Board logo

Pics of pinto plumming with no heater.....
scoop - 15/8/08 at 09:33 AM

please.
As per my previous probs with my plumbing has anyone got a pic of their pinto plumming with no heater?

vindicator - 15/8/08 at 09:47 AM

check out my build log as it has a lot of pics. It you want a close up of something, let me know and I'll take one tonight went I get back home and post it for you.

regards

TimR
//timr.spaces.live.com

bilbo - 15/8/08 at 10:24 AM

Here's an old pic of a Robin Hood I had. You can see the output from the manifold goes through the carb's autochoke, then, where it would have gone through the heater, it simply loops round back to the pump.
HTH Rescued attachment 10-20.JPG
Rescued attachment 10-20.JPG

scoop - 15/8/08 at 02:36 PM

Blimey. Both look much more complicated than mine. Cheer chaps.
Any more?

flak monkey - 15/8/08 at 02:46 PM

Its straight forward if you have side draughts with the heater port blocked off. More complex if you dont.

Simple one:
Water pump to bottom rad
Thermostat to top rad
Small pipe on water pump to expansion tank
Small pipe on stat to breather on expansion tank and rad.
Blank off heater take off on inlet manifold, you dont need it.

Thats all there is too it

mat.price - 15/8/08 at 03:57 PM

dose this help at all?

britishtrident - 16/8/08 at 09:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mat.price
dose this help at all?

That is pretty well the ideal way to do it either with an air blending heater (as Ford used) or without a heater.

In an air blending heater the heater matrix has a constant flow of hot water.

If the heater has a water valve to control the heat (as on older 1960s cars like the BL Mini) --- then you would also should have a by-pass joint (like an "H" or "Z" piece ) bridging the heater flow and return pipes.

-----------------

[Edited on 16/8/08 by britishtrident]

scoop - 16/8/08 at 06:27 PM

Flak Monkey, the only differences to my set up from your proposal is that i dont have anything going to the top of the Polo rad'. Im running bike carbs so nothing going to them.
Mat, the tank is between the rad and the front of the engine. Someone else ive asked today suggests that i have too much serge into the tank because of its position and the length of the pipes, or lack it as the case may be.