Board logo

Striker wanted
philtur - 11/10/20 at 02:31 PM

Hi all, I am looking for a Striker. I have looked in the usual places, Ebay, Pistonheads, etc. But I can't find anything suitable at the moment.
There are a couple on Ebay at the moment, both supercharged, both over 200bhp which I feel may be too much.
There was a nice 4age car on Pistonheads, Blue with Caterham 6 speed box, now sold sadly.
Anybody know of any cars for sale? IRS with 4age, fullscreen & weather gear would be perfect. Other cars will be considered.

Phil

stripe - 13/10/20 at 10:49 AM

Hi,

my car is currently for sale, but not advertised anymore untill the spring.

its a live axle striker with a 4age, aeroscreen rather than full screen, but thats an easy swap if required!

heres the link to the expired ebay listing...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203123107526

get in touch if you want more info...

James (07528766662)

philtur - 13/10/20 at 11:39 AM

Hi James, I saw your car when it was on Ebay, it looks great. I did however discount it as I thought the cage would stop the fitting of a roof. I plan on using it for weekends away so would like the option of a roof.
How does the live axle compare to the IRS?
Cheers,
Phil

stripe - 13/10/20 at 12:06 PM

i dont know if you can still get a soft top from RAW, so if you were getting roof custom made im shure they could work around the cage....

i cant say how it compares to the IRS version, as it will depend on how the IRS has been set up! - and i've not driven an IRS version as i originally wanted the live axle!