Board logo

Magazines
jacko - 21/11/11 at 05:58 PM

Hi all every month i get PPC [ very good ] but i would like to try / read other car related type magazines what would you lot sagest

I like old cars as well as new / modified ones
Jacko

richardR1 - 21/11/11 at 06:09 PM

Retro Cars is excellent, i get that and PPC every month without fail

[Edited on 21/11/11 by richardR1]

Worzey - 21/11/11 at 06:10 PM

I'm subscribed to Evo which I think is always a very good read.

Mainly focused on newish sports cars (hot hatches, sports saloons, supercars) so none of you're boring shopping carts. Photography is always excellent and sometimes does nice retro reviews and buyers guides as well.

I've been subscribed since Issue 1 and now have about 160 in my collection.

PAUL FISHER - 21/11/11 at 06:22 PM

I don't buy many car magazines any more, but I always find classic and sportscars a good read.

http://www.classicandsportscar.com/

Andy D - 21/11/11 at 06:37 PM

Trackdriver is a good un.. and it's FREE!

HowardB - 21/11/11 at 06:48 PM

as above ^ Trackdriver is free, but why read a magazine when all the worlds knowledge is here on the forum

liam.mccaffrey - 21/11/11 at 07:15 PM

i do ppc, and sub to race car engineering which i can honestly say is one of the best reads going. A lot of very interesting articles.

I also sub to model engineers workshop which is good but i am waiting to appear on Have I got news for you as a guest publication

pewe - 21/11/11 at 07:46 PM

Second the "Classic and Sportscar" recommendation but I also sometimes buy "Classic Car"
Just whilst I'm on (and apologies for hi-jacking the post) does any-one have a copy of PPC #44 MX5 article they don't want or could scan for me please?
Cheers, Pewe

phelpsa - 21/11/11 at 08:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by liam.mccaffrey
i do ppc, and sub to race car engineering which i can honestly say is one of the best reads going. A lot of very interesting articles.

I also sub to model engineers workshop which is good but i am waiting to appear on Have I got news for you as a guest publication

Race Car engineering for me. Articles by some of the most respected auto engineers in the industry. Some articles can be very in depth but usually written in a style that makes them understandable by all.

ashg - 21/11/11 at 09:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by phelpsa
quote:
Originally posted by liam.mccaffrey

Race Car engineering for me. Articles by some of the most respected auto engineers in the industry. Some articles can be very in depth but usually written in a style that makes them understandable by all.

i like race car engineering as it usually has the math to support what they are saying rather than just someone churning out regurgitated hearsay.

Mr C - 21/11/11 at 10:19 PM

I picked up an old copy of race car engineering, for the first time last Saturday. One of the best reads in a long time, certainly looking to get it on a regular basis.