Board logo

Another OUCH thread
ChrisLeary - 16/5/12 at 05:40 PM

Evening all,

I hope you're all well? Quick story for you...

I was down the garage earlier, fitting the ali panels to the chassis, I was drilling some holes ready for rivets, when bang, the drill bit caught, snapped and then came the pain, a nice, neat 3.2mm hole through my thumb nail! I can honestly say I've never felt pain like it!

ATB,
Chris

daniel mason - 16/5/12 at 05:43 PM

wait till later! i put a 4mm hss bit into the side of my finger on friday. pain got worse as the day went on. now its just weeping puss all time. lovely!

[Edited on 16/5/12 by daniel mason]

Hellfire - 16/5/12 at 05:46 PM

Pictures please chaps, or it didn't happen...

Phil

maccmike - 16/5/12 at 05:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Pictures please chaps, or it didn't happen...

Phil

haha yes we need proof. I did exactly same few weeks back. Took ages to heal

perksy - 16/5/12 at 05:59 PM

I put an off cut of sheet metal straight through my finger once
Went to A & E and the doctor tried to yank off the glove i was wearing

I said "you might want to think again mate, that steel is all the way through my finger"

Also feel over and did this once
(4 broken teeth, Broken Nose, Stitches inside and out and an operation to remove Gravel in my face)

Too much Stella and the Law of Gravity....

ChrisLeary - 16/5/12 at 06:09 PM

Well it's much less drastic than your face Perksy, but I probably should show my injury too

People saying about the pain, it's throbbing like a beach already!

ATB,
Chris

ashg - 16/5/12 at 06:11 PM

aah wus. wait until you take a fingernail off with the angle grinder through a glove. that sharps a bit as you still have to get the glove off that has become one with your hand.

by far the worst one i have ever done was melt my hand and ginges arm with 104 C steam when a rad hose popped off. that hurt for about 3 months.

liam.mccaffrey - 16/5/12 at 06:15 PM

walked into a 18" valve spindle. very lucky not to damage my teeth. Couldn't believe the amount of blood!

[Edited on 16/5/12 by liam.mccaffrey]

ChrisLeary - 16/5/12 at 06:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ashg

by far the worst one i have ever done was melt my hand and ginges arm with 104 C steam when a rad hose popped off. that hurt for about 3 months.

That looks like it hurt rather alot! I know my hole isn't the worst accident in the world, but by heck, it still hurts!

ATB
Chris

Davey D - 16/5/12 at 06:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisLeary
Evening all,

I hope you're all well? Quick story for you...

I was down the garage earlier, fitting the ali panels to the chassis, I was drilling some holes ready for rivets, when bang, the drill bit caught, snapped and then came the pain, a nice, neat 3.2mm hole through my thumb nail! I can honestly say I've never felt pain like it!

ATB,
Chris

Bah, that's nothing... Last time I clobbered my finger with a hammer it started to swell up, and get very painful so I went into the garage to find a small still bit, I cleaned it in a flame, and then proceeded to drill my own nail to relieve the pressure

Wheels244 - 16/5/12 at 06:44 PM

Bah, that's nothing... Last time I clobbered my finger with a hammer it started to swell up, and get very painful so I went into the garage to find a small still bit, I cleaned it in a flame, and then proceeded to drill my own nail to relieve the pressure

The nurse at work did that to me when I was an apprentice many moons ago after I'd very successfully trapped my thumb - the smell ( and relief ) was incredible

Although she just heated a pin up until it was red hot and then pushed it through my nail.

johnwilders - 16/5/12 at 06:45 PM

Stick a pop rivet in it , that,l sort it

stevegough - 16/5/12 at 07:10 PM

here's one I prepared earlier..... from a safety campaign at work........ girl's hand + heavy duty shredder........

[Edited on 16/5/12 by stevegough]

Confused but excited. - 16/5/12 at 07:15 PM

fesycresy - 16/5/12 at 07:24 PM

So none of you ever stood on an up turned plug?

Pussies

austin man - 16/5/12 at 07:28 PM

Saw a six inch nail through a foot with the plank attached that was funny as hell for me watching, didn't like the guy much as I shouted look at the plank stuck on that piece of wood. (Karma's a bitch only an hour before I trapped all my fingers in a window frome nd he wouldn't help to release them)

bob tatt - 16/5/12 at 07:51 PM

I win about ten years ago I had a slight disagreement with a circular saw and my leg at work, 96 stitches both internal and external leg brace to stop me walking, five weeks sat on my arse then a year of physio with a sadistic Aussie who only wanted to see me in as much pain as possible.
Moral of story never get complacent with tools you use every day.
We retired the saw and blade still with little bits of my leg on it and it was still on display in the workshop when I left two years later.

locoboy - 16/5/12 at 07:54 PM

on my back under a trailer with a grinder with slitting disk that snagged, Had all the safety gear on bar the gloves :-(

hand
hand

A1 - 16/5/12 at 08:49 PM

i stubbed my toe the other day. hurt like a f*cker.

yellowcab - 16/5/12 at 10:00 PM

my two penneth... see that bonfire behind me...

got too close and my trousers set alight...

Looks like I had fire proof socks on lol

maccmike - 16/5/12 at 11:35 PM

some cracking injuries there.

jossey - 17/5/12 at 06:30 AM

Too early to look at this thread..... Gipp

Slater - 17/5/12 at 07:51 AM

An excavator fell in a river in the Amazon while carrying out work on a gas-line for Petrobras. The operator broke the glass to free himself but wounded his hand trying to escape, the blood attracted Piranhas.

Don't look if you are at all squemish....

bigger pics in my archive under "other projects", I advise you not to look though, makes me feel sick when i look at them, don't know why i posted either. Sorry.

[Edited on 17/5/12 by Slater]

welderman - 17/5/12 at 10:32 AM

they dont mess about those fish