Board logo

Speedo drive on a Type 9
Arnie - 11/10/04 at 09:02 PM

Really looking for reassurance.

I plan to replace the mechanical speedo with an electronic one. As a result I need to remove the mechanical drive from the gearbox (Type 9). Am I correct in assuming you remove the blanking plate on the opposit side from the drive then push it through, then replace both sides with a blanking plates. I assume when you push the drive through nothing should fall out.Or is there somthing else. Thanks.

Regards,

Arnie.

paulf - 11/10/04 at 09:15 PM

Why remove it at all if you are planning on blanking off both sides , I assume you are using a propshaft sensor?. If so just disconnect the cable and leave the drive in as it wont leak.
Paul.

quote:
Originally posted by Arnie
Really looking for reassurance.

I plan to replace the mechanical speedo with an electronic one. As a result I need to remove the mechanical drive from the gearbox (Type 9). Am I correct in assuming you remove the blanking plate on the opposit side from the drive then push it through, then replace both sides with a blanking plates. I assume when you push the drive through nothing should fall out.Or is there somthing else. Thanks.

Regards,

Arnie.

Arnie - 12/10/04 at 08:55 PM

Thanks Paul. I just assumed that I would need to cover up the hole. Your suggestion is much easier.

Thanks,

Arnie.