Board logo

Smallbore rifle clubs in London?
james h - 12/2/08 at 12:44 AM

I am currently shooting once a week with uni, but I am looking to become a member of a club in London (I used to shoot twice a week back home) and I enjoy it so much!

So, does anyone know off the top of their heads any clubs in London?
I didn't get many hits on google, don't think they are particularly advertised tbh!

blakep82 - 12/2/08 at 12:47 AM

hang around wood green for a while. or hackney.

ChrisW - 12/2/08 at 01:04 AM

Couple of my mates go shooting in Amersham, which is just outside West London. Don't know the first thing about it, apart from they have rifles.

If it's not too far out I can have a word for you?

Chris

theconrodkid - 12/2/08 at 06:17 AM

one in harrow,other than that as posted above,any street corner if you fancy pistol

chrsgrain - 12/2/08 at 08:58 AM

Stock exchange rifle club is in the centre of the city, then there are several around the edge - best place to start might be the Secretary of University of London Rifle Club (which was me about 10 years ago!) they will have all the contacts - understandably not many clubs advertise their locations!

Actually Stock exchange and ULRC both have web sites - good places to start...

Chris

[Edited on 12/2/08 by chrsgrain]

Pants On Fire - 12/2/08 at 12:00 PM

Marylebone Rifle & Pistol Club, near Moorgate Tube Station.

Also try the NSRA at Bisley, they'll point you in the right direction, 2 clicks left, 1 click down.

[Edited on 12/2/08 by Pants On Fire]

djtom - 12/2/08 at 01:06 PM

NSRA Club Finder

Should have all NSRA affiliated clubs listed:-)

james h - 12/2/08 at 02:53 PM

Thanks for all your help - that nrsa thing will be very useful, i will definitely have a good look at all those clubs.

Thanks,

James

bob - 12/2/08 at 08:28 PM

u2u marcyboy he will know where

marcyboy - 13/2/08 at 03:16 PM

well...you need to be a bit clearer on location rather than just London,
are you looking at smallbore only or did you want to branch out into Fullbore and shotgun?.