Board logo

Matt aka Procomp
Fozzie - 21/7/10 at 10:29 PM

I have just had an email from Matts better half, to tell me that Matt has broken his feet, and will be out of action for a while ....

She wanted to post it on here, but as she wasn't a member, dropped me an email and asked me to.

I have no more detail at this moment, but if anyone is waiting a reply/work/owt else, they may have to wait a while longer.

I don't know at this point, if he is being kept in hospital or is at home....

I will update as soon as I hear anything, or if any of his friends know more, please keep us up to date on this thread......

Fozzie

l0rd - 21/7/10 at 10:32 PM

Let's all wish him well and a speedy recovery.

liam.mccaffrey - 21/7/10 at 10:33 PM

oh poo, get well soon mate

MikeR - 21/7/10 at 10:34 PM

damn, hope he gets up and about soon.

Fozzie - 21/7/10 at 10:52 PM

Just had another brief email from Matts better half.....

Apparently it happened this afternoon...

I am told that he jumped off 'something' (a fair height I believe)..

Docs say he has broken both heels .....

He is in a lot of pain (obviously), and will be out of action for quite a while ....

Fozzie

hobbsy - 21/7/10 at 11:13 PM

Get well soon Matt.

It could be worse, a mate of mine jumped off "something" and broke his back recently...

dhutch - 22/7/10 at 12:32 AM

Balls, not good indeed.

Never met the bloke to talk face to face but have talked on the phone quiet a bit he seems every bit a good bloke. As said, hope all heals (ouch, sorry) has fast as possible!

Daniel

Richard Quinn - 22/7/10 at 05:49 AM

Wishing Matt a speedy recovery (I knew he typed with his feet which is obviously why he can't post at the moment )

scootz - 22/7/10 at 06:09 AM

Ay Caramba... that's a sore one!

Agriv8 - 22/7/10 at 06:21 AM

Get well Soon Matt will have desigened a La Gold wheel chair by the end of the week ( Corrected Geomitry & rivites every 60 mm )

ATB Matt for a speedy recovery

Regards

Agriv8

[Edited on 22/7/10 by Agriv8]

lsdweb - 22/7/10 at 06:34 AM

Oh bu**er. I've never met Matt but he's been very helpful on here and on the phone.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Wyn

Steve Hignett - 22/7/10 at 06:57 AM

Best wishes dude...

I have a (permanentl?) chipped heel, just a tiny little chip and it hurt for a v long time, so I really hope yours is sorted asap!!!

Steve

mookaloid - 22/7/10 at 07:12 AM

Ouch that's a bad one

Get well soon Matt

iank - 22/7/10 at 07:37 AM

Sounds like the kind of thing where you 'know' it's going to hurt before you land. Hope he gets sorted quickly.

MK9R - 22/7/10 at 07:51 AM

ouch, get well soon matt!

TimC - 22/7/10 at 08:55 AM

Oh bugger - get well soon!

phelpsa - 22/7/10 at 09:07 AM

That sounds extremely painful

My dad and I wish you a speedy recovery Matt!

YQUSTA - 22/7/10 at 11:10 AM

Get well soon Matt

andy188 - 22/7/10 at 11:38 AM

Get well soon, hope to meet up one day soon. Andy

paublo999 - 22/7/10 at 01:41 PM

Get well soon m8

Johneturbo - 22/7/10 at 02:18 PM

Hope you get back on ya feet soon

GMPMotorsport - 22/7/10 at 02:40 PM

Get well soon mate.
Gary & Paul

Liam - 22/7/10 at 03:52 PM

Not enough jokes about broken feet in this thread !

...and...I can't think of any either

Oh well, get well soon then Matt!

scutter - 22/7/10 at 05:48 PM

Speedy recovery Matt.

ATB Dan.

David Jenkins - 22/7/10 at 05:56 PM

Ouch - you just KNOW that will hurt...

Best wishes for a swift recovery...

foes - 22/7/10 at 06:31 PM

Fractured heels (calaneal fractures) are very painful and can take a long time to heal, no weight bearing for 6 weeks minium

My mate fractured his right heel last week when we were out in the french alps on a mountainbike holiday.

Its nicknamed 'the lovers fracture'

From wikipedia;
Calcaneal fracture, also known as Lover's fracture and Don Juan fracture, is a fracture of the calcaneus. It is usually caused by a fall from height. The name lover's fracture is derived from the fact that a lover may jump from great heights while trying to escape from the lover's spouse.[1] Calcaneal fractures are often accompanied by compression fractures of spinal vertebrae

All the best and get better soon.

matt.c - 22/7/10 at 07:07 PM

Ouch. Keep taking those pain killers even through the night. I woke myself up through the night and took pain killers when i busted my ribs. Kept me topped up all day and night. Never did get rid of all the pain but it helped take the edge off.

Get well soon.

All the best.

Matt

Hellfire - 22/7/10 at 08:36 PM

Take it easy and get well soon Matt.

Team Hellfire

antonio - 22/7/10 at 08:40 PM

merde....bon retablissement matt
antonio

procomp - 23/7/10 at 11:53 PM

Hi.

Right who's got plans for a BEWC.
Thanks for all the comments and get well's Etc. They are all greatly appreciated. Don't think ill be doing too much work for a few weeks but fully intend to be doing some next week in-between all the swearing every time i knock one of my feet against something.

The pain killers are working well. Tramadol Hydrochloride. On Max dosage and have Hallucinogenic side effects. So there will be some good ideas by the end of next week for the new car.

Cheers Matt

Fozzie - 24/7/10 at 12:42 AM

oooOOooo are you home from hospital already?

Now Matt...are you going to tell us how/what really happened ???????? ...

Take it easy ..... don't try and do too much...
Fozzie

procomp - 24/7/10 at 01:52 AM

Hi

Jumped down a 5Ft drop. Yep i thought that wouldn't be a problem also. Result two fractured heels. !!!

Wheel chair for 1-2 weeks then try crutches and take it from there. Just glad to be home and back with loved ones and a supply of painkillers on hand. Try and get some dampers and work sorted next week. And there's a backlog of Westfields already. Pembrey next weekend is a no no and any racing / testing is on hold for 2 months min. Although i have already booked and payed for the WSCC Mallory track day so will see how i feel for then.

Cheers Matt

MikeR - 24/7/10 at 12:46 PM

eeek - only 5 feet!!!! Did you land on your heels or toes.

Perhaps now is the time to design some bits for us all on here or write down all your secrets and post them during a drug induced daze

(and i don't mean BEWC!)

Fozzie - 24/7/10 at 01:09 PM

5 Feet!

That's a very small roof !?! (FaceBook)...........

Fozzie .....

JoelP - 24/7/10 at 02:56 PM

5 foot is well unlucky, i jump off the roof of my van all the time. All the best for a quick recovery!

procomp - 24/7/10 at 08:09 PM

Hi

Yep poxy 5 Ft. Building is sunk or surrounding area is raised depending on how you look at it. Not sure how i landed but as it happened there was pain over the whole base of both feet so maybe rather flat footed. What did not help was me wearing a pair of those thin soled trainer shoes and landing on paving slabs. Have jumped from the same spot many times previously with no sign of a problem. Guess it just wasn't my day.

The pain killers are rather disappointing. Stop the pain alright but so far no weird side effects.
But by far the biggest problem is forgetting all about the problem once the pain has diminished with the pain killers. twice today i have tried standing up without realising.

Cheers Matt