Board logo

Anyone camped at Spa Francorchamps?
david_hornet27 - 12/8/13 at 08:11 PM

Hi All,

Of to Spa for the F1 next week with bronze weekend tickets and have booked a pitch for my tent in the 'Green Area' at the circuit.

I have googled and found mixed reviews of the camp site and wondered if anyone on here has stayed there and what they thought? Found loads of moaning about showers, toilets etc...

Any other info will be gratefully received, where to view the race, anywhere local to find food/beer, anything useful really.

Thanks in advance!

Volvorsport - 12/8/13 at 08:37 PM

The dutch are really noisy.... doubt youll get any sleep. Security is a priority , nick ur stuff while asleep, pissed up.

We stayed in holiday inn hasselt and drove in , lovely!!!

david_hornet27 - 12/8/13 at 08:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Volvorsport
The dutch are really noisy.... doubt youll get any sleep. Security is a priority , nick ur stuff while asleep, pissed up.

We stayed in holiday inn hasselt and drove in , lovely!!!

Is that from first hand experience? I'm guessing not if you were staying at the Holiday Inn...

Edited to say just looked Hasselt up and that is a 110 mile round trip each day, bit far for me and I am committed to the camp site now anyway.

[Edited on 12/8/13 by david_hornet27]

omega 24 v6 - 12/8/13 at 09:20 PM

Camping sites everywhere there is a green space even in the villages.
We stayed in hostellerie du veiux hetre in Jalhay where its owner Robert was a michellin star chef. Foos was great but no choice. He cooked it you ate it and believe me it was amazing and totally changed my wifes view on eating out.
Not cheap but the best xmass present ever.
If the weather is wet the camp sites can be boggy.

ETA you will love it. A most magical place if you are into your motorsport.

[Edited on 12/8/13 by omega 24 v6]

dangerousbrian - 13/8/13 at 12:19 PM

I'll be there on sunday, although not camping. I leave on sunday

david_hornet27 - 13/8/13 at 12:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dangerousbrian
I'll be there on sunday, although not camping. I leave on sunday

Hope you have a great time!