Board logo

so who's all stuck at work today and tomorrow ?
mcerd1 - 4/6/12 at 12:09 PM

some of us don't seem to get any of these extra holidays

MakeEverything - 4/6/12 at 12:10 PM

No but my ECU mapping plans this weekend have gone tits up.

Volvorsport - 4/6/12 at 12:16 PM

not me , but i could have done with double time and 2 days in lieu...........

Kev99 - 4/6/12 at 12:24 PM

No but Broke the Indys Starter motor in a spin at RAF Wittering sat so cant get out in it

Didnt get clutch in time to stop it spinning backwards

Link to spin

The bits that came out of the starter motor

[url=http://www.youtube.com[url=

serieslandy - 4/6/12 at 12:34 PM

I'm at work today, could do with the break even though I've just had 3 weeks off

Minicooper - 4/6/12 at 12:37 PM

Kev what a mess, has the damage been completely contained, ie inside the starter and not the engine? Is this a problem in particular with the 4C8 R1, I've seen this a few times on that particular motor, but I'm not aware other bike engines do this whilst spinning

David

Kev99 - 4/6/12 at 12:45 PM

Yup its just the starter motor.

I think its common to bike engines if u don't get the clutch in before the car starts going backwards which I didn't.

I think they are always in gauged unlike car starters

So not to bad I took starter off there and emptied the bits out so it ran freely then I could drive it home after getting a bump start

Kev.........

If I'm wrong someone will be along soon to say so lol

big_wasa - 4/6/12 at 01:17 PM

Ive done five hours this morning. They wont pay double and a day in lue but double is better than nout. Would have gone to watch the stock car racing if the weather was better but I cant be arsed with a wife and kids moaning there cold

coozer - 4/6/12 at 01:31 PM

Not me, managed to wrangle it so my 45 hour rest period was today and tomorrow

Sitting watching the telly, flicking between the Royal docs and the D Day docs...

owelly - 4/6/12 at 01:53 PM

I'm sat in my control room surrounded by every flu remedy the shop would sell me, coughing like a braying donkey, trying not to be sick, even though I havn't eaten anything since last Monday. I'm freezing cold yet dripping in sweat. But I came int to work as it was better than having SWIMBO and the kids doing whatever they could to annoy me....

fullpint - 4/6/12 at 02:08 PM

I may pop in tomorrow.. Thats the only down-side of having your own business No one pays me for bank holidays so I should pop in just for a few hours

MikeCapon - 4/6/12 at 02:15 PM

Busy at work over here building shocks I'm happy to say...

Jon Ison - 4/6/12 at 02:18 PM

Stuck on the beach in turkey, luckily free wifi by beach bar, just about copeing.

morcus - 4/6/12 at 02:44 PM

I've got to work and I won't be getting any extra pay or days in lieu. And I'll have to do more work.

mcerd1 - 4/6/12 at 02:53 PM

^^ no extra pay or days in lieu here either

but also next to no work to do (customers are all on holiday) so I'm just borred out of my mind watching a perfect sunny day get wasted

Wadders - 4/6/12 at 03:25 PM

Sodding decorating.......and i work for myself, so not getting paid to do it either

perksy - 4/6/12 at 03:43 PM

Off today but back in tomorrow

Tomorrow is a normal day in the NHS...

jossey - 4/6/12 at 03:58 PM

Kev99

Ouchhhhhhh

Volvorsport - 4/6/12 at 05:21 PM

well depending on your contract , public bank holidays should be given back to you , as its an official holiday .....

but if its in your contract to work em , your stuffed.

Lurch88 - 4/6/12 at 06:05 PM

worked Saturday ,Sunday, Bank Holiday Monday and tomorrow
all so you lucky people can eat Ambrosia creamed rice !!
Extra pay and two days in lieu.
Roll on my days off

JoelP - 4/6/12 at 06:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by owelly
I'm sat in my control room surrounded by every flu remedy the shop would sell me, coughing like a braying donkey, trying not to be sick, even though I havn't eaten anything since last Monday. I'm freezing cold yet dripping in sweat. But I came int to work as it was better than having SWIMBO and the kids doing whatever they could to annoy me....

I was like that wednesday, only lasted a day, but turned into foot and mouth! The magic of having kids...

Wish i was working to be honest, ive missed out on 150 cash today to sit around at a street party... bored silly.

Alan B - 4/6/12 at 07:08 PM

Yep...stuck at work here too...then again I guess we wouldn't be off anyway....oh well