Board logo

IRS Locost Suspension
Aled_g - 22/10/09 at 12:23 PM

Anyone know of any other IRS suspensions that have been made on the back of a Locost apart from Double Wishbone? If so some pictures of any builds would be great help, thanks v much

speedyxjs - 22/10/09 at 01:09 PM

Mine isn't quite double wishbone. It has a bottom wishbone but the drive shaft acts as the top one.

Il see if i can find a pic

speedyxjs - 22/10/09 at 01:11 PM

didnt you ask this last week?

MikeRJ - 22/10/09 at 06:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Aled_g
Anyone know of any other IRS suspensions that have been made on the back of a Locost apart from Double Wishbone? If so some pictures of any builds would be great help, thanks v much

The Sierra semi-trailing arms have been used by Robin Hood and Tiger but it's a pretty crappy solution for a 7 IMO.

dr-fastlane - 22/10/09 at 06:57 PM

I used also the sierra rear suspension in my build. And welded the mean beam into the chassis. Maybe al little bit heavy but it’s bullet-proof. Look into my photo archive for some pictures.

boggle - 22/10/09 at 07:06 PM

im in the middle of making the rear irs for a locost chassis..i obtained some drgs from a company called rorty and the drawings are not very good.....you can have a copy if you want?

liam.mccaffrey - 22/10/09 at 08:48 PM

whats wrong with rortys drawings. I was under he impression they were very good

boggle - 22/10/09 at 08:53 PM

wen i started transfering them to my machine some of the angles dont tally up with the lengths, and there are some dimensions missing!!!

t.j. - 23/10/09 at 10:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by liam.mccaffrey
whats wrong with rortys drawings. I was under he impression they were very good

I made a look-a-like upright. I didn't like the single shear shockabsorber mounting. The rest is like the Tiger Avon. I replaced the inner mountings from the upper wishbone for camber-principle.

You can have a look here:
http://jacobstt7.com/?page_id=12&g2_itemId=47&g2_page=3