Board logo

Licence plate holder
Lennart - 28/11/05 at 07:18 PM

I'ld like to have my licenceplate not directly at the rear of the boottop but more inwards. So I've got a licenceplate holder to fix inside the boottop.
But about the lights of the licenceplate, is it SVA proof to have them shining from under instead from above the licenceplate? Rescued attachment kentekenplaathouder.jpg
Rescued attachment kentekenplaathouder.jpg

omega 24 v6 - 28/11/05 at 07:56 PM

I think either or the other would be OK as long as you are not showing any visible white light directly to the rear of the vehicle.

stevebubs - 29/11/05 at 01:31 AM

don't TVH Chimeras (sp?) have a backlit numberplate?

NS Dev - 29/11/05 at 10:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lennart
I'ld like to have my licenceplate not directly at the rear of the boottop but more inwards. So I've got a licenceplate holder to fix inside the boottop.
But about the lights of the licenceplate, is it SVA proof to have them shining from under instead from above the licenceplate?

There are quite a large number of production cars that have numberplates lit from below so there should be no problem.

omega 24 v6 - 29/11/05 at 12:38 PM

Above, below, or at each side etc etc etc, as long as the clear part of the lense of the light is not showing white light to the rear. All IMHO after this mornings teabreak discussion.