Board logo

Autosport-NEC 2017
samjc - 24/12/16 at 10:31 AM

Hi boys and girl

Anyone off to the birmingham NEC in January for auto sport international, and has anyone got any promo codes as im ordering the tickets as a present to myself.

P.s Merry Christmas to all.

bi22le - 24/12/16 at 02:05 PM

Me and a friend are considering going for the 1st time as an adult.

I would like to go and have a look but i have some reservations. I really want to get into motorsport and going is just going to make me jealous or do something stupid! The other reason is after experiencing the motor show a week after goodwood a few years back I vowed not to go to a mainstream show again. At goodwood you could pick the flys of of the front of the cars and shake hands with the drivers. A week later you could not get with 15m of the same cars and there was not one employee linked to the car, everybody was either security or a salesman.

Is Autosport as sales driven and souless or does it have the respectful enthusiasts feel?

Trollyjack - 1/1/17 at 08:37 PM

If you go to the show

Make sure you visit the 750MC stand.

loads of different types of racing to suit all budgets.
I race in the Locost great set guys and gals.

you will not go back to trackdays again.

jeffw - 2/1/17 at 07:16 AM

I'm going on the Thursday.

matt5964 - 2/1/17 at 10:36 AM

Will be ther with a few of us on Friday

CNHSS1 - 2/1/17 at 12:05 PM

Will be there Thursday or friday

Madinventions - 2/1/17 at 12:55 PM

I'm going up on the Thursday too, also looking for something to move on to after trackdays! Will definitely pop into the 750mc stand and have a chat.

JimSpencer - 2/1/17 at 04:55 PM

Hi

Been lots of times, run stands at it too and it's a good day out

But

If I was asked where a prospective club motorsport competitor should go I'd suggest Race Retro instead, it's aimed more at the amateur IMHO.

MsD - 2/1/17 at 09:41 PM

Does anybody know, as a member of the msa, can I take a +1 (who isn't a member or in the trade) on the trade days?
Cheers, Mark.