Board logo

PASA slow steady drive out ;) Tuesday 26th July
FFTS - 22/7/11 at 05:18 PM

Looks like good weather so another attempt at last weeks failed effort due to bad weather. Trough/Forest Bowland up to Settle for the chippy and an indirect rout back to Macidees happy meals and hot chocolate. All welcome Usually leave wherever we meet for around 6.30pm.

ROLE CALL....

1) Me
2)?
3)?

AdrianH - 22/7/11 at 06:25 PM

ROLE CALL....

1) Me
2) AdrianH (Pager duty this week but until called I'm there.)
3)?

[Edited on 22-7-11 by AdrianH]

adithorp - 22/7/11 at 08:02 PM

ROLE CALL....

1) Me
3) Adithorp

FFTS - 22/7/11 at 08:22 PM

ROLE CALL....

1) FFTS (Me)
3) Adithorp
4) Joe (Welderman)
5) Tom (Tommy P)

keith777 - 22/7/11 at 09:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FFTS
ROLE CALL....

1) FFTS (Me)
3) Adithorp
4) Joe (Welderman)
5) Tom (Tommy P)
6)Keith (driving miss daisy)

[Edited on 22/7/11 by keith777]

stevegough - 22/7/11 at 09:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by keith777
quote:
ROLL CALL....

1) FFTS (Me)
3) Adithorp
4) Joe (Welderman)
5) Tom (Tommy P)
6) Keith (driving miss daisy)
7) Steve

Steve Hignett - 22/7/11 at 10:11 PM

Do you think I could be someone's passenger? Pretty please?

D Beddows - 23/7/11 at 12:47 AM

1) FFTS (Me)
3) Adithorp
4) Joe (Welderman)
5) Tom (Tommy P)
7) Steve
8) Dave (D Beddows) - I WILL make it this time! lol

Steve - you're welcome to join me in a 'we've just had a child and don't earn nearly enough any more since the world went wrong to support them AND a 'fun' car' type team On the plus side I have a heater AND a stereogram.......on the minus side.....well we'll get there in the end

[Edited on 23/7/11 by D Beddows]

Steve Hignett - 23/7/11 at 01:44 AM

Am I closer to you than Joe?

(CW10 0DX)

PS - We've just had a child AND I've been made unemployed, so don't belittle your MX5! I wish I had one!!!

stevegough - 23/7/11 at 06:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
stereogram......

[Edited on 23/7/11 by D Beddows]

Its a long time since anyone's used that word!

[Edited on 23/7/11 by stevegough]

adithorp - 23/7/11 at 07:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hignett
Do you think I could be someone's passenger? Pretty please?

You'd be welcome to join me but we might feel the bump stops a few times... I might abandon you in the back of beyond if the G word comes up again.

Don't think I'd have time to get over and pick you up though.

welderman - 23/7/11 at 08:49 AM

I've just see this and I see I'm already coming. Well that's strange. Not even been asked. Some one has just assumed !

cerbera - 23/7/11 at 08:49 AM

1) FFTS (Me)
3) Adithorp
4) Joe (Welderman)
5) Tom (Tommy P)
7) Steve
9) Nick :-)

BigLee - 23/7/11 at 09:30 AM

I so want to be there now my car is legal, but wifey works some tuesday nights, and as sods law would have it, thats this tuesday!! Steve - you could've joined me with pleasure. Next time chaps......

welderman - 23/7/11 at 09:37 AM

Would gave been good Lee. Congrats on the car passing it's IVA. I knew it would looking at your build. Surprise Chris missed you off the list

adithorp - 23/7/11 at 10:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by welderman
I've just see this and I see I'm already coming. Well that's strange. Not even been asked. Some one has just arseumed !

Which arse would that be then Joe?

[Edited on 23/7/11 by adithorp]

cerbera - 23/7/11 at 10:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
quote:
I've just see this and I see I'm already coming. Well that's strange. Not even been asked. Some one has just arseumed !

Probably the one that thinks he makes good coffee.

D Beddows - 23/7/11 at 10:27 AM

quote:

Am I closer to you than Joe?

Slightly - WN4 9SG

quote:

Its a long time since anyone's used that word!

and I suspect 'radiogram' was the word I was actually looking for - they're marvelous for 'rocking it old school' in a James May stylee (but a little heavy )

Tommy P - 23/7/11 at 02:34 PM

I might go somewhere else - anyone fancy being a splitter

PS Interesting drive out last night Joe - I particularily enjoyed you spin in the middle of Manchester city centre

[Edited on 23/7/11 by Tommy P]

adithorp - 23/7/11 at 05:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy P

PS Interesting drive out last night Joe - I particularily enjoyed you spin in the middle of Manchester city centre

[Edited on 23/7/11 by Tommy P]

You can't leave it at that. What happened?

FFTS - 23/7/11 at 05:45 PM

quote:
I've just see this and I see I'm already coming. Well that's strange. Not even been asked. Some one has just assumed !

Qoute TommyP - I might go somewhere else - anyone fancy being a splitter

Well when you think your doing a couple of mates a favour hey seen as they are regular PASA members hahah

Ah well no problem Joe.. If it's a huge upset for you then consider yourself un-assumed

1) FFTS (Me)
3) Adithorp
4) Space available
5) Tom (Tommy P) (Maybe available ..)
7) Steve
9) Nick :-)

FFTS - 23/7/11 at 05:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
quote:

Tut tut Adi.. you really shouldn't change what someone said and edit their quotes .. you naughty boy

Tommy P - 23/7/11 at 06:22 PM

Traffic lights - left turn - wet - plenty of bus oil etc and viola a cheeky 3/4 doughnut on semi slicks.

stevegough - 23/7/11 at 08:41 PM

Now let me see..... country roads up to Settle (nice steady drive out he said....45 mph max...)

Or Manchester city centre.......

Hmm, Decisions, decisions.....

On balance, I think I'll go with the country roads........no contest!

welderman - 24/7/11 at 01:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by stevegough
Now let me see..... country roads up to Settle (nice steady drive out he said....45 mph max...)

Or Manchester city centre.......

Hmm, Decisions, decisions.....

On balance, I think I'll go with the country roads........no contest!

That was last night. We went over woodhead fir a dive out. It rainedand looked brighter over Manchester way. It was a bit but still very wet. But it's all good fun lol. Come join the rebels mate. It's better on the dark side

stevegough - 25/7/11 at 07:35 AM

Still going ahead, despite a couple of 'rebels' ??? Everyone else seems to have gone quiet?

D Beddows - 25/7/11 at 07:44 AM

I've got to survey some sh*thole flats in Birmingham on Tuesday afternoon so I'm not quite sure what time I'll be home but I'm hoping to make one of them!

FFTS - 25/7/11 at 08:47 AM

Who knows the roads best over the trough and wants to lead?

I guess meet up at the Marriott hotel off the M55 Preston/Garstang roundabout on the A6

P.S. I only typed numbers 1 to 9 for people to fill in who coming but it's not limited to 9 and anyone is welcome.

baldeagle - 25/7/11 at 09:09 AM

Im still in the process of looking at what kits to buy, would have loved to have joined you, even as a passenger but i workshifts.

Would have thought the person who organised the run out would know the roads though !.

FFTS - 25/7/11 at 09:19 AM

Maybe next time. As for knowing the roads each time weve been I just concentrate on the the back end of the car in front.. haha never seen the scenery

Tommy P - 25/7/11 at 10:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by baldeagle

Would have thought the person who organised the run out would know the roads though !.

I agree - so you got some planning to do, or use yer satnav

FFTS - 25/7/11 at 10:47 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by baldeagle

I agree - so you got some planning to do, or use yer satnav

Satnav ??? Looks like we'll be going through no entry bollards and housing estates again then Tom so as you have the most experience with that you can lead haha

Tommy P - 25/7/11 at 11:18 AM

for that exact reason I WON'T be leading - instead I'll meet you at Settle chippy. ha ha

welderman - 25/7/11 at 11:26 AM

Ye Chris I think you should lead the way. Get the old map out

cerbera - 25/7/11 at 11:31 AM

Sorry guys but I'm going to have to bail on this one.
My car is a bit poorly at the mo, I think the lambda sensor is goosed and the result is that she's running very lean
Bit of a bugger as it's looking like it should be a great evening weather wise.

On a side note, anyone have any dealings with The Speed Factory in Chorley, good or bad?

AdrianH - 25/7/11 at 01:18 PM

I should be carrying a passenger, Phil, normally has a roadster with a 3litre Alfa V6 but undergoing engine works at the moment.

Keeping fingers crossed weather stays dry and work does not intrude.

Adrian

[Edited on 25-7-11 by AdrianH]

Hurdsey - 25/7/11 at 02:19 PM

Are you guys aware, the Lancs (some from Blackpool area) Yorks and Manchester WSCC boys are meeting in Skipton on the same night?

welderman - 25/7/11 at 02:31 PM

Ye but they just talk cars and have a drink, we like to go for a long run out and eat food lol.

johny p - 25/7/11 at 02:49 PM

i should be out.. and joe you dont know the meaning of a slow steady drive out ha

Hurdsey - 25/7/11 at 06:10 PM

quote:
Ye but they just talk cars and have a drink, we like to go for a long run out and eat food lol.

Well it's an 85 mile round trip for me over some very nice roads
Plus the chance to meet some old friends, and maybe some new ones.
Then kick some tyres, sniff some petrol, and maybe try a pint.
Maybe I'm getting old, but it souinds like a good night to me

welderman - 25/7/11 at 07:17 PM

Chris where are you heading. I'm getting asked so people can judge times to tell wives what time they will be home etc. Oh and they want to know what route your doing so they can meet up.

u2u me details so I can pass them on

[Edited on 25/7/11 by welderman]

MkII - 25/7/11 at 07:28 PM

yea I could do with knowing what time you plan to get to settle as I fancy a chippy tea myself. also need to know if Im meeting up with the slow crew,the fast crew or the crew who is going to manc. .m.

welderman - 25/7/11 at 07:37 PM

B good to catch up mark

Come on Chris

MkII - 25/7/11 at 07:41 PM

do you know any good chippys in manchester, joe

welderman - 25/7/11 at 07:44 PM

Manchester was Friday lol. Were waiting of Chris to tell us where were going. Will the chippy be open in settle ?

MkII - 25/7/11 at 07:57 PM

just rung settle chippy,no answer. I'll ring them tomorow and text you what time they shut, would think they'l be open till at least 8. even the slow ones should be there by then. .m.

welderman - 25/7/11 at 08:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MkII
just rung settle chippy,no answer. I'll ring them tomorow and text you what time they shut, would think they'l be open till at least 8. even the slow ones should be there by then. .m.

Ohhh fish and chips. I can't wait

Otherwise ask your mrs if she fancies cooking for us all if we pay for tea lol

FFTS - 25/7/11 at 09:44 PM

Been out for a curry and just got back to 7,000,000 posts. I think this thing keeps me logged in full time. I'm hoping to be able to put a google maps route into my sat nav to be able to follow it live. At the risk of being found out by the rozzers as I cant explain it here is a link of what I'm trying to do ROUTE

If we leave the hotel at 6.30 we should make settle for 7.30pm.

HOWEVER.. I've been out to Southport in Sylvia and for a curry and she wasn't happy and kept missing and even cut out a couple of times at lights with trouble restarting so tomorrow I need to look at her and find the problem otherwise she won't make it to the local chippy never mind settle .

So Joe, I may see you tomorrow or Tom, you can come and fiddle around with me hahah to rectify things and make me happy again

stevegough - 25/7/11 at 09:47 PM

Suggested route -
Preston Marriot hotel,
North up A6 to forton,
East through the Trough,
then on to Settle.

Mappy Routey Linky For Chrissy

stevegough - 25/7/11 at 09:59 PM

quote:
Been out for a curry and just got back to 7,000,000 posts. I think this thing keeps me logged in full time. I'm hoping to be able to put a google maps route into my sat nav to be able to follow it live. At the risk of being found out by the rozzers as I cant explain it here is a link of what I'm trying to do ROUTE

If we leave the hotel at 6.30 we should make settle for 7.30pm.

HOWEVER.. I've been out to Southport in Sylvia and for a curry and she wasn't happy and kept missing and even cut out a couple of times at lights with trouble restarting so tomorrow I need to look at her and find the problem otherwise she won't make it to the local chippy never mind settle .

So Joe, I may see you tomorrow or Tom, you can come and fiddle around with me hahah to rectify things and make me happy again

Just posted a route only to find you've beaten me to it by 3 minutes, Chris - however, your route doesn't do the actual Trough road....having said that, your car doesn't sound like she wants to go anyway...or has Joe or Tom sabotaged it - they did declare WAR the other day, AND they both have very war-mongering avatars.....

welderman - 25/7/11 at 10:02 PM

Prob a little late to text johnny. But will text him in morning. Looks like a late one tomorrow.

Good route that

FFTS - 25/7/11 at 10:15 PM

Thanks Steve, I'm just trying to readjust it to include your route through the trough. I'm going to see if I can plan it on tom tom website and then load it onto the satnav.

I shall try my best to sort her as I'm gutted when I miss a blat out. Driving fast alone just isn't the same fun as having a string of cars keeping up with each other.

Peace to all men heheh

adithorp - 26/7/11 at 09:37 AM

I've got the route as an itinary for tom-tom. If anybody wants it u2u me your e-mail address. It needs TYRE (trace your route everywhere) program to read it, but I'll send the link to the free download as well. TYRE can also converted it to a POI file (later tom-toms don't have itinaries) instead of ITN.

FFTS - 26/7/11 at 09:52 AM

Thanks Aidi, I'll have it at .... 575621 art geemail dort cum

Updated my Tom Tom home software and now the laptop doesn't recognise the tom tom when i plug in the usb lead.. just nothing

welderman - 26/7/11 at 10:04 AM

i will be at Charnock services approx 6.10pm, meeting up with JohnnyP if anyone wants to strat from there.

FFTS - 26/7/11 at 10:27 AM

Just as a back up seen as I now have to fix my motor AND my TomTom it may be worth anyone else who has a TomTom getting the itinary map and software off Aidi as a back up!

FFTS - 26/7/11 at 10:34 AM

quote:
i will be at Charnock services approx 6.10pm, meeting up with JohnnyP if anyone wants to strat from there.

Maybe worth mentioning you can only get on Charnock services from the Northbound carriageway of the M6 as the service entrance from the southbound is open but there's barriers on the Northbound side preventing access from the A roads.

adithorp - 26/7/11 at 11:06 AM

Sent, Chris. I'll have it as well on TomTom (if I find my USB cable).

edit... My passenger seat is empty if you don't get it fixed, chris.

[Edited on 26/7/11 by adithorp]

welderman - 26/7/11 at 11:19 AM

quote:
quote:

Maybe worth mentioning you can only get on Charnock services from the Northbound carriageway of the M6 as the service entrance from the southbound is open but there's barriers on the Northbound side preventing access from the A roads.

Thanks Chris as you tried to do it lol last time, i will be going via M6 junct 27 after fuel stop

AdrianH - 26/7/11 at 11:56 AM

If meeting at the Marriot Hotel 18:30, is that in the hotel carpark or on the road?

Adrian

FFTS - 26/7/11 at 01:24 PM

Hotel car park

scootz - 26/7/11 at 03:23 PM

It'll be where all the funny little cars are parked and where the testosterone smells the strongest!

welderman - 26/7/11 at 03:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
It'll be where all the funny little cars are parked and where the testosterone smells the strongest!

Are you driving around in the V8 yet fella

welderman - 26/7/11 at 03:43 PM

quote:
I've got to survey some sh*thole flats in Birmingham on Tuesday afternoon so I'm not quite sure what time I'll be home but I'm hoping to make one of them!

Dave you coming ?

welderman - 26/7/11 at 03:43 PM

quote:
quote:
ROLE CALL....

1) FFTS (Me)
3) Adithorp
4) Joe (Welderman)
5) Tom (Tommy P)
6)Keith (driving miss daisy)

Keith you coming

scootz - 26/7/11 at 03:43 PM

Not yet Joe... just waiting for the new exhaust-box to arrive.

welderman - 26/7/11 at 04:14 PM

quote:
Not yet Joe... just waiting for the new exhaust-box to arrive.

Not long now then

welderman - 26/7/11 at 04:27 PM

Johnny just text to say it's raining in St Helen. So he's not coming

Will still get to Charnock services for 6.10 though if any one else wants to meet

AdrianH - 26/7/11 at 04:35 PM

Clear'ish skies Blackburn area. Sun out.

Getting car out of garage, will be at Hotel.

Adrian with passenger.

keith777 - 26/7/11 at 09:01 PM

just got in from work-i'm bloody jelous what a night for a drive.one good thing tho you havn't been hanging round waiting for me to catch up !
cheers Keith

Tommy P - 26/7/11 at 10:23 PM

I'm Back

AdrianH - 26/7/11 at 10:26 PM

I’m Back too

Bloody good run, only a mere 125 miles, eyes blood shot but there you go!

Adrian

[Edited on 26-7-11 by AdrianH]

welderman - 26/7/11 at 10:30 PM

I'm back

FFTS - 26/7/11 at 10:34 PM

I'm back Dave Just got in at 11.25pm.

Well ..... Highlights of a thoroughly good drive out were ........

1) Tom's new visor got chipped
2) Dave overheated and had to retire just with the best bits of the trough ahead
3) I killed a rabbit (Sorry rabbit family)
4) Aidy hit a rabbit and showered me on his tail with minced flesh
5) Did I mention Tom chipped his new visor?
5a) Aidy wearing a full headset and mike so he could hear his Satnav and answer his mobile
6) A bloody chip barm and a brew cost £5.30 in settle.
7) We started a new arrow breaking club but for now we only have one member.
8) Roads that have been scraped for resurfacing leaving MacDonalds in Clitheroe have a tendency to make you face the wrong way several times in succession if you drive to fast on them
9) Oh and Toms visor on his new helmet got chipped
10)
11)
12)
?
?

Feel free to add more.

Thanks to all those who made it a great night out and certainly one to be remembered

adithorp - 26/7/11 at 11:14 PM

Got back at 11pm with 195miles on the clock. Great nights driving. The only rabit I saw was the one Chris topped... he nearly got 3 phesants as well.

stevegough - 26/7/11 at 11:16 PM

I got in a bit before you, just after 11.

Some personal highlights of a bloody fantastic drive out....(by my standards)

1) heavily clonked my sump on a nigh-on invisible speed bump at the Marriot hotel, but still intact, phew!
2) nearly heavily clonked my car during a dodgy overtaking manouvre just after leaving the A6....I blamed my shades!
3) chippy wasn't bad - puddin' chips n'gravy and a coffee £5.80.
4) car behaved impeccably - didn't miss a beat - fantastic!
5) slightly damaged my car on the way back just before garstang turnoff M6 - Huge chunk of debris (think it was a wagon wheelarch) in lane 2 - saw it a split second before I hit it - shot up into the air over my car - got it in the garage at home - broken front no.plate - well - it was too big anyway!

You're a great bunch of guys, maybe one or two of yous a bit nuts, but.....

Look forward to doing another trip very soon.

Oh, just one more thing - the weather behaved, too. Shame about the wabbits and the poorly MX5 (Dave Beddows?- did you get back OK and find out the problem?)

stevegough - 27/7/11 at 07:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by AdrianH
I’m Back too

Bloody good run, only a mere 125 miles, eyes blood shot but there you go!

Adrian

[Edited on 26-7-11 by AdrianH]

I noticed the bloodshot eyes in the chippy - both you and phil. What you need is a windscreen!

D Beddows - 27/7/11 at 08:01 AM

I got home about 11 too......... but on the back of a recovery truck about half a mile after I turned back the electricity decided to make a break for freedom as well as the water so turning the heater on was a no no, it was ok on the A6 for some reason but as soon as I got to the motorway it just got stupid hot again. Made it as far as the Tickled Trout and decided it wasn't worth frying my head gasket so I watched the sun set over the BP petrol station while I waited for the RAC - big shout out to my new friend Abdul from the petrol station btw!

Ironic really because I've been giving people grief on here for years about having cr*p cooling systems - ah well every ride out needs a 'Top Gear' comedy breakdown moment.....

Anyway I was having a great time till then and as soon as I get a chance to fix it I'll be back out with you all again!

stevegough - 27/7/11 at 08:20 AM

quote:
I got home about 11 too......... but on the back of a recovery truck about half a mile after I turned back the electricity decided to make a break for freedom as well as the water so turning the heater on was a no no, it was ok on the A6 for some reason but as soon as I got to the motorway it just got stupid hot again. Made it as far as the Tickled Trout and decided it wasn't worth frying my head gasket so I watched the sun set over the BP petrol station while I waited for the RAC - big shout out to my new friend Abdul from the petrol station btw!

Ironic really because I've been giving people grief on here for years about having cr*p cooling systems - ah well every ride out needs a 'Top Gear' comedy breakdown moment.....

Anyway I was having a great time till then and as soon as I get a chance to fix it I'll be back out with you all again!

Sounds like you also had a pretty good evening out, then Dave? Still, as I said before, it'll make a good donor car Anyway, You can see your car (and the back of your head with its built - in reflector ) just in shot in the first photo - leaving the Marriot.

D Beddows - 27/7/11 at 08:27 AM

quote:

(and the back of your head with its built - in reflector )

lol cheeky b'stard it's all for aerodynamics, the streamlining gains me 2 seconds a lap round Sainsburys

welderman - 27/7/11 at 08:38 AM

quote:

Not good, do you have an idea what the problem was.

You missed a good run there Dave, next time eh

D Beddows - 27/7/11 at 08:46 AM

Nope, will have to do some taking apart before I find out I think - RAC man didn't have a clue either (in fact I seemed to have more of a clue than the RAC man but at least they got me home!). Don't know what happened to the alternator either, was fine until the overheating incident. Ah well - maybe not next time but definitely the time after

Tommy P - 27/7/11 at 10:18 AM

A cracking and incident packed nights drive.

I have now forgiven Joe for chipping my BRAND NEW and expensive helmet and filling my car with a bag of stones

Don't try this at home! - I did'nt see Chris spin out and reverse up a grassy knoll as he came off that roundabout, because I was engulfed in a cloud of dust (kicked up by Chris and Joe in front). Breaking at high speed on a newly chipped road after exiting a corner, to avoid running into the back of Joe, when all you can see are a pair of break lights glowing (and getting closer) is pretty hairy.

Great photos Steve - Keep your eye out for the crossroad signs
Glad to hear you eventually got home Dave
As Joe said, It wasgood to see some old and new faces (Chris was looking particularily old after his spin and Rabbit spatterd face)

All in all

Did I mention my chipped helmet? I'm just off to get my spade out to empty the cockpit!

TimC - 27/7/11 at 10:41 AM

quote:
Nope, will have to do some taking apart before I find out I think - RAC man didn't have a clue either (in fact I seemed to have more of a clue than the RAC man but at least they got me home!). Don't know what happened to the alternator either, was fine until the overheating incident. Ah well - maybe not next time but definitely the time after

Can't recall how the MX-5 engine hangs together but no cooling and no electrics would certainly (or a good chance) be the auxiliary belt on. say, a X-Flow.

Been there, bought the tights!

[Edited on 27/7/11 by TimC]

FFTS - 27/7/11 at 11:25 AM

Oh Sh*t.. I'm in trouble now

Toms helmet

Toms next helmet

My helmet after aidi's rabbit strike

Joes present to Tom

For Steve

For me

Sorry you couldn't stay for the whole night Dave

Aidi adds the rest of his new driving gear to his headset

D Beddows - 27/7/11 at 11:26 AM

quote:

Can't recall how the MX-5 engine hangs together but no cooling and no electrics would certainly (or a good chance) be the auxiliary belt on. say, a X-Flow. Been there, bought the tights!

Yeah it's a prime suspect as the waterpump and alternator are turned by the same belt - but that belt is still there and turning and water is going round the engine - if a little erratically........ it's one of the 1st things I'll look at tho when I get a minute

[Edited on 27/7/11 by D Beddows]

Tommy P - 27/7/11 at 12:32 PM

Chris - You've got too much time on your hands

FFTS - 27/7/11 at 12:43 PM

quote:
Chris - You've got too much time on your hands

I know it's great isn't it hahah

adithorp - 27/7/11 at 03:58 PM

Dave what were the overheating symptoms? Was it actually overheating (sorry I was up the road at the time in one of those unreliable BECs) or just the gauge reading high. An overcharging alternator could do that and then die.

D Beddows - 27/7/11 at 06:12 PM

Turns out the overheating was due to a blocked radiator core ..... and in a completely unrelated double dose of sh*tty luck a mile or so after turning round the alternator belt went AWOL - and both I and the RAC man completely failed to spot it.... ho hum, at least it's not the alternator

[Edited on 28/7/11 by D Beddows]

AdrianH - 27/7/11 at 07:35 PM

Not that much of a job then.

Plenty of rad flush, thermostat out and flush with hose backwards etc. Sure you know the routine.

The water coming out did look very cruddy. At least you should be there for the next run?

Adrian

MkII - 27/7/11 at 08:21 PM

good to see some familiar faces and some new ones,I'll try join you for more of the route next time. .m.

stevegough - 29/7/11 at 04:33 PM

Just repaired another problem which was "thown up" (pun definitely intended) the other night!

The passenger seat (which is fore/aft adjustable) seemed to have mysteriously lost its locking ability.

Unbolted and removed it only to find one of the many pieces of gravel Tom showered me with - when I stupidly halted right behind him - stuck in the locking mechanism!

Cheers, Tom! I owe you one!

Tommy P - 29/7/11 at 04:43 PM

You sure that didn't come from Joe, cos Adrian H got spatterd too, he was behind me whe Joe set off and spatterd me.
If I did then Sorry

stevegough - 29/7/11 at 04:56 PM

quote:
You sure that didn't come from Joe, cos Adrian H got spatterd too, he was behind me whe Joe set off and spatterd me.
If I did then Sorry

I have to admit being confused with you two - welderman is Joe in the orange 666 fury, and Tom was in the green one (and you've both got invisible numberplates) - but it was the green car - of that I'm certain (unless I'm getting colourblind, too?)

AdrianH - 29/7/11 at 05:09 PM

If anyone has an AVI of my rear end (Oh-err misses). I would love to see how much the car leans on the bends, looking at old posts on the Haynes forum some have up'ed the rear springs.

Adrian

Tommy P - 29/7/11 at 05:19 PM

Steve, Yep I'm the green one - so sorry about that, I would have liked to blame Joe, just because. Ha ha.

Adrian, Joe has a short vid (abot 15mins) don't know if your on it but he said he would try to post it later. It's wide angle so unless he was really close you might not see the suspension working on your car.

We could try and fix a camera up to see it next time out.

AdrianH - 29/7/11 at 05:23 PM

Cheers Tom.

Will see what transpires, just looking for a general idea, so any views would be good. Probably embarrassing showing any of my driving but what the hell.

Adrian

welderman - 29/7/11 at 06:11 PM

quote:
Steve, Yep I'm the green one - so sorry about that, I would have liked to blame Joe, just because. Ha ha.

Adrian, Joe has a short vid (abot 15mins) don't know if your on it but he said he would try to post it later. It's wide angle so unless he was really close you might not see the suspension working on your car.

We could try and fix a camera up to see it next time out.

hahahahahahahaha so it was you aswell there nahnahnahnah.

Adrian, i will try and get a video up, but im off to sunny Spain tomorrow for 2 weeks, will do my best

Have a good ride out you lot and take it easy

AdrianH - 29/7/11 at 07:09 PM

Enjoy your holiday, sod the video, you have more important things to get ready.

welderman - 29/7/11 at 08:27 PM

doing the editing right now, just hope the choice of music is allowed on you tube !

scootz - 29/7/11 at 08:31 PM

Nope, sorry Joe, but Swagger Jagger is NOT allowed on YouTube... or on here!

welderman - 29/8/11 at 07:50 PM

im back, video of half of the run.

http://youtu.be/cYjQ0PXxgXQ

keith777 - 29/8/11 at 09:56 PM

The PASA beast lives -I can feel the nightmares starting again-question is -do I tax the indy or sorn it ????
cheers Keith

welderman - 29/8/11 at 10:02 PM

quote:

part 2 for Scootz

http://youtu.be/C_KeSTrm3XU

welderman - 29/8/11 at 10:13 PM

quote:
The PASA beast lives -I can feel the nightmares starting again-question is -do I tax the indy or sorn it ????
cheers Keith

Tax it. There are sunny days to come still

welderman - 30/8/11 at 08:38 AM

lol, quite catchy song lol

scootz - 30/8/11 at 09:20 AM

quote:
quote:

Part 2 for Scootz

http://youtu.be/C_KeSTrm3XU

Tommy P - 30/8/11 at 01:50 PM

quote:
quote:
cheers Keith

Tax it. There are sunny days to come still

Yeah, tax it, we have good sunny days and runs out even through winter - but with more pi55 stops