Board logo

are we doomed?
02GF74 - 15/4/10 at 12:33 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8621407.stm

Agriv8 - 15/4/10 at 12:38 PM

I am reasnobally sure the mail will be telling you that we are tomorow.

[Edited on 15/4/10 by Agriv8]

Bluemoon - 15/4/10 at 12:39 PM

no...

tegwin - 15/4/10 at 12:41 PM

This sort of thing happens from time to time..

the volcanic dust in the atmosphere will make sunsets much more pronounced and red...

Slater - 15/4/10 at 12:44 PM

There is a strong sulphur "stink bomb" type smell in Inverurie, Aberdeenshire.

Break out the gas masks.

coozer - 15/4/10 at 12:47 PM

Yes we are doomed, Brown the clown has bringing it on for years now...

TAKE COVER!

02GF74 - 15/4/10 at 12:50 PM

... it's quite exciting though, your own tiny piece of Iceland to keep and treasure.

scootz - 15/4/10 at 12:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Slater
There is a strong sulphur "stink bomb" type smell in Inverurie, Aberdeenshire.

Break out the gas masks.

Don't worry... that's just the aroma from Kemnay

tegwin - 15/4/10 at 01:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
... it's quite exciting though, your own tiny piece of Iceland to keep and treasure.

I think you will find that Iceland is worth bugger all at the moment... so best not hoover up to much dust eh

Davegtst - 15/4/10 at 01:19 PM

Hope it's gone by Sunday. Meant to be flying out on holiday from Gatwick.

TimC - 15/4/10 at 01:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8

"Cod wars rage on as Icelandic asylum seekers send DEATH CLOUD to wipe out UK population so they can steal your home."

iank - 15/4/10 at 01:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TimC
quote:

"Cod wars rage on as Icelandic asylum seekers send DEATH CLOUD to wipe out UK population so they can steal your home."

You missed the mandatory 'on benefits' after asylum seekers.

Agriv8 - 15/4/10 at 01:42 PM

so we have

Cod wars rage on as Icelandic asylum seekers on benefits send DEATH CLOUD to wipe out UK population so they can steal your home

we havent got the gay and tax ange in yest so

Cod wars rage on as Icelandic asylum seekers on benefits, send DEATH CLOUD directed to affect pensioners. To wipe out UK population or turn them gay, so they can steal your home after Increasing VAT and National Insurance. A Mail Exclusive

lewis - 15/4/10 at 02:22 PM

Woohoo! Just been stood down from work at gatwick for today/tonight! :-)

TimC - 15/4/10 at 02:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lewis
Woohoo! Just been stood down from work at gatwick for today/tonight! :-)

"Every cloud........."

Thank you. I'm here all week

coozer - 15/4/10 at 02:37 PM

As I mentioned before we may well be DOOMED!

wilkingj - 15/4/10 at 03:04 PM

It all depends on how long the eruptions last, and which way the wind blows.

As for the Airports cancelling flights... I know thay our Se7en's Fly... but not that high to be affected by the Ash.

Its all happened before several thousand years ago it was enough to kill off the plants and the people all left the area (Northern Scotland), but that was several thousand years ago.
Its all happened before, and is going to happen again. Its the World doing its thing.

Man is an insignificant drop in the ocean compared to Mother Nature. We think we are so clever, and can control nature... Well Man has still to learn just how insignificant we all are in the overall scale / plot!

Yup... we ARE all DOOMED
(Its just a question of how long before our time on Planet Earth is up, Mankind is going to screw it up for everyone... and all down to GREED)

Agriv8 - 15/4/10 at 03:51 PM

Oh no just realised wont this also be realeasing tons and tons of C0'2 whe are all doomed doomed doomed

GMPMotorsport - 15/4/10 at 03:52 PM

Stuck in Ireland as all flights are cancelled until further notice, looks like trying to get the ferry back and a 6 hour drive, joy!!

clairetoo - 15/4/10 at 04:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74

But I've allready got some pies and chips in the freezer.......

I'll get me coat

Peteff - 15/4/10 at 04:20 PM

Nice one Claire, we nearly went to Iceland but I'd spent up in Aldi

Agriv8 - 15/4/10 at 04:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GMPMotorsport
Stuck in Ireland as all flights are cancelled until further notice, looks like trying to get the ferry back and a 6 hour drive, joy!!

can you bring our director back too ( on secod thoughts !!!!! )

blakep82 - 15/4/10 at 05:45 PM

quote:
Oh no just realised wont this also be realeasing tons and tons of C0'2 whe are all doomed doomed doomed

yep, probably more CO2 then any human activity ever has. good times. we'll be in the tropic region of britain soon!

iank - 15/4/10 at 06:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
quote:

yep, probably more CO2 then any human activity ever has. good times. we'll be in the tropic region of britain soon!

Volcanoes contribute about 110 million tons of carbon dioxide per year on average. while man's activities contribute about 10 billion tons per year. So probably not.

edspurrier - 15/4/10 at 06:20 PM

You may experience breathing difficulty....
...if over 10000 feet tall.

blakep82 - 15/4/10 at 10:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by iank
quote:
quote:

Volcanoes contribute about 110 million tons of carbon dioxide per year on average. while man's activities contribute about 10 billion tons per year. So probably not.

i think they say that 1 single volcanoe erruption gives out more co2 than people EVER have don't they? i have no idea how many volcanos go off each year :L

iank - 15/4/10 at 11:13 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by iank
quote:
quote:

i think they say that 1 single volcanoe erruption gives out more co2 than people EVER have don't they? i have no idea how many volcanos go off each year :L

Who says that? A bloke down the pub?
Sounds like the kind of 'fact' that gets repeated because it sounds good/plays to the prejudices of the audience rather than having to suffer any kind of practical analysis.

All the estimates I've seen show human CO2 generation is 100-150x that of volcano's per year.

02GF74 - 16/4/10 at 06:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by edspurrier
You may experience breathing difficulty....
...if over 10000 feet tall.

If anyone listen's to Geoff Lloyd, he was saying the dust clod is 6 miles up so why don't the airplanes fly lower, as longer as they clear the London eye, evertyhing will be fine.