Board logo

It's here :-)
TheGiantTribble - 26/2/12 at 03:27 PM

Firstly a big thanks to everyone who offered help and advice about collecting my kit.

It now here, arrrived friday 30 minutes early even :-)

Can you tell what it is yet???

Prety no not me the car

Practising Lemans style driver changes?

And of course the house is now filled with parts and Mrs Tribble is filled with desire...to hit me round the head with a frying pan

mookaloid - 26/2/12 at 04:11 PM

sweet

What's going under the lovely bodywork?

TheGiantTribble - 26/2/12 at 05:21 PM

Well it should be a BMC A series 1275 from a midget or Sprite
and the reality it will very probably be built like that to start with, besides Westfield get very twitchy if you ask about 'other' engines.
Long term I've a hankering for a Lotus Twin Cam Should just fit (sort of) and is kinda in keeping. Almost deffinetly will mean cutting a bit of a hole in the bonnet and making a Aluminium power buldge
Vroom Vroom

owelly - 26/2/12 at 05:47 PM

Tsk! You should have cut the grass before the bits of car came. Just another distraction...

Stuart_B - 26/2/12 at 05:49 PM

looking good will have to come and see that

mookaloid - 26/2/12 at 06:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheGiantTribble
Well it should be a BMC A series 1275 from a midget or Sprite
and the reality it will very probably be built like that to start with, besides Westfield get very twitchy if you ask about 'other' engines.
Long term I've a hankering for a Lotus Twin Cam Should just fit (sort of) and is kinda in keeping. Almost deffinetly will mean cutting a bit of a hole in the bonnet and making a Aluminium power buldge
Vroom Vroom

How about an Esprit Turbo engine?

eddie99 - 26/2/12 at 06:44 PM

Oooo i like that lots!!! I think you should be putting a more powerful motor under it though

scotty g - 26/2/12 at 07:50 PM

Two words dude.

MORE POWER!!!!!1

Andybarbet - 26/2/12 at 08:08 PM

Looks great

Cant wait to see the build pics of that as it cmes together.

cs3tcr - 26/2/12 at 08:44 PM

It needs one of these:

rdodger - 26/2/12 at 09:50 PM

Twin cam fits!

http://www.sbc100.com/Westfield/

iank - 27/2/12 at 09:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cs3tcr
It needs one of these:

Very nice, but not cheap unless you count using the Imp engine which is based on it.

TimC - 27/2/12 at 09:16 PM

Yep, like that - did try to get Westfield to sell me the basics.. nope. Still, happy with another jelly-mould.

TheGiantTribble - 27/2/12 at 09:52 PM

cs3tcr...yes that certainly looks the part and no there is noway the bank manageress is agreeing to one of them :-(

rdodger..thanks for that link, proves what I've been a thinking.

So the locost group believes more power is necassary...even if I mention BMC A 1275 tunned to 100 horses mean 200 gallopers per tonne that should be enough for anyone?
And before everyone screems at me, think about the skinny tyres it has to live with.

cs3tcr - 28/2/12 at 12:16 AM

I think the 1275 fits the car perfectly. They make more than enough power for the XI's and are relatively cheap. Sometimes i wish i had stuck with the 1275 rather than the Climax in mine. I spent slightly more than Lotus TC money on it, and i'm probably getting the HP of a 948 Morris Minor.

Good luck with the build, and i look forward to seeing more pics as you put it together.

~Rod