Board logo

Diffusers to fit MK Indys and locosts
PAUL FISHER - 2/3/12 at 09:57 PM

Those new diffusers look well, I tried one on my Aries and it was a perfect fit, 106cm wide, so should fit all the locosts and others no problem, I will get one ordered for my car, will be available very soon at £150 in all colours and carbon fibre(at extra cost)
[img] Description
Description
[/img]
[img] Description
Description
[/img]
[img] Description
Description
[/img]

Steve Hignett - 2/3/12 at 10:29 PM

Certainly looks a damn sight better than the one made by another company Paul...

ReMan - 2/3/12 at 10:31 PM

Make me a black one
As a matter of interest how much of the boot floor does it cover?

PAUL FISHER - 2/3/12 at 10:35 PM

They go all the way under and fix to the floor, so seal the whole boot area

femster87 - 2/3/12 at 10:36 PM

Those are the same as the GBS zero ones.

PAUL FISHER - 2/3/12 at 10:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hignett
Certainly looks a damn sight better than the one made by another company Paul...

Yes they do look good Steve

PAUL FISHER - 2/3/12 at 10:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by femster87
Those are the same as the GBS zero ones.

Very similar Femi, but cheaper

ReMan - 2/3/12 at 10:59 PM

Is it dry yet?

Bare - 3/3/12 at 03:23 AM

You Do? realise that the typical brick is Aero compared to a sevenesque lump?
And the purpose of that stickon bit of Plastic is entirely intended to make Wimmen in the immediate vicinity Drop their Panties at the mere sight of it??
Only thing More delusional is that your Kar will magically be 'quicker' as result of buying one.

fimi7 - 3/3/12 at 03:58 AM

Paul,
When ready send me a u2u. I am in the US and I am interested in a black one. Can you quote carbon too? And if you will take PayPal?

ReMan - 3/3/12 at 09:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Bare
And the purpose of that stickon bit of Plastic is entirely intended to make Wimmen in the immediate vicinity Drop their Panties at the mere sight of it??
Only thing More delusional is that your Kar will magically be 'quicker' as result of buying one.

If it covers the whole boot floor it will definatly help with ground effect traction
And stop any road dirt getting into my shopping in the boot

snakebelly - 3/3/12 at 09:55 AM

So is it you thats making these Paul? if not who is the manufacturer?

scutter - 3/3/12 at 10:20 AM

quote:

Bare, This as far as i can tell doesn't increase downforce, what is does do and has done on my car is add 10mph to the top speed.

It stops the rear of the car acting like a giant parachute, mind similar gains can be had by adding vents to the rear panel.

ATB Dan.

[Edited on 3/3/12 by scutter]

mark chandler - 3/3/12 at 10:46 AM

quote:

Bare, yet another completely negative comment with no value to anyone !

My car after the floor pan is all open, I am sure that covering this up will be of benefit, this looks like a nice tidy solution why knock it?

We drive 'cars' in the UK, I do not have a clue what a "Wimmen" is please elaborate?

PAUL FISHER - 3/3/12 at 01:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snakebelly
So is it you thats making these Paul? if not who is the manufacturer?

No its not me, wish it was looks like I could make a few quid , contact Danny at MK sportscars

PAUL FISHER - 3/3/12 at 02:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fimi7
Paul,
When ready send me a u2u. I am in the US and I am interested in a black one. Can you quote carbon too? And if you will take PayPal?

As post above, its not me making them, ive just tried one for size on my Aries/stuart taylor, so we know they fit the locost chassis now, Danny at MK is following this thread, so will contact you via U2U when they are in stock, and he will let everyone know how much the carbon ones will be

welderman - 3/3/12 at 02:23 PM

Hmmmm carbon

theduck - 8/3/12 at 12:11 PM

Fancy one of these for my robinhood... Then just need to find a wayto flat floor the engine compartment...

Iaing - 14/3/12 at 01:36 PM

quote:

Who cares, they look good!

fimi7 - 15/3/12 at 07:44 AM

quote:

Originally posted by Bare You Do? realise that the typical brick is Aero compared to a sevenesque lump? And the purpose of that stickon bit of Plastic is entirely intended to make Wimmen in the immediate vicinity Drop their Panties at the mere sight of it?? Only thing More delusional is that your Kar will magically be 'quicker' as result of buying one.

So based on that statement modifications are worthless since incremental improvemtents will amass to nothing.

I do agree that its like pushing a brick through the air, but just like adding wings, any improvement is an improvement. Especially if that improvement maintains the original look of the car that we all love.

scootz - 15/3/12 at 07:53 AM

Tidies the rear end up, so gets a

ceebmoj - 15/3/12 at 10:02 AM

im interested in finding out the price of a CF one as well.

[Edited on 15/3/12 by ceebmoj]

danny keenan - 26/3/12 at 06:23 PM

Our diffusers are now ready and in stock from friday.if anyone would like to order one please send me a u2u.

thanks danny

40inches - 26/3/12 at 07:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by danny keenan
Our diffusers are now ready and in stock from friday.if anyone would like to order one please send me a u2u.

thanks danny

Do you have a price?

danny keenan - 26/3/12 at 08:39 PM

yes they are £150 in any colour

thanks danny

PAUL FISHER - 4/4/12 at 08:35 PM

Picked up my MK diffuser for my Aries, just got to get it fitted now, I will get some pictures up in the next few days

PAUL FISHER - 4/4/12 at 08:44 PM

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

PAUL FISHER - 4/4/12 at 08:57 PM

Contact http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/members/ChrisW/ to register as a trader

But I think its just plain bad manners, to post your wares on someone elses thread, by all means start your own, thats when you have paid to register as a trader

Andybarbet - 4/4/12 at 08:58 PM

SA-Fabrication, I think you maybe could have started off on this forum a little better - I doubt anyone minds a bit of competition but your posts are coming across a bit aggressive (even if they were not meant that way) considering you've only just joined.

This realy is a good forum & full of helpful people, worldwide.

When your trader status is sorted, I think common courtesy would be to put up your own thread offering your services, posting on other peoples threads who are offering a similar product already, seems a bit off to me.

Good luck with your venture, im sure you will get lots of interest, dont take what I have said as bad, just trying to help

sa-fabrication - 4/4/12 at 09:07 PM

I apologise if I may have upset anyone or come across ageessive, but to have all my posts deleted with no reason is fustrating.
The only reason I posted in here is because I though post was asking about diffusers.
I will go through the necessary procedure to register. Sorry I didn't realise there was such a procedure.
Regards
Steve Adkins

loggyboy - 4/4/12 at 09:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Bit rich considering Danny is doing the same thing advertsing his on here!

Andybarbet - 4/4/12 at 09:20 PM

I can understand the frustration, im not a registered trader so dont really know the procedure, im just a very slow builder

Good luck..

coozer - 4/4/12 at 10:56 PM

quote:

But I think its just plain bad manners, to post your wares on someone elses thread, by all means start your own, thats when you have paid to register as a trader

Errmm... bad manners indeed including the original poster advertising them in all colours, carbon fibre and the price!

Is that not blatant advertising?

All right for some but not the others eh?

40inches - 5/4/12 at 08:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
quote:

Errmm... bad manners indeed including the original poster advertising them in all colours, carbon fibre and the price!

Is that not blatant advertising?

All right for some but not the others eh?

My thought's exactly, I don't think the OP, Danny Keenan or MK Sportscars are registered traders. Are they?

sa-fabrication - 5/4/12 at 08:39 AM

Guys,
I dont want people to get out of control on this subject and what has happened in the last 24 hours, but many thanks for your support.
There are obviously some rules on this forum that control what people like my self can say. (not very clear) but I do not want to fall out with any one over this. The reason my posts probably came across aggressive last night it that its is highly frustrating to spend 15 mins setting up an account in good faith only to have all my post deleted, with no prior warning or notification.

I have come to this forum in good faith to supply all kit car owners with unique products at very reasonable prices. I am not here to take business away from anyone. As far as I am aware there is no one else near me that offers this kind of service.

Now then, lets all get along... please.

Happy building,

Steve Adkins

Davegtst - 5/4/12 at 08:46 AM

God know why but MK seem to get away with trading without being a trader on here but everyone else has different rules. I have bookmarked your site S.A, i'll be in touch after my IVA.

sa-fabrication - 5/4/12 at 09:44 AM

I have just read the policy on traders and it goes like this:
"A 'trader' is defined as anyone who posts more than five posts advertising goods for sale in any calendar month, and any person making a regular profit from exposure gained from posts on LocostBuilders"

Considering the use of the facility would cost me £15 per month, I will not be on here as a trader. I only started trading this year, and too keep paying out on advertising is getting a joke.

Hopefully the few of you that have now got my details will consider making purchases with my company.

All the best

Steve

MakeEverything - 5/4/12 at 11:20 AM

Do the MK diffusers come ready to fit form or need modifying to fit like their other products (wishbones, engine cradle, panels, scuttle...)?

[Edited on 5-4-12 by MakeEverything]

PAUL FISHER - 5/4/12 at 05:46 PM

Let's not turn this into another get on to MK Sportscars thread
I think I owe someone an apology, (but please be aware I did not delete your posts), although I still think it's bad form to cross post someone elses thread I wrongly assumed MK were registered traders on here and as MK Sportscars are "any person making a regular profit from exposure gained from posts on LocostBuilders" I think they should be, but thats something for the MK and the forum administrators to sort out, if they feel I or MK Sportscars have broke or bent any forum rules. I think Danny's and MK Sportcars' presence on this forum is invaluable as a direct port of call for members requiring information, advice or problems on the MK Indy range, I know he does a lot via U2U's to members, we don't want to loose another manufacturer contact point on this forum, as in their defence they did not start this thread, I did, and I did so because I was genuinely pleased that I had found a diffuser that not only fitted MK's but also would fit my Aries and other locosts, and thought it would be of interest to everyone, I have no financial connection with MK Sportscars, or the manufacturer of these diffusers, just one still very happy customer, even though I don't own an MK any longer.
In my own defence I have posted many times in the past, like most other members do, if I have found a good deal, or received good service from a wide range of manufactures and suppliers not just MK, and will continue to do so

INDY BIRD - 6/4/12 at 09:41 PM

Well put Paul,

I have done the same posted about good products or service, ie the exhausts etc, but I sometimes hold back on here because there seems to be people who want to jump on the band wagon, or don't like certain cars manufacturers so find any opportunity to put forward there opinion, granted they are entitled to it but perhaps they should start there own post and not jump or genuine post of a good product or service that may support a fellow locoster etc,

Hope it sorts itself out,

Happy Easter

major - 7/4/12 at 08:40 AM

Anyone,

As we are on the subject, I am looking for something like this:

back
back

PAUL FISHER - 7/4/12 at 01:05 PM

Looks like a donkervoort, can't say ive ever seen anything like that for sale, looks good though with the integrated number plate and fog lights

stevec - 8/4/12 at 12:37 PM

quote:
Looks like a donkervoort, can't say ive ever seen anything like that for sale, looks good though with the integrated number plate and fog lights

Looks more like it fell off a Rover Streetwise or similar to me.

[Edited on 8/4/12 by stevec]

yellowcab - 8/4/12 at 01:34 PM

Steve - well done for joining up off the back of my recommendation mate, the somewhat 'friendly' atmosphere I described has clearly been scuppered.

Seems that unless you are charging extreme amounts of money, or not delivering parts on time, you're not welcome.

Such a shame, sorry I recommended you to this forum.

Jon Ison - 8/4/12 at 03:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by yellowcab
Steve - well done for joining up off the back of my recommendation mate, the somewhat 'friendly' atmosphere I described has clearly been scuppered.

Seems that unless you are charging extreme amounts of money, or not delivering parts on time, you're not welcome.

Such a shame, sorry I recommended you to this forum.

You obviously missed Pauls apology and thought it best to get this thread back into controversial mode rather than "friendly" ?

sebastiaan - 8/4/12 at 03:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by major
Anyone,

back
back

Et Voilá!

Is this what you are looking for?

His stuff seems to be mainly geared towards the VM seventy-seven (Which I think is more or less a DAX Rush?), so might be a bit wider than the average Vortexerfieldindyseven thingy ;-)

Edit: piccy added

[Edited on 8/4/12 by sebastiaan]

major - 9/4/12 at 02:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sebastiaan
quote:
Originally posted by major
Anyone,

back
back

Et Voilá!

Is this what you are looking for?

His stuff seems to be mainly geared towards the VM seventy-seven (Which I think is more or less a DAX Rush?), so might be a bit wider than the average Vortexerfieldindyseven thingy ;-)

Edit: piccy added

[Edited on 8/4/12 by sebastiaan]

Bedankt!

PAUL FISHER - 31/5/12 at 10:25 PM

Ive just trail fitted my diffuser, its not fixed in place but it just gives the idea what its going to look like, it fitted quite well, I just had to cut out two 6cm x 9cm sections out of it for the two bottom chassis rails to stick through on the Aries chassis as you can see in the picture. Lenght wise it fits perfect, just goes under the floor so I will be able to rivet it straight to the floor, I am then going to fit hidden rivnuts under the rear lip to the back panel for a clean finish at the rear, there plenty of clearance between the defuser and the suspension so no further cutting of it required there, so overal very pleased with it, another 2 or 3 hours work and I should have it fitted now, so I would say 5 or 6 hours to fit from start to finish

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

Pat_T - 4/6/12 at 06:47 AM

Looks good Paul, do you know how much it weighs? or if you get a chance could you pop it on the scales?

Cheers!

PAUL FISHER - 4/6/12 at 08:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pat_T
Looks good Paul, do you know how much it weighs? or if you get a chance could you pop it on the scales?

Cheers!

Just weighed it, 3.5kgs, not bad for the size of it.