Board logo

its finally finished and on the road check out the pics!!!
raptor700 - 25/7/10 at 08:33 PM

well it fisnished, i have got it on a 10 reg, some of you know that i am paralyed and the car is runnin a auto clutch and hand controls, it been a long hard build but i think it pays off in the end and am very proud, it sound and goes well, the klicktronic shifter and trickshifter give awesome full trottle upshifts.
hope you like it, its going foir a photo shoot next thu to go into a magazin i will let you know which ine and when

kit car 2
kit car 2

Description
Description

[Edited on 25/7/10 by raptor700]

big_wasa - 25/7/10 at 08:35 PM

[img][/img]

raptor700 - 25/7/10 at 08:38 PM

hey thanks for that any chance you could do the ones kit car 1 - 5 please am lost at this thing thanks

omega 24 v6 - 25/7/10 at 08:42 PM

kit car 3
kit car 3

kit car 4
kit car 4

[img][/img]

swanny - 25/7/10 at 08:45 PM

looks bloody awesome!

raptor700 - 25/7/10 at 08:46 PM

thanks guys for all ya help i can build a car but cant figure out how to put pics on, see how its done now with some help

thanks

CRAIGR - 25/7/10 at 08:46 PM

Very nice . Well done that man.

adam1985 - 25/7/10 at 09:02 PM

looks sweet well done

dazzx10r - 25/7/10 at 09:08 PM

You're paralysed and built that? bloody hell! thats given my inept arse a good kicking , that is bloody lovely mate, well done!

Dan. - 25/7/10 at 09:13 PM

Love it looks awesome, well done!

steve8274 - 25/7/10 at 09:13 PM

looks great.
love the way it is sitting on its wheels
what size are they and what size tyres?
steve

bob - 25/7/10 at 09:19 PM

Well done mate fantastic job, enjoy.

raptor700 - 25/7/10 at 09:21 PM

The wheels are 18" focus rs alloys powdercoated in anthracite and carbon centre covers with 215 35 18, i lowered the arches down more at the front and trimmed some off as i dont like gaps ha, handling is aweosme danni at mk drove it and said it was good and he loved the upshift he now has one on his race car

imp paul - 25/7/10 at 09:34 PM

thats sweeeet very nice

[Edited on 25/7/10 by imp paul]

DavidM - 25/7/10 at 09:39 PM

Great job, but if you don't mind me asking, how do you get in and out of it? I saw another paralysed guy with an MK at a show and he had a crane arm mounted on the back of his car.

David

raptor700 - 25/7/10 at 09:56 PM

no ask away i dot mind, i get my chair next to the car remove the steerin wheel put in the left leg, grab the roof bar and slide in, the other leg does some really mad bending to get in. i have leg calipers, well ankle braces, i can hold my own body weight just, but have no balance, i can walk a little on crutches but not how you think, i have the calipers under my jeans to stop my ankles form trailin, its hard work but well worth it .100 yds to me is like a 2 mile jog for you with a blog on ya back pushing you down.

the chair wont fit in so leaving it behind makes me feel like i can walk

Dusty - 25/7/10 at 10:13 PM

Stunning!!!!!!!!!

cd.thomson - 25/7/10 at 10:35 PM

wow. that is a nice car mate!

Also sounds like you get in and out of the damn things more gracefully than I do .

mangogrooveworkshop - 25/7/10 at 11:57 PM

I wouldnt refer to your physical condition as paralysed.
In the words of mr bruce lee he refered to your condition as "Half man Half machine"
You should rightly be very proud of you achievement. Its shown up a lot of these able bodied bulders the way forward.

scoop - 26/7/10 at 06:11 AM

It looks amazing mate. Im sure everyone on here would love to own it.
Where did the aeroscreen and brakes come from please?

MK9R - 26/7/10 at 06:40 AM

Brilliant, well done fella!!! I love the use of the original (well after market) bike can, looks sweet!!!! So how do the hand controls work, where are they what do they do???

jabbahutt - 26/7/10 at 07:00 AM

superb!! amazing looking car.

IanBrace - 26/7/10 at 07:10 AM

I love it, one of the best looking cars i've seen on here.... well done

TimC - 26/7/10 at 08:09 AM

Fab - love the OZ wheels, love the (Elise-spec?) Corbeau seats...

Very nice indeed!

t16turbotone - 26/7/10 at 08:22 AM

Very nice......well done that man, top job!

RK - 26/7/10 at 12:36 PM

Incredible! Beautiful! Hard to find the words for that!

RAYLEE29 - 26/7/10 at 01:28 PM

Outstanding!! well done fella
Ray

big_l - 26/7/10 at 04:56 PM

Yeah well done sooks awsome !!!

I love the acropovik can looks the nuts just be carefull it docent set fire to your rear arch I had a 90degree bend on my scorpion can !!!
Did it pass the noise test ok

Did it pass

raptor700 - 26/7/10 at 06:58 PM

Thanks guys for ya comments, just to answer some of you questions,

The brakes are hi spec front and rear calipers, the discs are 325 mm on the front, yes big but with no servo and hand controls they still need a lot of pressure as there is a lot of flex on the way down to the pedal , driving with just your left hand at speed is hard work.
The screen is from carbon mods fits a westfield and fits pretty good on the mk it just leaves a slight gap at both the edges.

The hand controls are bolted underneath the steering rack, i removed them from my last motobility car they took a lot of adjustment, as you can see in the 4th pic down, the bar next to the steeerin wheel you pull it towards you to accelrate and push it to brake and its connected to the pedal, i made a new bar to bend round the roll cage and round the steerin wheel, as 14000rpm is a lot of acceleration, and the brake needs about 3 inch to push it so a bit of room was needed, and where you mount it on the pedal denotes the distance due to leverage. When you pull the accelrator it counteracts and pushes down, when you push it it brakes but there is a slider on the accelerator so it doesn push it, and when you pull the accelerator the brake bar is on a slider so it pull the brake pedal backwards.

The akro can was from a suzuki gsxr 1000 but it was on the right hand side of the bike but cause its tri oval i could put it on this side and bought some stickers, cut down the original pipe and had it welded to move the springs, its straight through, and pops on decelration, i only bought it last week

The seats are form corbeau and are exige spec as they had the mold, they weren cheap in any way but the only ones that would fit in the 43cm gap, the fibreglass ones were no good as i have no bum muscles and back ache, i wanted something different.

woodster - 27/7/10 at 09:14 AM

i'm totally gob smacked what a very nice car .... well done and enjoy

RSr - 28/7/10 at 08:20 PM

Very nice, one of the best looking cars I've seen on here, love the wheels. .and the rest, well done

afj - 28/7/10 at 09:10 PM

looking great well done have fun

NigeEss - 28/7/10 at 09:36 PM

If mine ends up half a good as that I'll be a happy man. Top job, well done.

Pezza - 29/7/10 at 04:37 PM

I hope mine looks half as good when finished, i'd be proper proud of that!

Breaker - 6/8/10 at 11:34 AM

Very nice car! What type of rear lights you have on the MK?

aka_shortie - 3/12/10 at 07:02 PM

Stunning motor mate, really like it. Its similar to what im looking to build.

I have two questions though if you dont mind me asking.

1. What sort of budget to you estimate it has cost to build.

2. Any tips to ensure you get an up to date reg plate, as opposed to old reg or Q plate.

Thanks in advance for your help.

jabbahutt - 7/12/10 at 04:13 PM

Truly stunning looking car!! you must be very happy with how that has turned out

aka_shortie - 8/12/10 at 12:24 AM

out of interest, have you got a build diary for this?

Tipster69 - 8/12/10 at 11:05 AM

Hi,

That looks a very very nice car, I'm sure your going to have plenty of fun with it.

Stuart_B - 13/12/10 at 09:09 PM

that looks amazing, love the detail of it.

very nice

brookie - 9/2/14 at 12:35 PM

well I now it a old post but I've been to look at this car hoping to buy it , and your all right the car look as good now as it did back then.