Board logo

X-Flow Big Wing Sump
matto_89 - 19/9/11 at 08:51 AM

Morning all, just wondering if anyone knows how much shallower these sumps are vs. standard 1600 ones? Trying to work out how much of a difference it'd make to my ground clearance issues!

Thanks!

lsdweb - 19/9/11 at 10:05 AM

I didn't think they were any shallower!

I could be wrong though!

Wyn

matto_89 - 19/9/11 at 10:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lsdweb
I didn't think they were any shallower!

I could be wrong though!

Wyn

Bugger, perhaps I've misunderstood - I thought they were shallower, and made up for the lost capacity with the wings!

lsdweb - 19/9/11 at 10:58 AM

I thought they were bigger to give greater capacity and reduce starvation.

dave-69isit - 19/9/11 at 02:04 PM

ask dave ashurst he has a big wing sunp on his car

AndyGT - 19/9/11 at 02:30 PM

Can you not cut and shunt a sump of your own to match you specifications? As long as you bolt down the sump to an old block during the welding phase, then there shouldn't be anyproblems excluding the quality of welding. Parafin in the sump is good at detecting dodgy welds... ...when you've finished welding of course!!!

matto_89 - 20/9/11 at 10:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by AndyGT
Can you not cut and shunt a sump of your own to match you specifications? As long as you bolt down the sump to an old block during the welding phase, then there shouldn't be anyproblems excluding the quality of welding. Parafin in the sump is good at detecting dodgy welds... ...when you've finished welding of course!!!

Yeah I had thought of that, but I'm not convinced in my ability to weld it oil-tight! In addition, surely I'd be best off putting wings on the sump to compensate for the lost capacity?