Board logo

Courier, man with a small van.
designer - 13/7/10 at 06:58 PM

I have a sculpture weighing 36 kilos to collect from Hambrook (West Sussex) and take to Trull (Taunton).

What way do any of you experts recommend?

Jon Ison - 13/7/10 at 07:06 PM

Honestly ?

If you value it move it yourself.

blakep82 - 13/7/10 at 07:09 PM

hire a van. if its 35kg, it doesn't sound too big, so a vauxhall astra van would do it. and you'll take more care of it than men with ven will

spiderman01980 - 13/7/10 at 07:16 PM

try this company called fortech pallets! put it on a pallet and strap it well!

jossey - 13/7/10 at 07:20 PM

parcels2go have a pallet section. cant remember name but im sure someone will.

try that

jossey - 13/7/10 at 07:20 PM

parcels2go have a pallet section. cant remember name but im sure someone will.

try that

designer - 13/7/10 at 07:30 PM

Thanks guys.

Have now decided to collect on way from Dover to Trull.

suparuss - 13/7/10 at 09:19 PM

sounds like you youve got it sorted but for future reference i used this website- www.shiply.co.uk to send some custom furniture i made recently.
you basically list your item you want to move, where from and where to and couriers bid to get the job! they have feedback ratings so it is a bit like a reverse ebay.
good place to get quotes for car transportation as well as general couriering. i had basically a full long wheel base van load of furniture weighing about 400kg taken from south yorks to london for £170 which i think is a bargain.

PSpirine - 13/7/10 at 09:23 PM

+1 for shiply.com

You have to be careful, i.e. make sure to have a chat with whoever submits their bid for your journey.

But I got an absolute bargain when I needed a car trailering (40 miles from coventry to cotswolds, 35 quid), and the chap was absolutely top-notch - I will be calling him direct next time I need something moving.

Don't think I'd trust a sculpture to a man with a van given the way they drive!