Board logo

Keep warm for the Winter
amalyos - 4/12/10 at 08:07 PM

Get a pair of these, they are great. I wore them today, very warm, no need for a heater.

Lidl special

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/index_15847.htm

watsonpj - 4/12/10 at 08:32 PM

The only problem is that whenever I buy overalls I end up looking like the kid at the end of the film big, with an extra foot of material in the arms and legs and a crotch half way to my knees. Wished they'd do a shortar8ed version.

Stott - 4/12/10 at 08:37 PM

We were on about them last week, I was up the store for 8 not to be dissapointed and got me some in blue! Then spent the day cleaning the garage in a t shirt and the overalls despite the -8c outside and snow everywhere, they are v good!

I've told 4 others too who have all gone and bought them but the general concensus is they are a bit nice to wear in the garage! lol

Stott - 4/12/10 at 08:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by watsonpj
The only problem is that whenever I buy overalls I end up looking like the kid at the end of the film big, with an extra foot of material in the arms and legs and a crotch half way to my knees. Wished they'd do a shortar8ed version.

How big are you?

I'm 5'7" 44" chest and the mediums are great. I did get large but they were mahoosive. The medium says 38-40 on it but it's way bigger

amalyos - 4/12/10 at 09:01 PM

I got XL, but I am 6'2" and 14.5 stone, fits a treat, even with jeans and a fleece on underneath.

GeorgeM - 4/12/10 at 09:02 PM

got a medium today after seeing Steves. Perfect fit.
Getting another tomorrow.

Should we all wear them at the next show at Stoneleigh ?
All turn out in them in the evening !!

Stott - 4/12/10 at 09:06 PM

Yeah all we need now is the shop to open selling LCB sew on patches!

watsonpj - 4/12/10 at 09:45 PM

I'm 5 5 so maybe I'll try the mediums as well then.

GeorgeM - 4/12/10 at 09:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by watsonpj
I'm 5 5 so maybe I'll try the mediums as well then.

I'm 5'8" ish, so you should be ok, you won't need bigger.

stevegough - 4/12/10 at 09:52 PM

When I'm working in the garage, I wear a thermal vest, a long - sleeved thermal skiing base layer, then 2 thermal fleeces (complete with angrygrinder burn marks ), then a thermal zippy - wooly - bear jacket, all covered by an overall. Not forgetting the mountain - biking padded but fingerless gloves (PINK) with various different gloves over the top depending on what I'm working on - and the ubiquitous thermal wooly hat - essential!

And that's in summer!!!

daryl - 5/12/10 at 10:04 AM

i tryed to get some the other day they where sold out a was not happy bow one know where else to find them near my area a got the 2 tone jak as well ideal for the garage

mangogrooveworkshop - 5/12/10 at 10:44 AM

I was looking at the machinemart dickies ones and they cost 30 quid

I need a set for work as we are working outside for 10 hours a day

daryl - 5/12/10 at 02:05 PM

hey just fund some in sunderland so went down and got 2 pair they are cany and a would say very good for the price

omega0684 - 5/12/10 at 02:11 PM

Can you not buy online?