Board logo

Turbo boost control
Simon - 30/3/08 at 01:09 AM

Chaps,

If all goes well tomorrow and I can get Deimos running, I need to think seriously about how much boost I run, as I'll need to map to that.

Now, I like to think 1 bar is feasible, but reckon the standard Audi S4 turbos only boost to 7psi.

What's your suggestions for cheapest way of getting boost up

Cheers

ATB

Simon

RazMan - 30/3/08 at 05:42 AM

1 Bar is probably fairly safe on a standard engine. The cheapest way is to use a bleed valve but the best way is to use a progressive boost controller - either way you will need a boost gauge to check that everything is stable - I happen to have a bleed valve somewhere if you want to try it.

[Edited on 30-3-08 by RazMan]

Johnmor - 30/3/08 at 09:49 AM

My itegrale runs at around .6-.9 with a 1.2 over boost if that helps.
Thats standard from the factory.

froggy - 30/3/08 at 09:57 AM

what is the cr? how is it intercooled

stevec - 30/3/08 at 09:59 AM

I used one of These Beware of cheap imitations though.
Steve.

NS Dev - 30/3/08 at 10:03 AM

If you are running Emerald injection then use the emerald to control the boost via a bleed valve like the amal valve off a sierra cossie or the saab APC valve etc.

Use the ecu to map the boost, good ness me I never understand the idea of manual boost "controllers" when there's an ecu there waiting to do the job!

Volvorsport - 30/3/08 at 12:30 PM

because using bleed or amal valves which are constantly modulating before you reach the set boost level (on cheap ecus) allows the wastegate to open before its preset .

an inline pressure relief valve while giving a spike will not open before its set level . i used to selll some CNC machined alloy units before the EBAY fever took over .