Board logo

Admin contact
sa-fabrication - 11/2/14 at 08:53 PM

Hi all,
Im looking for a Admin contact. I have messaged Chris with no reply, so im looking for someone else who can help.

Basically Ive paid my trader registration fee and the account limits have not been changed. Bit miffed to be honest as Im paying to provide you guys with a damm good deal and I cant give it to you at present.

If someone could help it would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

daveb666 - 11/2/14 at 09:00 PM

Post in here in the short-term mate. At least people can see your offers...

mookaloid - 11/2/14 at 09:00 PM

you could try Fozzie - she is the only other admin on the site.

sa-fabrication - 11/2/14 at 09:18 PM

Thanks guys.
If its not been updated by the morning then I will post in this section.

perksy - 11/2/14 at 09:34 PM

Try Fozzie

She's always been really helpful

big_wasa - 11/2/14 at 09:51 PM

what you selling

sa-fabrication - 12/2/14 at 07:57 AM

Group buy on rear diffusers.

We also make other products including roll cages for kit cars.

ChrisW - 12/2/14 at 10:28 AM

Just so everyone is aware, the payment was made at 19:35 on Monday and this thread started at 08:53 on Tuesday. You didn't exactly give me much time to respond before complaining, Steve. I do have a job and life outside of this site...

Cheers, Chris

sa-fabrication - 12/2/14 at 10:43 AM

Chris,
Im not going to get into a argument about this, but if someone pays so they can do something on here then I would expect it to be within a couple of hours. Especially the sum of money it is for one month. I dont have to come on here and pay to provide offers, my customers speak for me.

I do have a company to run and orders to fill other that filling in forms on forums, and I dont have a life because I do the first so damm well.

Thanks
Steve

ChrisW - 12/2/14 at 10:53 AM

In that case you have clearly misunderstood how this site operates. It's not a commercial venture, I run it in my spare time. If it's commercial advertising and people ready to answer your queries at unsociable hours you require I suggest you look elsewhere, but good luck finding anything like that for the £15 you've spent!

That being the case, I'll issue a refund and you can plug your business elsewhere.

Cheers, Chris

Not Anumber - 12/2/14 at 11:07 AM

Steve. Whether you want to argue or not anyone on here will tell you that isn't a reasonable expectation.

As you will have hopefully gathered by now this forum is run first and foremost as a hobby site not a commercial venture. Chris doesn't draw a salary, the money from advertisers goes to offset the hosting costs- when this fails Chris has to subsidise the difference. There are no profits, support is provided by a volunteer so no one could realistically expect 24 /7 service.

Anyway mate how cheap are your rear diffusers ?

ChrisW - 12/2/14 at 11:16 AM

Thanks for this. I think perhaps the OP needs to investigate how much alternative advertising costs, for example in magazines or on Google, before complaining about £15.

Re: the diffuser, I would appreciate it if you would vote with your feet. There are plenty of others who trade on here that can help you I'm sure!

Chris

sa-fabrication - 12/2/14 at 11:20 AM

I know how much alternative advertising costs. I am fully aware.
How come the thread I posted has been deleted and I have just had a refund? Am I no longer allowed to post then?

Fozzie - 12/2/14 at 12:55 PM

Copied and pasted from the Traders Registration page:-

'......Registrations are usually processed with 24 hours however, if your account has not been upgraded with 36 hours please contact the webmaster. '

loggyboy - 12/2/14 at 01:25 PM

Whilst I appreciate he was being a little impatient, it might be a little harsh to throw the money back at him and deny him a trader status? Unless anything has happened behind the scenes?

ChrisW - 12/2/14 at 01:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Whilst I appreciate he was being a little impatient, it might be a little harsh to throw the money back at him and deny him a trader status? Unless anything has happened behind the scenes?

It's the attitude that annoys me in situations like this. I would much rather nip it in the bud and tell someone I don't want to do business with them than deal with the inevitable issues later on. I've already wasted more than £15 worth of time on this.

"I dont have to come on here and pay to provide offers"

Absolutely correct, and likewise, I don't have to accept traders that I suspect will be more trouble than they are worth.

Cheers, Chris

twybrow - 12/2/14 at 02:23 PM

Come on chaps, sort it out. Chris - yes the OP had perhaps been a little hasty, but don't cut off your nose to spite your face. He is a trader who offers products and services that seem to be well regarded. Yes, it is your right to not accept him onto your site, but sooner or later you will have no members or traders left if you effectively kick out anyone who you disagree with. I know you make no money from Locostbuilders, but if you want it to continue, please be a little more tolerant before we lose yet more members to the Haynes forum and other like minded sites.

sa-fabrication - 12/2/14 at 03:01 PM

Right lets get this straight. Chris 24 hours had passed without hearing anything, not even a automated message saying it can take 24 to 48 hours for the changes to take effect. As far as I was aware the changes would happen within a few hours.

Yes I was probably hasty, but I wanted to promote this deal that is effectively a steal deal.

Chris, What further issues down the line? I dont understand that one.

I find it funny how this is the only forum that has a issue with me. Everyone else is supportive of my offers and advice.

I have made a decision that I wont be posting on here any more. It only seems to cause issues. I only asked about changing the account and instead I have received all the above posts.

I would much rather take my business elsewhere.

sdh2903 - 12/2/14 at 03:26 PM

This sounds ridiculous! Chris as much as I appreciate your efforts with this site but I find your attitude very poor, you can't cast negative opinions about small businesses trying to support this industry without due cause. The guy just sounds keen to drum up business and you accuse him of being a trouble causer.

It looks like us, the contributors, have missed out on a service being provided by a guy who from other reports has a very good reputation.

Poor show.

[Edited on 12/2/14 by sdh2903]

[Edited on 12/2/14 by sdh2903]

MikeCapon - 12/2/14 at 06:55 PM

Chris is absolutely right. When you've run any kind of business for a while you soon learn that there are certain types of people who will be hard work and will end up costing you money and time.

When you first start a business you ignore the warning signs or don't recognise them. You soon work out that stroppy attitudes at the begining almost always continue, escalate and leave you wishing you'd never got involved in the first place.

It may sound a bit hard but there are only 168 hours in a week and I'd rather be spending them on looking after the 99.9% of decent customers who appreciate what you are trying to do for them.

Mike

twybrow - 12/2/14 at 07:10 PM

How can it possibly cost Chris more time? Once set up as a trader, there is no reason this person would need to deal with Chris....

I am miffed that on the basis of one hasty message, we have missed out on a potential deal (and I had expressed my interest in the proposed group buy). It is hardly a good advert for attracting on topic traders to LCB!

CRAIGR - 12/2/14 at 07:16 PM

Its Chris's site so its his choice.
Its not like the website for the business in question is hard to find so i dont see the problem.

Alfa145 - 12/2/14 at 07:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
This sounds ridiculous! Chris as much as I appreciate your efforts with this site but I find your attitude very poor, you can't cast negative opinions about small businesses trying to support this industry without due cause. The guy just sounds keen to drum up business and you accuse him of being a trouble causer.

It looks like us, the contributors, have missed out on a service being provided by a guy who from other reports has a very good reputation.

Poor show.

+1

Looks like Chris got out of the wrong side of the bed!

Shame us contributors have now missed out on what might have been a good deal. There's no reason in todays age that a membership cannot be upgraded automatically most other forums out there can handle it, just look at WSCC, instant upgrade once you've paid. There's been plenty of whip rounds on here so why can't some of the funds have been put towards this, it would save you a huge amount of your time, which you seem to value, and saved all this hassle in the first place?

[Edited on 12/2/14 by Alfa145]

theduck - 12/2/14 at 08:11 PM

Have to add to the above my disappointment at the way this has been handled.

JoelP - 12/2/14 at 08:45 PM

I'm with Chris myself. If he doesn't like the guys tone of post he's well within his rights to tell him to do one. I regularly turn customers away that I don't like the sound of.

ashg - 12/2/14 at 09:06 PM

this site isn't a democracy, Chris is the overlord and dictator its his site! what he says goes, i'm surprised this thread still exists

T66 - 12/2/14 at 09:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
I'm with Chris myself. If he doesn't like the guys tone of post he's well within his rights to tell him to do one. I regularly turn customers away that I don't like the sound of.

Well if i owned a shop, and someone came in it and started giving me some issues, then because its my shop i retain the right to serve who i like.

This is Chris's train set, with a gentle flick of the wrist, the 13amp plug comes out the wall and Chris switches off his train set. Whatever anyone thinks about his manner, its still his train set. If you have an issue with anyone on here, let alone the site owner, you deal with it via u2 until all else fails, not start having an issue on the forum. Maybe the OP did not understand the background to how the site exists & functions, not his fault but tolerance is the key to good feng shui.

But then posts like this keep turning up every so often, lets feel the love guys, lets have a big hug and spread the warmth.

twybrow - 12/2/14 at 10:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by T66
Well if i owned a shop, and someone came in it and started giving me some issues, then because its my shop i retain the right to serve who i like.

Using that analogy, the chap bought and paid for something in a shop, and just as he went to start using it (he missed the sign saying you had to wait to use it), the shopkeeper took it from him and put the money back in the customers wallet!

I agree it is Chris's site, and of course, he can pull the plug for whatever reason whenever he likes, and not serve/host who ever he likes.... But that does not mean we all have to agree with the way he does things all of the time. I have a lot of admiration for Chris for running this site on a relative shoestring - but I don't want LCBs to degrade from the awesome site it is/was, and this type of incident does nothing but harm the overall harmony, whichever side of the camp you sit.

Enuf said.

nick205 - 12/2/14 at 11:18 PM

Just a thought here, could Fozzie maybe broker a peace deal and get things back on track?

It does seem all parties have lost out on this one

mark chandler - 13/2/14 at 12:04 AM

If I buy something on-line at 7pm I would not expect a note saying it's been processed before 9am, just because servers run 24hours a day does not mean the seller does.

£15 to a target audience is very cheap, when people are awkward on first contact it sets the future tone so I,d tell someone to do one as well...

As Fozzie has pointed out, you need to wait 24hours! The machine provided immediate confirmation and a receipt.

If the volume of new traders is low and does justify web site development then a manual process gets used, this is Chris's choice.

Not Anumber - 13/2/14 at 12:38 AM

I agree with Chris. In doing so i am not seeking to make any judgement on the OP. Its just that i agree with what he has said about signs of future potential issues. Customers do sound off from time to time particularly new ones who have not taken the timecto establish the rules andcettiquette. BUT when this is patientlyvpointed out to them it is their place to learn, wind their neck in and start again. What the OP has done is to ome back with comments that could only agrecate and inflame. Wrong move. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is a duck. If it acts like an awkward customer and bleats about having to wait overnight for a fifteen quid service then it most likely is an awkward customer.

Fozzie - 13/2/14 at 12:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
If I buy something on-line at 7pm I would not expect a note saying it's been processed before 9am, just because servers run 24hours a day does not mean the seller does.

£15 to a target audience is very cheap, when people are awkward on first contact it sets the future tone so I,d tell someone to do one as well...

As Fozzie has pointed out, you need to wait 24hours! The machine provided immediate confirmation and a receipt.

If the volume of new traders is low and does justify web site development then a manual process gets used, this is Chris's choice.

Absolutely! the Traders page does state 24-36 hours.
If a request/payment comes through via Paypal during the evening, and the upgrade has to be made manually, then I do think it is unreasonable to expect Chris to be permanently logged in to the site/paypal through the evening and night, hence the please wait 24-36 hours, and if after then, the upgrade hasn't happened let us know!

That info isn't hidden, it is right under the 'choose and pay' button.

Peteff - 13/2/14 at 10:33 AM

In the words of Al Murray. I think it's all a bit of a misunderstanding due to impatience but
my gaff
my gaff

cliftyhanger - 13/2/14 at 10:49 AM

Chris has been justified in all this.
The trader EXPECTS things to be done almost instantly, and has failed to understand this site. All been said earlier, but Chris knows that it is better to cut his losses on here, some peoples money isn't worth taking.

sdh2903 - 13/2/14 at 10:59 AM

Jesus you lot! Everyone would think that the guy had stolen you're children whilst slaughtering fluffy kittens.

He's a small business eager to drum up some business, If he wasn't keen to get business and a wider customer base there would be something majorly wrong.

Please people a little common sense and perspective.

I seriously would have expected Fozzie or Chris to have been a bit more grown up over this.

[Edited on 13/2/14 by sdh2903]

Fozzie - 13/2/14 at 11:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903...........I seriously would have expected Fozzie or Chris to have been a bit more grown up over this.

It is Chris' site, he is the Boss! I have no powers over him, nor do I have any jurisdiction on the financial side
All I have done is reiterate the terms ie the 'waiting period' for new Traders.....so..me, 'be a bit more grown up' ? seriously?

[Edited on 13-2-14 by Fozzie]

sdh2903 - 13/2/14 at 11:10 AM

Yes seriously, you along with Chris are the only admin staff on here and would have expected a slightly more grown up response rather than just quoting forum rules and regulations. This is Obviously a MISUNDERSTANDING and if this is how keen and enthusiastic (if not slightly impatient) traders are to be treated then the trader section will just stagnate.

Again a little perspective required.

Fozzie - 13/2/14 at 11:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
Yes seriously, you along with Chris are the only admin staff on here and would have expected a slightly more grown up response rather than just quoting forum rules and regulations. This is Obviously a MISUNDERSTANDING and if this is how keen and enthusiastic (if not slightly impatient) traders are to be treated then the trader section will just stagnate.

Again a little perspective required.

And again ..... Chris spoke first, he is the boss, I am only admin for the site, NOT the financial side ('Contributors and Registered Traders'.) That part of the site, is outside of my jurisdiction.

Chris is NOT an Admin he is the site Owner .....the terms I quoted were to let other contributors to this thread
know exactly what Chris was talking about.

Edited for Typo

[Edited on 13-2-14 by Fozzie]

sdh2903 - 13/2/14 at 11:36 AM

I give up

DW100 - 13/2/14 at 12:25 PM

I assume the OP will be spending 24 hours a day 365 days a year in his workshop, so that when someone orders a part from him it can be immediately dispatched and will be understanding when the customer complains that it is not there by 8.30 the next morning.

To me it all sounds a little desperate.

Not Anumber - 13/2/14 at 12:59 PM

Perhaps the OP just forgot to remove his welding mask when reading the terms and conditions.

Alfa145 - 13/2/14 at 06:37 PM

Traders dealt with harshly today, perhaps tomorrow it will be contributors?

It's Chris's ball and he'll take it home if he wants.....

nick205 - 13/2/14 at 09:15 PM

Time to lock this thread IMHO and move on.

perksy - 13/2/14 at 09:36 PM

Perhaps it might be a good idea to Delete the thread ?

Chris and Fozzie run the site and without their efforts we wouldn't have a site to comment on in the first place.

So Lets have a group hug and talk cars and engines instead

Fozzie - 14/2/14 at 01:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Time to lock this thread IMHO and move on.

Yep totally agree Nick