Board logo

Goodwood FOS Friday
davidimurray - 6/7/13 at 02:20 PM

I've had a supplier invite myself and a colleague to an event at their works on Thursday followed By a trip to the festival of speed on friday :-)

Never been before so wondered what the must see things are? We are there from 9 until 6 so want to make the most of the day.

All advice and tips gratefully received.

theconrodkid - 6/7/13 at 03:00 PM

take a camera,comfy shoes (plenty of walking involved) , plenty of water and most of all,enjoy yourself

bi22le - 6/7/13 at 03:59 PM

Again, good walking shoes. Its on a hill and spread out. There is something for everyone and a lot to se. I went for 3 whole days and only just managed to see everthing!

Dont worry about stand tickets as you wont have the time. Make sure you get to the top to see the turn around and rally cars.
Enjoy. Its one of tge best things I have ever done and well worth it.

FazerBob - 6/7/13 at 07:16 PM

Prepare for the best day out you've ever had. It's awesome. I first went about 6 years ago, and I've been back every year since. I now go for the full 4 days, just to give me time to get round. Enjoy, but remember the advice on shoes! you'll be covering a good few miles.

MikeR - 6/7/13 at 07:35 PM

id have said get there for 7am when it opens. I loved going sounds the pits looking at the metal and listening to it being fired up.

James - 6/7/13 at 09:11 PM

I'm hopefully going Friday too.

Its Mclaren's 50th anniversary and I know they've spent a fortune on their display this year. Loads of classic famous Mclarens (CanAm, MP4/4, James Hunt's etc. etc.) so definately make sure you see that.

Traffic in pretty horrendous so be there early!

Cheers,
James

JC - 6/7/13 at 09:38 PM

I will hopefully be there on the 'work' stand at some point over the 4 days - been trying to go for nigh on 20 years and this will be my first time too!

rpm - 7/7/13 at 02:09 PM

It's a great day out, if you're there when the star drivers do their demo runs try to stand by the gate way on the track just after the first righthand bend, that's where they do the donuts and burnouts, total nutters!

smitht82 - 8/7/13 at 08:20 AM

Will be my first time too. I'm quite lucky as my mates Dad run's the event and is the driver of the safety car that he borrows from Bernie. Managed to squeeze in to the Marshall area next to the Start line on Sunday so will try and get lots of pictures :-)

Simon - 8/7/13 at 07:07 PM

As you're getting in for nowt on a corporate bung, you'll enjoy it. As said, loads to see and do. Trade stands everywhere walk around all the pits, get up to the rally bit etc.

What gets my goat is the corporate folk who tend to be there for the shampers and f all else (I bumped into some twats I used to work with and they asked where the track was - they were standing on it!!). All the hospitality suites get in the way and the cost of everything is obscene (like 8 quid for a burger!!!)

'tis good, but I don't go anymore cos basically, I think it's a rip off

ATB

Simon

davidimurray - 8/7/13 at 08:59 PM

Thanks for the tips everyone, can't wait for Friday to come :-)

steve m - 8/7/13 at 08:59 PM

If i ever go again, i will take a

step ladder!

las time i saw, NOTHING