Board logo

Machine Mart VAT Free Till 21st Nov
FASTdan - 15/11/11 at 07:51 AM

Just a heads up to everyone, I had a text and email through with a voucher code valid until 21st of this month, min spend £30 (or £50, email and text contradict each other).

rachaeljf - 15/11/11 at 08:05 AM

Good for you! Not much good to the rest of us without the voucher code

MikeCapon - 15/11/11 at 09:03 AM

Come on then Dan. Spill the beans. What's the code?

And how does this work? Presumably it's a price reduction that drops the price by the value of the VAT? If you're VAT registered you can still claim it back?

jossey - 15/11/11 at 09:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeCapon
Come on then Dan. Spill the beans. What's the code?

And how does this work? Presumably it's a price reduction that drops the price by the value of the VAT? If you're VAT registered you can still claim it back?

Mike.....
they cant actually reduce the Vat its illegal. they just knock off 20% basically.

And yes you claim the vat back on the 20% less price.

EG

100 + vat is £120 (vat is 20)
20% off is 100 INC VAT (which the vat is then £16.66)

vinny1275 - 15/11/11 at 10:00 AM

The codes are personal and can only be used once - same as the cards dropping on the doormat...

FASTdan - 15/11/11 at 10:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rachaeljf
Good for you! Not much good to the rest of us without the voucher code

I wont bother then next time! Purely posted as Im pretty sure with a bit of blagging/googling/checking the junk mail/ anyone can get a code.

They do these regularly and there's nothing exclusive about it, you just need to be on their system ie bought something in the past - therefore if you havent had a text or email I bet if you contact them and ask why not they'll send you one. Normally its only on specific days (I usually get a card through the letterbox telling me when). But this ones a week or so long.

Unfortunately the codes can only be used once and I want a hydraulic press

rachaeljf - 15/11/11 at 12:36 PM

Was hoping you would give me the code and I could have nipped in first!

I haven't had anything from Machine Mart for a while, must be out of favour

mrwibble - 16/11/11 at 12:27 PM

"Hi
The campaigns are by invitation only which have already been sent out.
To be eligible you need to have purchased from Machine Mart previously and your address/email details on our database.
Invitations cannot be requested. You could go as a guest with your friend however they will need to pay for any goods as the voucher code can only be used once.

Sorry for any disappointment.
Regards
Customer Service"

rachaeljf - 16/11/11 at 01:17 PM

It was in my spam trap. Happy days!

FASTdan - 18/11/11 at 07:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rachaeljf
It was in my spam trap. Happy days!

Ha, and there's you trying to get MY numbers!

Wibble, I assumed that whenever you purchase from MM they must take your details and therefore everyone must get one, but perhaps not.

Anyway, hopefully it prompted a few like rachael to check their junk mail etc

[Edited on 18/11/11 by FASTdan]