Board logo

Anyone in the New Forest / Southampton area fancy meeting up?
smitht82 - 10/6/13 at 12:58 PM

Thought it might be a nice idea to find out who lives in the New Forest / Southampton area and all meet up?
List you name below if you'd be interested:

smitht82 - MK Indy R1

nick205 - 10/6/13 at 01:20 PM

There was a monthly meet at the John Barleycorn pub in Cadnam when I had my car. Think it was the first Tuesday of the month, not sure if it still runs though.

twybrow - 10/6/13 at 02:32 PM

As said previously, it is a yes from me.

AFAIK, the old meets stopped some time ago (I went to a couple), but it shows there are a fair people in the area who might be up for a meet/drive out.

twybrow - ZX12R powered Stuart Taylor

smitht82 - 10/6/13 at 05:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
As said previously, it is a yes from me.

AFAIK, the old meets stopped some time ago (I went to a couple), but it shows there are a fair people in the area who might be up for a meet/drive out.

twybrow - ZX12R powered Stuart Taylor

Was just about to PM you about my post as i didn't know if you were back yet :-)

I thought it might be a nice idea to see how many people would be interested and were abouts they live and then maybe arrange a meeting point once a month.

List you name below if you'd be interested:

smitht82 - MK Indy R1 (DP Hythe)
twybrow - ZX12R powered Stuart Taylor (Marchwood)

[Edited on 10/6/13 by smitht82]

[Edited on 10/6/13 by smitht82]

twybrow - 10/6/13 at 08:21 PM

There must be far more! Come on people - we wont bite! And CECs will be welcomed (and their owners re-educated)...!

mkeats02 - 10/6/13 at 08:30 PM

I'm still building but would be up for meeting

The Rhocar lot had a meet there once a month I believe, if you want some extra numbers might be worth including them.

[Edited on 10-6-13 by mkeats02]

twybrow - 11/6/13 at 06:51 AM

mkeats02 - do you have a rhocar account? If so, can you post this on there? I am not snobbish about which kits attend - the more the merrier!

smitht82 - 11/6/13 at 12:08 PM

quote:
mkeats02 - do you have a rhocar account? If so, can you post this on there? I am not snobbish about which kits attend - the more the merrier!

Just signed up and added a post in the Hants Events section

smitht82 - 5/7/13 at 04:44 PM

The Robin Hood Car Club are having a meet next Tuesday 9th July at the West Meon Pub for 7:30 / 8:00pm

http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=36658

I'm going to take a run up there and say hello if anyone else fancies a trip?

http://www.westmeonpub.co.uk/

twybrow - 7/7/13 at 04:00 PM

Hi Tim - I am trying to rearrange another appointment I have on Tuesday evening. It is looking promising... Fancy heading up in a gloriously noisy/rapid convoy full of clutchless shifts, and zorst popping?! The RHOCAR boys wont know what has hit them!

smitht82 - 7/7/13 at 08:33 PM

quote:
Hi Tim - I am trying to rearrange another appointment I have on Tuesday evening. It is looking promising... Fancy heading up in a gloriously noisy/rapid convoy full of clutchless shifts, and zorst popping?! The RHOCAR boys wont know what has hit them!

Lol, sounds (literally) like fun. I was thinking of leaving about 6.30 to hopefully miss the main traffic? Could always meet in the lay by on the A326 by the school crossing.

twybrow - 8/7/13 at 12:53 PM

Any other takers care to join us?