Board logo

Halfords industrial toolboxes
sdh2903 - 23/6/16 at 03:18 PM

Just a heads up for anyone looking for a new tool chest the halfords industrial top box and roll cab is on offer at present for less than half price. The kids and Mrs bought me one for father's day and am very happy with it, very good quality.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?storeId=10001&productId=1096747&srch=ind_chestcabinet&category Id=255214&langId=-1&cm_re=mobile+slides-_-slide+1-_-bundle299

nick205 - 23/6/16 at 03:26 PM

They look good to me. I bought a roll cab a couple of years ago and it made a big difference to tidiness in my garage. Nice place for the top box to sit as well.

bi22le - 23/6/16 at 04:20 PM

That is the cheapest i habe ever seen them.

Some thing for potential buyers to consider. I actually sacrificed the quality of the industrial boxes for the more convenient drawer size and layout of the professional boxes.

They are deeper on the lower roller cab and have nice little pen / drill / small tool drawers on the top box.

Also did everyone know that if you have the large pro tool sets you can remove the hinge pins and the seperate holders fit the drawers perfectly.

Good design again by Halfords

Bluemoon - 23/6/16 at 07:24 PM

Recommend the Pro ones also, industrial is better made but more shallow draws so depends on what you need... ~£150 on offer with top-box last christmass.

[Edited on 23/6/16 by Bluemoon]

Doctor Derek Doctors - 24/6/16 at 08:02 AM

I picked up the middle box a couple of weeks ago for £100 delivered to complete my stack. I have now had the roll cab for 10 years and the top chest for 8 years and they are both still tip top condition.
I'm particularly impressed with the drawer runners, the drawers in the top chest have been in and out dowzens of times to move the chest to go racing and they are still perfect.

sdh2903 - 24/6/16 at 08:21 AM

Am already on the hunt for a middle box to complete the set! Need to wait for another offer as I ain't paying 200 for one.

loggyboy - 24/6/16 at 09:29 AM

The £299 offer is fairly common to be honest. It comes up every few months.

trextr7monkey - 24/6/16 at 01:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
Am already on the hunt for a middle box to complete the set! Need to wait for another offer as I ain't paying 200 for one.

Price of middle box is out of all proportion - you would be as well to buy another full set and get loads more storage which is what I have done, Unless you are really tall it is awkward getting into top drawers with middle box fitted.

sdh2903 - 24/6/16 at 03:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by trextr7monkey
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903

Price of middle box is out of all proportion - you would be as well to buy another full set and get loads more storage which is what I have done, Unless you are really tall it is awkward getting into top drawers with middle box fitted.

You're right it's way out of proportion, however it routinely comes up at half price and I get a further 10% off with work so 90 quid I can live with. I'm 6ft4 so the extra height will be fine. I'm trying to tidy the garage up and consolidating into one toolbox, which I've just about managed but an extra 3 drawers would be welcome.

coozer - 25/6/16 at 06:30 PM

Can I use my trade card to get it cheaper? Been in the shop today and they are not cheap!

Take this is an online offer only???

sdh2903 - 25/6/16 at 06:36 PM

No. Trade card will not get any discount. I reserved mine online and collected an hour later.

coozer - 26/6/16 at 07:44 PM

I've bought it click and collect and don't have to pay until I pick it up. Going to see if they will take my trade card on it....

stevebubs - 27/6/16 at 11:43 AM

trade card price will probably be higher - previously I've been told you either get the trade discount or the retail discount.... when these offers are on, they're below the trade price.

If you do ask, however, I'd like to know the trade price for a middle box...

[Edited on 27/6/16 by stevebubs]

mcerd1 - 27/6/16 at 12:11 PM

^^ you can often combine these offers with the online flash sales / online discounts codes they e-mail you and still select the 'click and collect' option too

I got the full set of 3 pro boxes for £225 this way - not quite as nice as the industrial ones, but plenty good enough for me

I believe you don't normally get the trade card discount as well (still doesn't hurt to ask...)

as above these offers seem to come round in one form or another every few months, so if the above offer isn't exactly what you want then it could be worth waiting for the next one.... (of course there is no guarantee what will be on the next offer...)

]

[Edited on 27/6/2016 by mcerd1]

stevebubs - 30/6/16 at 03:04 PM

BTW the Middle Industrial box is now down to £100 for click and collect...

sdh2903 - 30/6/16 at 03:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stevebubs
BTW the Middle Industrial box is now down to £100 for click and collect...

Cheers for the heads up. Will pick one up next week.

coozer - 30/6/16 at 06:38 PM

Picked it up yterday and presented my trade card, with a smile the guy said no mate, not valid on web sales, you've already saved £404.99 on the rrp!

sdh2903 - 30/6/16 at 07:38 PM

You don't ask you don't get

trextr7monkey - 30/6/16 at 09:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Picked it up yterday and presented my trade card, with a smile the guy said no mate, not valid on web sales, you've already saved £404.99 on the rrp!

LOL. Done that too!
Just logged on to the Trade Section of site which I haven't been into previously and it looks like the special deals are effectively Trade prices to everyone and the range of products getting discount seems to have widened slightly to include polishes etc

nick205 - 1/7/16 at 08:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer

IMHO there's no harm in asking is there - you never know!

coozer - 1/7/16 at 07:10 PM

Correcto!!!

bodger - 2/7/16 at 06:56 AM

I've had one for nearly 10 years now. Lot's of abuse & no problems whatsoever. Great bit of kit

coozer - 2/7/16 at 09:07 PM

Been putting all my tools and the drawer's are crap, some locked, some dont, have to lift the lid to open some, some don't lock... And, they not deep enough....

Good job they were cheap!! Will be OK for me...

Bluemoon - 2/7/16 at 09:18 PM

Pro ones are deeper. Check you don't have a Friday box... Had to take my pro topbox back due to the locking mechanism welds were never made correctly , halfords exchange with out hassle..

coozer - 3/7/16 at 10:49 AM

Doh! You cant make it up....

https://www.aldi.co.uk/grey-black-metal-tool-cabinet/p/093380070443901

[Edited on 3/7/16 by coozer]