Board logo

Sunday 12th
bob - 11/1/14 at 05:22 PM

Well i know its a bit more than moist but since i've spent money on road tax i'm going out.

Even if its the short run to Walton bridge !!

I was there this morning and the Thames was lets say "high" but i think Sunday AM has an opportunity.

Anybody up for it ?

jacko - 11/1/14 at 05:25 PM

No thank's its to cold and to for for me to come
I hope you have a nice ride out
Jacko

bob - 11/1/14 at 05:38 PM

LOL thanks Jacko.

I think my Kingston is a couple or 3 degrees warmer than yours.

theconrodkid - 12/1/14 at 08:55 AM

nice and warm on the beach here

bob - 12/1/14 at 12:29 PM

[img][/img]

bob - 12/1/14 at 12:31 PM

Was higher 2 days ago, not so bad for boats!!

[img][/img]

bob - 12/1/14 at 12:39 PM

Apart from the cold and bit slippery off the grid it was fine, the coffe and bacon was good as usual.

Sadly the future for Gino and the car park is undecided as Elmsleigh council are making plans to charge for parking at Cowey Sale.

New toilets are being built with one section of the building planned as a kiosk for catering, Gino has the option but you guessed it "with a rent rise" so with car park charges he has to decide.

[Edited on 12/1/14 by bob]
[img][/img]

GeoffT - 12/1/14 at 01:57 PM

Sorry couldn't make it today Bob. Was over that way on Thursday on my way to Shepperton, had to divert through Weybridge as Chertsey bridge road was closed. The water level then was almost right over Walton lane, just the crown of the road passable by the car park....

Fozzie - 12/1/14 at 02:38 PM

Bob .... it is not Elmsleigh Council ....that's Staines....
It's ELMBRIDGE ......as if they don't fleece us enough on car park
fees and council tax ..... ggrrrrrrrrrrr

jacko - 12/1/14 at 02:39 PM

Looks like you had FUN i just stopped in the house and kept warm

jacko

bob - 12/1/14 at 05:16 PM

Jacko i just payed £225 road tax so any opportunity really, oh and coffee plus bacon sarnie is a gimme on a Sunday morning.

Oh and while i'm at it those bike carbs do like a bit of cold air, but you would know all about that

bob - 12/1/14 at 05:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
Bob .... it is not Elmsleigh Council ....that's Staines....
It's ELMBRIDGE ......as if they don't fleece us enough on car park
fees and council tax ..... ggrrrrrrrrrrr

Yes Carol my mistake Elmbridge easy mistake, Elmbridge are the council who do not believe pot holes exist ..... yes ?

Shame they are going to charge for Cowey Sale car park, although if that deters the nonses in the toilets then charge away.

jacko - 12/1/14 at 05:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bob
Jacko i just payed £225 road tax so any opportunity really, oh and coffee plus bacon sarnie is a gimme on a Sunday morning.

Oh and while i'm at it those bike carbs do like a bit of cold air, but you would know all about that

I do know about bike carbs living up north well north to you

Graham

Volvorsport - 12/1/14 at 06:28 PM

Do you guys get over to the ace cafe meetings?

bob - 13/1/14 at 12:49 PM

Some of us have been over to the Ace Cafe, it does really depend on what type of meeting it is.

IMO i do not see the Ace as a holy grail of meeting places, last time i was there the chav element seemed to have invaded sadly.

Fozzie - 13/1/14 at 12:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bob
Some of us have been over to the Ace Cafe, it does really depend on what type of meeting it is.

IMO i do not see the Ace as a holy grail of meeting places, last time i was there the chav element seemed to have invaded sadly.

+1