Board logo

Mud Guards
JamesyCottony - 3/3/15 at 09:17 PM

SO, looking at attaching the mudguards but obviously the front ones need to be attached to the steering rack so they turn with the wheels, the problem is that there seems to be only one bolt available (top bolt of blue brake caliper). Would I be able to attach both supports to this to hold the mudflap on? can you guys see any other way?

Can the rears be attached to the bodywork? Obviously leaving enough room for suspension travel, or do they also need to be attached to the wheel side of the suspension?

Cheers

[Edited on 3/3/15 by JamesyCottony]

mark chandler - 3/3/15 at 10:18 PM

Attaching to the one bolt is going to lead to early failure, what's wrong with making a plate to catch off the drop link bolts and using the brake bolt to steady this?

JamesyCottony - 3/3/15 at 10:24 PM

Is the drop link the right side of the steering joint though?

Ben_Copeland - 4/3/15 at 07:35 AM

The whole hub moves as you turn the steering wheel. So anything bolted to the hub is going to move with it.

You most Kitcars the wing arms attach under the nut on the lower joint and somewhere need the caliper.

JamesyCottony - 4/3/15 at 05:41 PM

Are the back ones ok attached to the shell though? But leave enough room for travel or should they also be attached to the rear hub?

Badger_McLetcher - 4/3/15 at 05:56 PM

Usually people go for a different design on the rears, but if it covers the wheels (and has enough room for suspension travel) it should be OK. However to get the travel room I'd imagine they'd have to be spaced off a fair amount - I'd consider either mounting them to the upright or going for the larger pattern of rear arches.

JamesyCottony - 4/3/15 at 06:01 PM

What type of design on the rears? if you dont mind explaining?

Ben_Copeland - 4/3/15 at 06:09 PM

He talking about fixed rear wings like all the 7 varieties use.

But the bobcat runs four cycle wings. You should attach it to the hub similar to front

Badger_McLetcher - 4/3/15 at 08:37 PM

Ah, I do beg pardon, forgot this was a different kit. So yeah, mount them on the hubs

JamesyCottony - 4/3/15 at 09:51 PM

Thanks guys

JamesyCottony - 12/5/15 at 05:47 PM

first mount attached to caliper bolt:

Is this the steering arm bolt you guys were recommending?

[Edited on 12/5/15 by JamesyCottony]

CosKev3 - 12/5/15 at 06:14 PM

Ball joint mounting points most people use,track rod should be ok aslong as you've got enough threads for nylock nut to get a grip once bracket is under it?

What's the score with twin brake pipes into caliper?never seen that before

JamesyCottony - 12/5/15 at 09:45 PM

Might be tight with the track rod with a nylon, might have to shave some off the bracket :s.

Not sure about break lines, we're like that when I got the kit