Board logo

Red Arrows petition
Browser - 22/9/07 at 06:38 PM

Apparrently there are those in our government who don't want the Red Arrows to fly displays at the 2012 Olympics as they are 'too millitaristic' and 'might offend other attending nations'. If, like me, you think this is utter cobblers and would like to help reverse this bo**ocks decision, please sign this petition.
Ta

speedyxjs - 22/9/07 at 06:49 PM

Done

Hellfire - 22/9/07 at 06:49 PM

Signed...

Steve

ELO - 22/9/07 at 06:53 PM

What!!
Anyone heard about this?
The powers that be aren't that dumb are they!
Surely the press would have a field day if this is true?
ed

andy o - 22/9/07 at 06:57 PM

done

Kev99 - 22/9/07 at 07:00 PM

Signed...

James - 22/9/07 at 07:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ELO
What!!
Anyone heard about this?
The powers that be aren't that dumb are they!
Surely the press would have a field day if this is true?
ed

I've heard about it from a mate so not from a 'Primary Source' as such!

Paul TigerB6 - 22/9/07 at 07:09 PM

FFS!! Why doesnt it surprise me though??? Plenty of time yet for the Political Correctness Brigade to try and ban the competitive nature of the Olympics yet mind - could be construed as discriminatory to fat people you know!!! The British team might end up made up of a "broad cross section of the community to reflect the ethnic and social diversity of Great Britain" so as to ensure that the minority groups feel that the Olympics belong to them too!!! Never mind all these sports academies - get the PC brigade to pick the team. Then again we'd still win just as many medals!!!

I am amazed actually that they are still called the Red Arrows - just in case they somehow manage to offend the Indians..... sorry..... Native American People...what with having the word "Red" and "Arrows" in their name.

I love speed :-P - 22/9/07 at 07:17 PM

Click Me

milson - 22/9/07 at 07:33 PM

signed

blakep82 - 22/9/07 at 07:37 PM

had the red arrows up here on thursday when the QE2 made its last visit to the Clyde. cracking display!

i wonder how much it costs to hire them?

x_flow57 - 22/9/07 at 07:45 PM

Signed

Nosbod - 22/9/07 at 07:53 PM

Signed

myeates - 22/9/07 at 08:03 PM

cat believe they can actually do that but anyway signed

andyw7de - 22/9/07 at 09:24 PM

Signed

Chippy - 22/9/07 at 11:00 PM

Done!

RK - 23/9/07 at 02:56 AM

Keep in mind they exist only as a promotional/recruiting tool. If the government doesn't think it's going to attract smart young men and women to the forces by having them fly by at the Olympics, then they find a reason not to. It costs a fortune, and they want to blow big bucks lining some developer's pocket instead. Same thing's happening in Vancouver, site of the 2010 Winters.

JoelP - 23/9/07 at 03:31 AM

olympics is a joke, what a waste of money.

Gezza - 23/9/07 at 06:12 AM

Signed

foskid - 23/9/07 at 07:49 AM

signed

theconrodkid - 23/9/07 at 08:32 AM

FFS!! Why doesnt it surprise me though??? Plenty of time yet for the Political Correctness Brigade to try and ban the competitive nature of the Olympics yet mind - could be construed as discriminatory to fat people you know!!! The British team might end up made up of a "broad cross section of the community to reflect the ethnic and social diversity of Great Britain" so as to ensure that the minority groups feel that the Olympics belong to them too!!! Never mind all these sports academies - get the PC brigade to pick the team. Then again we'd still win just as many medals!!!

I am amazed actually that they are still called the Red Arrows - just in case they somehow manage to offend the Indians..... sorry..... Native American People...what with having the word "Red" and "Arrows" in their name.

paul,i think you hit the nail firmly on the head with that one

snapper - 23/9/07 at 08:51 AM

How about the Battle of Britain Memorial flight just as the Germans take to the starting blocks

Myke 2463 - 23/9/07 at 10:47 AM

Done 4,371 sigs when i signed.

mookaloid - 23/9/07 at 11:04 AM

madteg - 23/9/07 at 12:13 PM

DONE

RK - 23/9/07 at 12:40 PM

"Olympics = discrimination against fat people". That's gold!

ps. wouldn't wash; have you not seen curling at the winter games?

joneh - 23/9/07 at 02:42 PM

clicky

Please read above article as posted by I love speed :-P.

Its all a rumour

ricklawn - 23/9/07 at 04:38 PM

done..

macspeedy - 23/9/07 at 05:01 PM

Baws to that, signed

millemg - 23/9/07 at 05:15 PM

What worries me here is the fact that people will actually sign ANYTHING without even reading things first.!!

....several people on here have told you all it's a hoax, but you still sign it anyway ???

Amazed ....and scared......

Anybody can create a petition on that website, try this :

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/catflap/

And this is a must :

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/dancingfools/

[Edited on 23/9/07 by millemg]

Paul TigerB6 - 23/9/07 at 07:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by millemg
What worries me here is the fact that people will actually sign ANYTHING without even reading things first.!!

....several people on here have told you all it's a hoax, but you still sign it anyway ???

Who believes anything the papers say anyway?? Frankly I believe that these petitions are a great big PR excercise by the government - and are totally ignored. What difference will signing make even if it isnt true??

I'm sure there will be some PC idiot out there who will now be trying to ban the Red Arrows anyway - now the idea is put in their simple mind. Call this a pre-emptive strike if you like.

[Edited on 23/9/07 by Paul TigerB6]

millemg - 23/9/07 at 08:24 PM

Well said, that man