory - 7/11/05 at 01:44 PM

i cant say for certain but i'm fairly sure i've coughed up sexier stuff than that.

jambojeef - 7/11/05 at 03:13 PM

I think its totally ingenious!

Just take a formula ford thats had light frontal damage and ride a sportsbike at the back of it as fast as you can - et voila!

The beautiful synthesis of form and function....

goin2fast52 - 8/11/05 at 02:19 AM

I knew the son of the guy who designed that and he said there was interest but the kit was too expensive for what it was. Very easy to assemble, though, this guy and his dad who designed it put the trike together in a few weekends and had it out terrorizing the neighborhood while they tuned the suspension, brakes, etc. I think I have a picture around here somewhere of little me trying to see out of the cockpit It was very low and awesome, and in much less garish colors than that. Actually, its the white one on the American website. www.indycycleonline.com

Rorty - 8/11/05 at 03:35 AM

Three wheelers can attract huge interest and if done nicely, draw varied comments from dyed-in-the-wool petrolheads such as "cute", "awesome" and "Wow!".
However, that Sportcycle is an abhoration; it's not the head-turning formula car you might think, when viewed from the front. Just one look at the single rear wheel would be enough to set most red-blooded males into fits of laughter.
I'm sure itis mechanically sound and well designed, but I would surmise its downfall is entirely down to its image.

Triton - 10/11/05 at 06:24 PM

I like most 3 wheelers especially the Avion but that sportcycle thing is as a scotsman would say......"Pish"

79 civic - 10/11/05 at 07:48 PM

put two bikes in the rear and then we're talking...

russbost - 21/12/05 at 11:59 PM

What you mean like this - www.furorecars.co.uk