Board logo

Le mans 24hr 2018
matty h - 24/11/17 at 08:32 PM

My mate and I are planning a trip to let mans 24hr in 2018 in our kit cars hoping to go from hull. Is anyone else planning on going next year.
Matty

snapper - 24/11/17 at 09:01 PM

Edd Berresford organises one every year, I went in 2016 with him and it was great.

jossey - 25/11/17 at 07:54 PM

Yes I'm planning on going next year with a few people.

matty h - 25/11/17 at 10:31 PM

You got a plan yet, are you planning to go from hull. I have a Westfield my mate has a mac#1 are you guy going in kit cars.
Matty

ChrisW - 26/11/17 at 11:10 AM

My 10th year on the trot. Will be on Houx as usual with our usual crew of retrobates.

jossey - 26/11/17 at 11:16 AM

Probably meeting friends in donny. And yes I the kits but with one in a tintop with empty trailer. Just incase.

matty h - 26/11/17 at 07:15 PM

Jossey pm sent.

yogibear1969 - 28/11/17 at 09:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by snapper
Edd Berresford organises one every year, I went in 2016 with him and it was great.

HI,
Edward Berresford here, you are welcome to join our little trip, I will be leaving from North Yorjkshire on the wednesday morning, just ask for more details and I'll outline a rough plan.
Edd

matty h - 28/11/17 at 01:46 PM

Yes please pm me details unless you are happy to post up.
Matty

yogibear1969 - 28/11/17 at 07:51 PM

HI,
Ok, rough plans of the annual JPSC Le Mans trip:-
Travelling down from Yorkshire on Wednesday, I have 2 ferry options, but can of course support any crossing you like.
Preferred option is Newhaven-Dieppe: Leaving Newhaven about half 11 weds night, arriving Dieppe about 4 then driving through the countryside arriving at camp about lunchtime. Thsi ferry crossing has become expensive since DFDS took it over a few years and they havn't released prices for June 2018 yet. So, the last few years some of us gone option 2:-
Dover-Calais leaving dover about 3 or 4. Arriving in Calais then a 90 minute blast down to Nuefchatel for dinner and overnight camp, then up earlyish for the countryside drive to camp, arriving mid afternoon..after a nice lunch en-route.
Campsite: We camp at Spay campsite, which is a municipal campsite about 5 minutes from Arnage village, we have stayed here for many years and it is quiet and very popular now. We camp with a large dutch contingent who really do look after us.
Head to circuit for final qualifying
Friday/Sat/Sun is usual stuff!
Head back to port on Monday and home!
Costs including Ferry/Camping/Car Parks/Race ticket (Gen. Entrance) is usualy between 3-350 per car based on 2 per car. Obviously final costs depend on ferry options.
If you are interested in Join the JPSC trip then drop me an email edwardDOTberresfordATgmailDOTcom
Edd
JPSC Chair.

matty h - 28/11/17 at 07:59 PM

Interested but was looking to go from Hull as only live the other side of the Humber, any reason you do not go from Hull.
Will send you an e mail.
Matty

[Edited on 28/11/17 by matty h]

Hopley89 - 28/11/17 at 11:50 PM

that sounds like a very good trip i will speak to my mate and ask him if he is up for it (gts panther) and me in
a bec powered mk, but i think that sort of trip in my mk been a bike engine wouldn’t be the most comfy!!
but i am considering it.

chrisbmxr - 6/4/18 at 08:38 AM

I'm heading to Le Mans again this year in this (RV is not mine - BMW is)

Was seriously thinking of taking the Indy Blade but I might leave it till I know it a bit better (only had it since Feb) or even stick it in the garage at the back of the RV!