Board logo

Martins latest project.......
Jon Ison - 19/4/08 at 02:11 PM

Having been over at Martins all morning having a new roll bar made it gave me the chance to see the latest midi.......

The chassis looks superb, if it goes 1/2 as good as it looks then it will gooooooooo.

I want one.

stevec - 19/4/08 at 02:38 PM

Is there any pics of it anywhere?
Cheers.
Steve.

Jon Ison - 19/4/08 at 02:59 PM

Don't think so I didnt take any out of courtesy.

worX - 19/4/08 at 04:27 PM

I've heard about it a few times from different people and sounds like it will be an excellent car! Looking forward to seeing it now

Steve

Jon Ison - 19/4/08 at 04:32 PM

It as the appearance of a 7 but the engines in the back with the driver moved forward.

Nice 03 smart car sat there to, wonder whats been transplanted into that ?

chrisg - 19/4/08 at 07:32 PM

OOooo!!

Oooo!!

I know, but I don't know if it's a secret!

I'd agree regarding Martin's new car it's going to be awsome.

Cheers

Chris

Jon Ison - 19/4/08 at 07:59 PM

Chris, I left you a present.

chrisg - 19/4/08 at 08:12 PM

Thanks mate!

Cheers

Chris

Hammerhead - 19/4/08 at 08:13 PM

is it box section or round tubes?

Jon Ison - 19/4/08 at 08:15 PM

Mixture but its chassis #1 so don't know if things will change.

DRC INDY 7 - 19/4/08 at 09:35 PM

It says on martins website that it is a 2 seater midi engine kitcar car which should be completed for the summer

Benzine - 20/4/08 at 08:39 AM

pics or it didn't happen

Guinness - 20/4/08 at 10:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
pics or it didn't happen

Come on Benzine, play fair. You can't ask for photo's of someone else's new project, when your's is so firmly under wraps!

Cheers

Mike

addison - 20/4/08 at 02:30 PM

Hi, I have put a few photos of my new project on my website www.mkengineering.co.uk
Please let me know what you think good or bad
regards martin

lococost - 20/4/08 at 04:12 PM

looks good! It's bound to be a lot lighter without the sierra diff and prop. No inboard suspension though?

[Edited on 20/4/08 by lococost]

worX - 21/4/08 at 06:12 AM

Looks good Martin, but I think it deserves a better roll bar than that...

Steve

quote:
Originally posted by addison
Hi, I have put a few photos of my new project on my website www.mkengineering.co.uk
Please let me know what you think good or bad
regards martin

Jon Ison - 21/4/08 at 06:16 AM

Those photos don't do it justice, thought it looked 100% better in the flesh, obviously taken while still suffering from minor over indulgence in the odd beer ?

neilj37 - 21/4/08 at 07:51 AM

Surprised that you have gone outboard not inboard suspension. What is the reason for this?

Bluemoon - 21/4/08 at 08:27 AM

I don't mind outboard, keeps it simple (and probably lighter) also allows more room in the chassis.. Still as said many might be looking for this option if done well you can more setup options.

Dan

[Edited on 21/4/08 by Bluemoon]

Mave - 22/4/08 at 07:45 PM

Martin,

nice new project. Just a couple of remarks:
- I don't like the bottom tubes at the front (the fact that they're not going directly to the vertical tubes holding the wishbone brackets). I guess you have a reason to have them like they are, but it looks a bit weird.
- I'm not particulary fond of the curved tube at the back end. I'd rather see a straight tube going directly to the rearmost vertical tube that holds the wishbone brackets.

Other than that; I'd love to build something like that. Curious to see what the body style will be.

Marcel
www.mk-indy.nl

Benzine - 23/4/08 at 10:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Guinness

Come on Benzine, play fair. You can't ask for photo's of someone else's new project, when your's is so firmly under wraps!