Board logo

Chuck your welders, get one of these!
johnjulie - 27/1/08 at 12:11 AM

www.welddownunder.com
Have a look at the videos.
Cheers John

Mr Whippy - 27/1/08 at 12:34 AM

looks good, pity it's on the otherside of the planet. I thought it might need special rods but no -

The DHC 2000 uses standard inexpensive TIG filler rods available at most welding outlets, or you can use a slither of the material being welded if feasible

A lot cheaper than a tig set

blakep82 - 27/1/08 at 12:37 AM

look real good! didn't read up much on it, is it some speacial oxy acetylene torch or something? i though i heard him mention oxy acetylene in the welding aluminium video

Mr Whippy - 27/1/08 at 12:45 AM

in essence it's a oxy torch but with a very small and gentle flame unlike the jet blast of a normal torch, it's also very accurately mixing the gas so no excess oxygen

crafty - 27/1/08 at 07:11 AM

I remember seeing one of these at a car show about 20 odd years ago. After the show (pre internet days) couldnt find where to buy one.

It is a great tool (not sure its a swap for a MIG/TIG)

It makes cuts in thin metal without distortion .
It slices through thick metal.

No slag.

907 - 27/1/08 at 08:56 AM

They rave about the Henrob torch on www.metalmeet.com

Apparently, in the USA, it's the only tool to gas weld with.

Paul G

[Edited on 29/1/08 by 907]

Peteff - 27/1/08 at 09:02 AM

It keeps cropping up every few months. According to tinman tech it's just an overweight gas torch and you are better of with a Meco Midget and a standard torch for half the price. You've still got to rent two bottles to use it.

[Edited on 27/1/08 by Peteff]

John Bonnett - 27/1/08 at 12:53 PM

quote According to tinman tech it's just an overweight gas torch

Yes that's what I heard from a chap in Canada. He says we have the best torch, the BOC Saffire Light. That's what I use and I am very satisfied with it.

I would ask 907s advice here but I suspect that what we are seeing is a fairly ordinary torch operated by a very talented welder.

John