Board logo

Long range fuel tank
ElvisDrivesAnMK - 22/7/11 at 04:33 PM

I'm wanting to buy a long range fuel tank (10 gallon or more) for my MK as I'm driving it around France in Aug/Sept. I know that Welderman can make them but he needs measurements. Has anyone had one made or got the relevant measurements/design?

Thanks in advance,

Elvis.

paulbeyer - 22/7/11 at 06:24 PM

Why not give Martin Keenan a call?

Steve Hignett - 22/7/11 at 06:44 PM

Without sounding flippant;

I'm pretty sure that any fabricator will need measurements or the car to do bespoke work...

austin man - 22/7/11 at 07:50 PM

Ive just returned from a trip to the Nurburg ring and have only a standard tank good for 120 - 130 if driven without thrashing and had no problems key to the trip was locating your petrol stops en route. One of the guys plotted fill ups at 100 mile intervals (one of the group had a Tiger with a pinto and twing 40s and only getting a 110 mile range) carry a can full of juice and youl be okay

pop round to Martin Keenans in Maltby MKengineering he will make yo one as big as you want. If you go for another tank I can possibly find you a buyer for the one you have . A mate is building a Mac 1

DRC INDY 7 - 23/7/11 at 11:22 AM

Forget a bigger tank just need to fit a nissan 200sx s14a turbo engine on our trip to nurburgring i got 45 miles per gallon

If you are after a bigger fuel tank then click on the link bellow for contact details

[Edited on 7/23/2011 by DRC INDY 7]

coozer - 23/7/11 at 01:41 PM

Stick a Vag 1.9tdi in it then you can drive all over the place on one tank full and still smoke the tyres