Board logo

GBS Zero - MX5 based Chassis
cjwood23 - 6/9/12 at 01:21 PM

Didn't manage to make it to Donington over the weekend due to travelling back from holiday on Saturday and family commitments on the Sunday; so apologies to all those that already know.

Have just seen that GBS have launched an MX5 based version of the Zero.
Nothing on the website just yet - be interesting to see if its the same cost as the Sierra based version.

Looking forward to getting a bit more info on this version - have been told that it'll take either MK1, 2 or 2.5 parts.
Price will be confirmed later this week too.

Their blog entry is ***HERE***

femster87 - 6/9/12 at 01:30 PM

Yeah it's a cracking bit of kit. Should make building a zero much more cheaper than the Zetec option, if you source an mx-5 with a decent enough engine.

Alfa145 - 6/9/12 at 01:59 PM

From talking to them its going to be a bit more than the standard one, but no numbers as yet.

Also I wasn't a huge fan of the diff mounting but still being in development the mounting may change.

cjwood23 - 6/9/12 at 02:03 PM

Cheers for the info.
Can't make the open day either as I'm away on my Stag weekend!

Hoping there's enough room to be able to squeeze a super charger in there too!.
The eaton from the mini seems to work quite well reading some of the MX5 and MEV forums.

BigLee - 6/9/12 at 05:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cjwood23
Cheers for the info.
Can't make the open day either as I'm away on my Stag weekend!

Hoping there's enough room to be able to squeeze a super charger in there too!.
The eaton from the mini seems to work quite well reading some of the MX5 and MEV forums.

Got an M45 from a mini fitted to my MX5. It is awesome!! Wouldn't be easy to fit in the nose of a 7 though.